tModLoader Vibrant Reverie (formerly W1K's Mod Redux)

W1K

Witch
Behold my 10 years old banner!
W1KModpack2.gif

(click here for the old tAPI thread)

Always accepting coding commissions.

ALSO YES I KNOW WE NEED BETTER PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL

Trailer courtesy of @LordDark4

Outdated fancy custom bosses video

Weapon Demonstration (Magi Musket), Weapon Demonstration (Phoenix Breath)

Back once again, like a very lazy phoenix, with the project which took more of my free time than sleeping (consider this a very blatant lie, I sleep a lot).
W1K's Mod Redux, the successor to W1K's Modpack, W1K's Content Pack Remix and W1K's Sizeable Variety Package, now with 100% less questionable and less original names.

Yes, uncle W1K, we all know you and despise you, but what are you offering us here?
Funny you ask you person, W1K's Mod Redux is and will always be a content pack, compilation of my questionable coding prowess, designed to blend as much as my effort can possibly afford with the game's original concept of balance. This means:
- It includes contents, just contents, but a sizable amount of contents. NPCs, 10 custom bosses, around 130 items, at least by the last time I bothered checking.
- All bosses and a good chunk of NPCs have their own unique AIs.
- It's balanced with vanilla Terraria in mind and a maniacal level of attention. But I still want you guys to have fun. Because everyone likes fun.
- You can turn into a DRAGON.

That is all for the introduction, now for the technical difficulties.

This is a very old mod still in the process of being repolished. You see, modding standards 'back in my days' were not nearly as refined. I also improved as both designer and programmer over the years. So, lots of work to do still, but 99% of the mods contents are very much playable, playtested and balanced.
It supports Expert Mode, but does not add much more to the table outside loot bags and proper NPC scaling (some of the most recent contents might have slight Expert tweaks however). Every content currently included is obtainable outside of Expert Mode as no expert exclusive rewards have been designed just yet.
The original mod dates back in Terraria 1.1, when the mechanical bosses were the last and only hardmode bosses. There is plenty of ground to cover from there on, but don't expect a sizable amount of contents past such progression milestone just yet.
Due to the new changes to the hardmode desert, hardmode jungle and hardmode dungeon, some old dating NPCs have been scrapped as they held no purpose otherwise (namely Death Casters, Desert Scorpions and Jungle Spiders). New contents have been polished and re-purposed for post-Golem tiers (notable the new Dungeon Master boss replacing old Death, and two new Martian-tiered guns) but there is still much work to do.

You can hop by the Terraria Mods wiki for a list of contents, or refer to the very old fairly outdated wikia.

Important progress notes:
- For now, Gravity Suit will only require Gravity Crystals to be crafted, until Nightmare has been properly ported, or I figure something out as I go through repurposing my old designs into more unique contents not ripped off from other IPs. This means the Fusion Suit will not be craftable, and I am currently not sure what will happen of it. An update will eventually go over most Metroid-inspired contents.
- Okiku's purpose is mostly a fun fight, much like the older iterations of the mod. The belowed Shadow Dragon morph has been ported and is obtainable, but is not correctly balanced or amazingly polished just yet. An 'Okiku' update will come at a later time.

Download
Requires tModLoader (0.11.7.4+)
Version: 1.2.2.1

Last updated: Jun 26 2021 (GMT+2)

Feel free to redirect any complaints (or any kind of talk about the mod, really) to the thread below.
Or our fancy DISCORD server where I'm always around.
Also I have a Ko-Fi if you wish to donate to my noble cause!
Obligatory Credits Tab

Gaming Crew community

My italian gaming community. The modpack was born here as a friends project, although it expanded quite a lot outside of its boundaries, it will forever be the spark that started the whole circuit.
Kobalt Uranus (my brother) - For helping me in general, including testing and spriting. Currently listed as one of the authors due to his insane amount of work put towards porting contents.
@Suweeka - Current Art Director of the project. Contributed more sprites than I can think of. Give em some love.
Zeno and @LordDark4 - Both great friends of mine, made a majority of the mod's earlier sprites.
Surfpup - For creating tConfig and helping me out so to understand it better.
The whole tAPI team - For continuing to provide working modding APIs where tConfig left.
The whole tModLoader team - For continuing to provide working modding APIs where tAPI left.
@Omnir - #blameomnir for the awesome Vampire sprite, the metroid related armors and the phoenix sprites.
Soran - For his support and his Masamune's sprite.
Frikman - For the touhou-related sprites, taken from the texturepack 'Tourraria - Another Touhou Texturepack'.
@Zoodletec - For his awesome sprites, which are currently about 80% of my modpack. Forever be awesome, dude.
@Yoraiz0r - For being himself. And for the phoenix projectiles codes.
@Zero-Exodus - For being a cool guy and contributing with the Chao extra forms (Ratha/Ivy/Death Chao).
houhu12 - Pizza guy sprite and idea.
@Geneen - Gravity Control Device's sprite.
@Zoomo - For being the awesome spriter he is. And for respriting Bloodseeker, Starstorm and Fire Queens.
Ghoul - For being a cool guy and respriting most of Rathalos weaponry, Rathalos itself and other old weapons.
@Eli10293 - Contributed Phoenix Breath's sprite and the new improved Magi Musket.
@puffepuf - Contributed the Holy Fairies' fantastic sword projectile.
freeSFX - Various sound effects to add extra punch to our boss fights and more.

I have used a great amount of sprites from different authors over the years, so if you happen to find a sprite which went un-credited, let me know straight away.

Last edited:
wow, this actually got ported over :) its weird how i used this a lot before switching over to tmod, but i cant remember what anything looks like in the mod anymore...

awesome! I've been hoping this mod would get ported for a while now!
also, i'm glad the medusa head was removed. those were really annoying.

awesome! I've been hoping this mod would get ported for a while now!
also, i'm glad the medusa head was removed. those were really annoying.
I'm kind of sad they're gone, as they were among one of my favorite NPCs, being a big Castlevania fan and all. Granted, they were probably a bit too fast for their wall clipping habits.
I am pondering of porting them still, especially now that petrification is an actual thing, but move them to a less crowded biome. Most likely the marble biome, to go along with the new Medusa enemies. That is, if I can make them spawn without taking spawns away from other NPCs like they used to in the past, along with making them slower and most likely reducing spawn chances.

Anyway, on a side note, I don't think I need to specify this, but I'm perfectly open to feedback and constructive criticism and encourage it as always. I'm doing what I can to keep the quality of contents high, which is why a good chunk of contents has been reworked for this release and other contents have been scrapped altogether because deemed unnecessary and doomed to staying so. The better I know how and why X pieces of contents are appreciated or despised, the easier it is for me to tweak them more appropriately if I deem a change is fit or build contents in a similar fashion.

I'm kind of sad they're gone, as they were among one of my favorite NPCs, being a big Castlevania fan and all. Granted, they were probably a bit too fast for their wall clipping habits.
I am pondering of porting them still, especially now that petrification is an actual thing, but move them to a less crowded biome. Most likely the marble biome, to go along with the new Medusa enemies. That is, if I can make them spawn without taking spawns away from other NPCs like they used to in the past, along with making them slower and most likely reducing spawn chances.

Anyway, on a side note, I don't think I need to specify this, but I'm perfectly open to feedback and constructive criticism and encourage it as always. I'm doing what I can to keep the quality of contents high, which is why a good chunk of contents has been reworked for this release and other contents have been scrapped altogether because deemed unnecessary and doomed to staying so. The better I know how and why X pieces of contents are appreciated or despised, the easier it is for me to tweak them more appropriately if I deem a change is fit or build contents in a similar fashion.
Is there any lackluster sprites that need improvement?

Is there any lackluster sprites that need improvement?
The only real lack at the moment are the boss loot bags, as they all use the example loot bag sprite from the tModLoader example mod, as a placeholder.
As far as anything else is concerned, I will always accept a sprite if I deem it more fitting than the one I currently have.
Note that the sprites shown in the experimental wiki can be likely outdated, you can however download the tModReader app from the tModLoader thread, decompile the mod and look for them yourself. This might also show contents not currently obtainable in-game due to them being either scrapped or placeholders for future ports.

The only real lack at the moment are the boss loot bags, as they all use the example loot bag sprite from the tModLoader example mod, as a placeholder.
As far as anything else is concerned, I will always accept a sprite if I deem it more fitting than the one I currently have.
Note that the sprites shown in the experimental wiki can be likely outdated, you can however download the tModReader app from the tModLoader thread, decompile the mod and look for them yourself. This might also show contents not currently obtainable in-game due to them being either scrapped or placeholders for future ports.
I remember there being that weapon that shot the spiral of 3 different flames/elements
Is that still in this version?

I remember there being that weapon that shot the spiral of 3 different flames/elements
Is that still in this version?
Yes, Phoenix Breath. It's also in the head of the main thread along Magi Musket.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=424518065

If you're interested in its sprite, this is it
PhoenixBreath.png

which is meant to be a staff with the 3 phoenix crests attached to it (which are the material components)
CrestofEarth.png
CrestofFire.png
CrestofWater.png

Just for instance, the staff is now held and aimed like an actual staff, not swung around like crazy anymore.

Yes, Phoenix Breath. It's also in the head of the main thread along Magi Musket.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=424518065

If you're interested in its sprite, this is it
View attachment 134095
which is meant to be a staff with the 3 phoenix crests attached to it (which are the material components)
View attachment 134096 View attachment 134097View attachment 134098

Just for instance, the staff is now held and aimed like an actual staff, not swung around like crazy anymore.
How are these?
Phoenix.png

just noticed my name is in the credits, hey @W1K i have a ported, slightly reworked chao if u r interested, link me on steam
I would love to see them, however my steam friends list is comparable to a very disorganized zoo, which would make it a safari I suppose? Or a natural reserve? Which is kind of the same?
Ye could post them here instead if you want. The mod doesn't actually have proper working chao yet because I kind of waited the end of the porting process for them, once all bosses are done, as I need to give them quite a bit of rework by turning them into projectiles and not clog up NPC slots (like all vanilla pets do).

I would love to see them, however my steam friends list is comparable to a very disorganized zoo, which would make it a safari I suppose? Or a natural reserve? Which is kind of the same?
Ye could post them here instead if you want. The mod doesn't actually have proper working chao yet because I kind of waited the end of the porting process for them, once all bosses are done, as I need to give them quite a bit of rework by turning them into projectiles and not clog up NPC slots (like all vanilla pets do).
yeah i made Miakoda into a pet with minion-like tendacies, as it stands double tapping down turns on combat mode, where it acts kinda like a hornet/ufo type of shooting minion. if you dont like that i can remove the minion part.

yeah i made Miakoda into a pet with minion-like tendacies, as it stands double tapping down turns on combat mode, where it acts kinda like a hornet/ufo type of shooting minion. if you dont like that i can remove the minion part.
It's mainly the sprites that I'm interested into, granted I had been thinking of turning the chao into some sorts of minions for a while, the idea was to make them support the player in some way rather than straight out deal damage tho. I have also not really delved into the world of minion weapons at all just yet.

Back
Top Bottom