tModLoader Vibrant Reverie (formerly W1K's Mod Redux)

Any eta on the Phoenix fixes? they're pretty unkillable right now as a summoner. I.E. Constantly go in regeneration mode.
Hmm, disabling the Omega Drive from Thorium seems to have stopped bouncing towards the cap every so often.

Last edited:
Hi.... I got some questions
1. Are you planning to do some more beams (Metroid) besides Power and Plasma? would be neat
2. Every Item i had from your mod suddenly disappeared I don't know why I checked everything. Is that a common problem?

P.S. Love the Mod nonetheless :p

Any eta on the Phoenix fixes? they're pretty unkillable right now as a summoner. I.E. Constantly go in regeneration mode.
Hmm, disabling the Omega Drive from Thorium seems to have stopped bouncing towards the cap every so often.
I've noticed this as well, any sort of damage regardless of how large it is will make them go into ethereal form and just regain all of their life

1. Are you planning to do some more beams (Metroid) besides Power and Plasma? would be neat
2. Every Item i had from your mod suddenly disappeared I don't know why I checked everything. Is that a common problem?
Maybe? We had an overall idea to introduce a wave beam in the past but concept being absurdly strong for this kind of game we kind of scrapped it in favor of the plasma beam, but now that we've reached past 1.1 and wall-piercing weapons are fairly common, we could easily bring it back.

About the items disappearing, I have no clue. We were not able to replicate the issue ourselves. With more information however we could investigate further.

No real eta, the phoenixes themselves are as good as done, however I don't feel confident in releasing them without the new gears I promised in earlier posts. However, being in a lack of active spriters makes estimating a release pretty much impossible.

I can't find ammo that works with the hunting rifle
It should use bullets like any other gun, earliest of which should be musket balls sold by the gunslinger.

If for any reason those are not working, make sure you have the latest version of the mod installed as there was a bug in the previous version preventing all guns from using ammo.

when will it be out for tmod 9.1?
It should work with 9.1 no problems. If not, I will update it fairly soon as I'm almost done with the phoenixes rework and the new weapons shipping along with it. Give it two or three days at max.

It should work with 9.1 no problems. If not, I will update it fairly soon as I'm almost done with the phoenixes rework and the new weapons shipping along with it. Give it two or three days at max.
Thanks!!! No problem! :) It DID work, but, I had to port Grealm and Sacred tools manually. Then it gave me that error. I love your mod- for a long time I have. I really appreciate all of your hard work.

Reactions: W1K
Version 1.0.1 and the Phoenixes rework is finally up. Here's the usual changelog.

-New Weapons
Phoenix Talon, Elemental Chakram and Elemental Piercer introduced. They can be crafted using one of each elemental crest. This brings the Phoenix tier gears total to 2 melee weapons (a pseudo-sword and a chakram), 1 ranged weapons (bow), 1 magic weapon (staff) and a high-defense counter-based armor set.

-Phoenixes Rework
Phoenixes had their self-heal mechanic removed. In place of healing, rebirth now triggers a unique, stronger attack pattern which renders the Phoenix temporarily unable to rebirth for the duration of the attack (damage caused is not applied to the rebirth counter). The attack is different for each phoenix. This was made to prevent never-ending boss fights.

- The phoenixes rebirth mode counter is no longer increased by incoming damage from debuffs and pre-hardmode minions and sentries.
- Slightly reduced size of Arborix's thorny explosions.
- Phoenixes now drop a second copy of each crest.
- Changed Ridley's boss music with a new theme song rearranged by Kobalt Uranus, mainly as a mean of avoiding the use of copyrighted contents.
- Added missing map icons for all existing bosses (bosses will now appear on the map/minimap).
- Okiku drops 26 gold coins instead of 8 and the Okiku Doll furniture has now been ported. The doll can be broken to get Okiku's vanity set. No other functionality of the doll has been ported.
- Ridley's drops adjusted to be more in line with the other hardmode bosses (will now drop 20-35 crystals)

- Fixed phoenixes slightly misaligned hitboxes.
- Fixed Ardorix's projectiles generating from its lower body instead of its mouth.
- Fixed Miracle Leaf projectile ("tip" of the vines created by Arborix's thorns) taking longer to disappear compared to its vines.
- Ported Sandman's accidentally missing custom sounds.

There is currently a known minor bug involving custom sounds (specifically, Sandman's and Ridley's) which, for unknown reasons, seem to print the ID of the sound in chat whenever it plays. I suspect it to be an API issue, but I will update the mod once I have a solution.

The download link is the usual on the main thread. The mod browser version (Lite) should also be up.

Quick teaser if you haven't seen it on my profile yet.

Last edited:
When are you supposed to fight the bosses?
If you're asking specifically about the phoenixes, they are balanced to be the "last" tier of pre-hardmode. That is however assuming you avoid triggering their rebirth as their special attack is meant to be punishing and overall harder to avoid (I'm not entirely sure of the balance of the latter as they are a fresh addition, however).

If you're asking specifically about the phoenixes, they are balanced to be the "last" tier of pre-hardmode. That is however assuming you avoid triggering their rebirth as their special attack is meant to be punishing and overall harder to avoid (I'm not entirely sure of the balance of the latter as they are a fresh addition, however).
Actually all bosses in general. Trying to compile a new progression guide.

Actually all bosses in general. Trying to compile a new progression guide.
Yian Kut-Ku should be around the same tier as eye of cthulhu.
The three phoenixes should be around the same tier as the wall of flesh.
Ivy Plant should be balanced for very early-hardmode.
Death, Rathalos and Ridley should be around the same tier as the mechs.
Okiku does not have a very defined tier but the boss fight was initially designed for 1.1 end-game (basically right after the mech bosses).

Sadly most of the bosses gears except for the phoenixes are rather lacking and are mostly centered around a specific weapon class. Old awful design I'm not proud of and It is my plan to fix such lack in the nearest future I can afford.

Yian Kut-Ku should be around the same tier as eye of cthulhu.
The three phoenixes should be around the same tier as the wall of flesh.
Ivy Plant should be balanced for very early-hardmode.
Death, Rathalos and Ridley should be around the same tier as the mechs.
Okiku does not have a very defined tier but the boss fight was initially designed for 1.1 end-game (basically right after the mech bosses).

Sadly most of the bosses gears except for the phoenixes are rather lacking and are mostly centered around a specific weapon class. Old awful design I'm not proud of and It is my plan to fix such lack in the nearest future I can afford.

That's fine, I'm all about the bosses. The old phoenixes will be missed. Thanks for the help.

Did I mention that I loved the old phoenixes and how much they could piss me off yet being so simple to beat?

Last edited:
This is such a fun mod, I remember playing it waaaay back in the old Tconfig days and instantly deciding the magi musket was my favorite weapon, still is after all this time.

Also I'm not sure if your debugging multiplayer yet but I found a weird bug where sluggers can rapid fire their attack in multiplayer. Resulting in a near stream of base balls sometimes.

Really impressed W1K, only the sprites that need work, no black outlines on some bosses and items, better contrats and shading. Other than that, nice mod. :)

Back
Top Bottom