tModLoader Vibrant Reverie (formerly W1K's Mod Redux)

Sorry for the double post, really quick hotfix!

I'm pleased to announce we now have a github repository. Which I'm still not sure whether I should make accessible to the public or not. What this means on the grand scheme of things is that the modpack now doesn't clog the mod browser's bandwidth. On the grander scheme of things it means I can now upload past the 1MB limit!

Or to put it really simply, the lite version is no more. From now on, the mod browser version will be exactly the same as the one you can access on this thread. Which makes my life and everyone else's easier. Especially mine. Because I don't have to split folders anymore.

Version 1.0.2.1
- More item costs rebalancing. I'm sure there's much more to go. I found the way I was assigning values before was totally wrong and most items will have to be looked at eventually.
- Fixed Phoenix gears costing roughly 100 times more than I intended. Yeah that weapon shouldn't cost 1 plat to reforge.

It's amazing to see the dragon transformation has finally made the jump and I couldn't be happier. ;(
It was was one of if not my favorite way to play game way back and even though It's not possible to use weapons while transformed, I still see it as a great addition to the summoning playstyle!

Also, I've encounterd a conflict with the enemy affixes mod. Every time the dragon transformation has an affix applied the game treats the transformation as an actual enemy and damages the player constantly. I don't encounter this problem with the transformations in thorium, so I would assume it'd be a simple enough fix?
If not, I don't mind giving up affixes for a dragon transformation.:D

Reactions: W1K
Also, I've encounterd a conflict with the enemy affixes mod. Every time the dragon transformation has an affix applied the game treats the transformation as an actual enemy and damages the player constantly. I don't encounter this problem with the transformations in thorium, so I would assume it'd be a simple enough fix?
If not, I don't mind giving up affixes for a dragon transformation.:D
I'm not sure there's anything I can do to prevent prefixes from being applied to the dragon, other than converting the dragon into a projectile rather than an NPC (which I should do eventually). Easy to assume that is exactly the same way Thorium gets around the issue. For now, I'll just try to add additional code as a safeguard to make sure the NPC's damage is constantly reset to 0.

For now, I'll just try to add additional code as a safeguard to make sure the NPC's damage is constantly reset to 0.
I'm sure that will alleviate a lot of frustration, however I don't think it will prevent the many amounts of debuffs that some affixes cause (there are some that can't be protected against). This probably won't be an issue when it's changed to a projectile though and it's much less frustrating than taking 40+ damage a second. :D

Hi there! You have done a really good job. I have been following this mod for a long time. I fell in love with that dragon transformation <3

I was wondering. I'm using some mods where you can get items to increase summoner damage, but sadly, they seem to not apply to the dragon form! They do apply to every other "summon damage" item. I'm using an RPG mod too, increasing health, damage, armor and more of enemies. Is it possible for the dragon to be capped at damage 171? Just something I noticed and thanks for this great mod =)

I was wondering. I'm using some mods where you can get items to increase summoner damage, but sadly, they seem to not apply to the dragon form! They do apply to every other "summon damage" item. I'm using an RPG mod too, increasing health, damage, armor and more of enemies. Is it possible for the dragon to be capped at damage 171? Just something I noticed and thanks for this great mod =)
Glad you like it!

The damage tooltip is manually written down so it does not use the same code vanilla uses for damage calculations. Its base of 45 damage is multiplied by every minion damage buff. The problem might be a matter of mod priority, which means the damage should still be modified as intended despite the number being wrong (or likely so). You could test its damage to confirm whether it matches the written number. I would like to know myself.

I'm not sure about the damage cap thing.

Glad you like it!

The damage tooltip is manually written down so it does not use the same code vanilla uses for damage calculations. Its base of 45 damage is multiplied by every minion damage buff. The problem might be a matter of mod priority, which means the damage should still be modified as intended despite the number being wrong (or likely so). You could test its damage to confirm whether it matches the written number. I would like to know myself.

I'm not sure about the damage cap thing.

Why is the damage value manually written if the effect is still being modified? Would it not be more appropriate to have the value dynamic to more accurately represent the damage?

Why is the damage value manually written if the effect is still being modified? Would it not be more appropriate to have the value dynamic to more accurately represent the damage?
The doll doubles as a mount and a placeable furniture. Since it can be actively used, having a damage value stored into the item would cause it to deal damage as if it was a sword when swung around to be placed. Which is not a massively huge deal by any means, just kinda weird.
There likely are alternate measures I can take to prevent said damage, and it might as well be the easiest option, but since I can't confirm myself the problem is just in the tooltip and, admittedly, the dragon as it stands is a sort of a placeholder/teaser until I actually get to rework Okiku's drops, I'll likely rework it later to make it its own unique item without having to rely on the placeable doll, at which point the problem would be non-existent altogether.

Hi there again, thanks for the reply =)

I just tried it, it says 191 damage and I deal from 191, 197 to 202 damage. Damage tooltip says 191 damage. I was using a +40% Summon damage accessory. It's the same damage as without that accessory...

And another thing, would it be possible to make the Dragon bigger with each remaining summoning slot? Like that Stardust Dragon? Or maybe size and damage? So taking up summoning slots would make it better? So you have to make a choice, either use your summons/other summons or make the dragon stronger? Just a thought =)

Keep up the good work and thanks for the mod!

Last edited:
Hi there again, thanks for the reply =)

I just tried it, it says 191 damage and I deal from 191, 197 to 202 damage. Damage tooltip says 191 damage. I was using a +40% Summon damage accessory. It's the same damage as without that accessory...

And another thing, would it be possible to make the Dragon bigger with each remaining summoning slot? Like that Stardust Dragon? Or maybe size and damage? So taking up summoning slots would make it better? So you have to make a choice, either use your summons/other summons or make the dragon stronger? Just a thought =)

Keep up the good work and thanks for the mod!
I've actually identified the issue. It'll take a bit of rewriting to solve it as it seems the way I was doing it wasn't the most effective, but a fix is on its way. I'll make sure it ships with the rest once I get this huge update done and set up. In a nutshell, the dragon is not taking into account item buffs from other mods, just vanilla.

It should be possible to make the dragon bigger with each remaining summoning slot, yes. I'm not entirely sure of how the minion slots work since I haven't made any minions so far, but I will look into it once I get to rework Okiku's drops (including the dragon itself).

I've actually identified the issue. It'll take a bit of rewriting to solve it as it seems the way I was doing it wasn't the most effective, but a fix is on its way. I'll make sure it ships with the rest once I get this huge update done and set up. In a nutshell, the dragon is not taking into account item buffs from other mods, just vanilla.

It should be possible to make the dragon bigger with each remaining summoning slot, yes. I'm not entirely sure of how the minion slots work since I haven't made any minions so far, but I will look into it once I get to rework Okiku's drops (including the dragon itself).

Yay, thanks =) Looking forward to the new update!

I don't want to sound pushy or anything like that, but, is there a date you can tell? I don't really need an exact date, just something like "a few days", "in some weeks" or something like that? You can also tell me to "just wait" I'm fine with that too. Just a bit curious...

And again, thanks for this great mod =)

I don't want to sound pushy or anything like that, but, is there a date you can tell? I don't really need an exact date, just something like "a few days", "in some weeks" or something like that? You can also tell me to "just wait" I'm fine with that too. Just a bit curious...
It's hard to tell, I'm currently going on a nasty MP bug-hunt. A week at minimum, but more unexpected big issues might come up at any moment. The changelog for this update is growing huuuge with all the fixes and small tweaks.

It's been a while since my last post and since I wasn't even remotely able to follow through with my prediction, I think a (huge) status update is due.

Also, yes, the mod is still happening. No, I didn't just disappear as it usually happens with my spikes of activity. I plan on keeping this project up and running, now more than ever with such a huge update in my hands (and plenty of exciting future plans at hand).

Now for an actual (huge) status update.

TL/DR this update really blew out of proportion.
My initial intent was fairly simple, slightly tweak Death's AI, release thematic gears to go along with 'em. Easy and (mostly) done until everything else happened.

First of all, a spark of inspiration struck me as I've been looking through old sprites I had available but never ended up using, and I figured it would have been nice to overhaul the mod's touhou-inspired contents. This involved reworking vanity sets into functional armors with unique mechanics, enhance the function of the 'power up' item, rework the two otherwise boring and lackluster weapons. So this happened.
Well, rather, many of these happened.

I ended up overhauling function and purpose of the power ups, instead of just being plain boring materials, they now can be used raw to grant yourself an ever-useful damage bonus to all weapon classes, this costs power ups over time and can be turned on and off at will. Power ups are now the pillar mechanic of an entire unique branch of contents, vanity sets that previously only served a cosmetic purpose are now functional armor sets meant to enhance this new mechanic in various ways, while power up weapons now consume power ups as ammo and can create alternate and more powerful special effects by consuming extra power ups. More might come at a later time and there are many possibilities, but this is the experimental system I wish to first release.

Now for the biggest reason behind the huge delays.

Given power ups now serve a huge mechanical purpose, I needed a more effective and common way of gathering them. This is where the new fairies come in, spawning in different varieties depending on biome, they are by design a very common enemy with projectile-based gimmicks (no bullet hell crap, no worries) meant to provide a more challenging experience.
Now you might be telling me (or yourself, paying a scene in your head where you are actually telling me), that is one very intrusive way to fit in a new mechanic. New enemies intended to be a common occurrence can clog the spawn list, blocking other otherwise more desirable enemies from spawning, both vanilla and other modded enemies. Also, more and harder enemies with only purpose to enhance difficulty is a recipe for disaster. I hear you (but not really) and thought exactly the same, that is why I structured it in such way their spawning is conditional, easily toggleable and otherwise tries to not hinder the spawn list.
Fairies do spawn under any condition but are very rare in such circumstance. To trigger the more common and somewhat intended spawn rates you need a specific item in your inventory. Said item is crafted at a very cheap power up cost, so you will need to encounter said rare spawns before you are able to unlock the 'true' spawn rates. Simply having the item in your inventory will serve two purposes:
1) It allows fairies to spawn much more commonly, by default I tried to balance it so that one enemy out of three will likely be a fairy. This means power ups are much more common. Your first blatant incentive to withstand the increased challenge is access to more power ups, which in turn means power up gears are craftable, usable and it provides a more steady income of power ups for the previously mentioned 10% damage buff.
2) It increases global spawn rates. This in turn increases the spawn rates of fairies but also any other enemy. While fairy spawns will take a small chunk of the spawn list, enemies will overall spawn more frequently which leads to vanilla or other modded enemies to also spawn with more frequency. This is also another incentive as it makes resources which depend on enemy spawns more common.
Simply removing the item from your inventory will bring spawn rates back to normal, this includes dropping it or storing it in a chest. This means while the increased spawn rates could prove overwhelming, it is a choice completely up to the player and they can at any moment decide to opt out of said 'mode' should they not want to take the increased risk for rewards, or simply don't need enemy spawn rates to be enhanced (say, you're building your sweet 20 stories tall pixel of dirt boxes for your NPCs, wouldn't want fairies to ruin your day).

While that did take a whole lot of my development time in the past few weeks, as you might expect such a big new system requires extensive playtesting. I ran a multiplayer playthrough to test the balance of the new changes, while at it, I had the easy opportunity to improve multiplayer sync, rebalance bosses for expert mode and overall polish the mod's more outdated contents as Terraria's balance has shifted over the years (and I would rather not want to remain that one 'old fart' mod for the rest of my internet days).

Long story short, a LOT of changes happened. Things were fixed, things were rebalanced. Took me one hell of a long time.

Closer to the current day and second biggest reason behind the huge delays, even more amazing things happened that pushed the mod's changelog even further. People have contributed new and improved sprites (which will be properly credited on release), but most importantly, @Suweeka joined the mod's development team as the new ACTIVE ARTIST. And when I mean active, I mean the mod will have at least 80% less placeholders. Absolutely baffling isn't it.
What followed is improvements to older sprites, but more importantly, new and improved sprites that can finally push the mod into being more than just a glob of contents loosely inspired to different IPs, we can finally slowly move towards being our own original and independent content mod which needs no copyrighted contents to be appreciated. Of course, with Death's rework behind the corner, we felt it deserved much more than just a few tweaks.

And that last spoiler pretty much sums up what I've been doing for most of past week.

Sorry for the huge lengthy post but there's definitely a lot of time-consuming exciting things to come I couldn't easily sum up into one sentence. So I opted for about fourty instead.

Still hard to determine an estimated time until release. If you're fine with kinda estimates, soon is what I can tell you. Soon being no less than two weeks unless my development rate somehow speeds up or more comes up that I will deem worthy of including in this already huge update.

Uncalled for but very necessary huge thanks to all the people who enjoy and have enjoyed my contents over the years. You're the reason why I'm still here writing stupidly long code sheets and stupidly long forum posts while implying my humor is of any amusement to anyone.

It's been a while since my last post and since I wasn't even remotely able to follow through with my prediction, I think a (huge) status update is due.

Also, yes, the mod is still happening. No, I didn't just disappear as it usually happens with my spikes of activity. I plan on keeping this project up and running, now more than ever with such a huge update in my hands (and plenty of exciting future plans at hand).

Now for an actual (huge) status update.

TL/DR this update really blew out of proportion.
My initial intent was fairly simple, slightly tweak Death's AI, release thematic gears to go along with 'em. Easy and (mostly) done until everything else happened.

First of all, a spark of inspiration struck me as I've been looking through old sprites I had available but never ended up using, and I figured it would have been nice to overhaul the mod's touhou-inspired contents. This involved reworking vanity sets into functional armors with unique mechanics, enhance the function of the 'power up' item, rework the two otherwise boring and lackluster weapons. So this happened.
Well, rather, many of these happened.

I ended up overhauling function and purpose of the power ups, instead of just being plain boring materials, they now can be used raw to grant yourself an ever-useful damage bonus to all weapon classes, this costs power ups over time and can be turned on and off at will. Power ups are now the pillar mechanic of an entire unique branch of contents, vanity sets that previously only served a cosmetic purpose are now functional armor sets meant to enhance this new mechanic in various ways, while power up weapons now consume power ups as ammo and can create alternate and more powerful special effects by consuming extra power ups. More might come at a later time and there are many possibilities, but this is the experimental system I wish to first release.

Now for the biggest reason behind the huge delays.

Given power ups now serve a huge mechanical purpose, I needed a more effective and common way of gathering them. This is where the new fairies come in, spawning in different varieties depending on biome, they are by design a very common enemy with projectile-based gimmicks (no bullet hell crap, no worries) meant to provide a more challenging experience.
Now you might be telling me (or yourself, paying a scene in your head where you are actually telling me), that is one very intrusive way to fit in a new mechanic. New enemies intended to be a common occurrence can clog the spawn list, blocking other otherwise more desirable enemies from spawning, both vanilla and other modded enemies. Also, more and harder enemies with only purpose to enhance difficulty is a recipe for disaster. I hear you (but not really) and thought exactly the same, that is why I structured it in such way their spawning is conditional, easily toggleable and otherwise tries to not hinder the spawn list.
Fairies do spawn under any condition but are very rare in such circumstance. To trigger the more common and somewhat intended spawn rates you need a specific item in your inventory. Said item is crafted at a very cheap power up cost, so you will need to encounter said rare spawns before you are able to unlock the 'true' spawn rates. Simply having the item in your inventory will serve two purposes:
1) It allows fairies to spawn much more commonly, by default I tried to balance it so that one enemy out of three will likely be a fairy. This means power ups are much more common. Your first blatant incentive to withstand the increased challenge is access to more power ups, which in turn means power up gears are craftable, usable and it provides a more steady income of power ups for the previously mentioned 10% damage buff.
2) It increases global spawn rates. This in turn increases the spawn rates of fairies but also any other enemy. While fairy spawns will take a small chunk of the spawn list, enemies will overall spawn more frequently which leads to vanilla or other modded enemies to also spawn with more frequency. This is also another incentive as it makes resources which depend on enemy spawns more common.
Simply removing the item from your inventory will bring spawn rates back to normal, this includes dropping it or storing it in a chest. This means while the increased spawn rates could prove overwhelming, it is a choice completely up to the player and they can at any moment decide to opt out of said 'mode' should they not want to take the increased risk for rewards, or simply don't need enemy spawn rates to be enhanced (say, you're building your sweet 20 stories tall pixel of dirt boxes for your NPCs, wouldn't want fairies to ruin your day).

While that did take a whole lot of my development time in the past few weeks, as you might expect such a big new system requires extensive playtesting. I ran a multiplayer playthrough to test the balance of the new changes, while at it, I had the easy opportunity to improve multiplayer sync, rebalance bosses for expert mode and overall polish the mod's more outdated contents as Terraria's balance has shifted over the years (and I would rather not want to remain that one 'old fart' mod for the rest of my internet days).

Long story short, a LOT of changes happened. Things were fixed, things were rebalanced. Took me one hell of a long time.

Closer to the current day and second biggest reason behind the huge delays, even more amazing things happened that pushed the mod's changelog even further. People have contributed new and improved sprites (which will be properly credited on release), but most importantly, @Suweeka joined the mod's development team as the new ACTIVE ARTIST. And when I mean active, I mean the mod will have at least 80% less placeholders. Absolutely baffling isn't it.
What followed is improvements to older sprites, but more importantly, new and improved sprites that can finally push the mod into being more than just a glob of contents loosely inspired to different IPs, we can finally slowly move towards being our own original and independent content mod which needs no copyrighted contents to be appreciated. Of course, with Death's rework behind the corner, we felt it deserved much more than just a few tweaks.

And that last spoiler pretty much sums up what I've been doing for most of past week.

Sorry for the huge lengthy post but there's definitely a lot of time-consuming exciting things to come I couldn't easily sum up into one sentence. So I opted for about fourty instead.

Still hard to determine an estimated time until release. If you're fine with kinda estimates, soon is what I can tell you. Soon being no less than two weeks unless my development rate somehow speeds up or more comes up that I will deem worthy of including in this already huge update.

Uncalled for but very necessary huge thanks to all the people who enjoy and have enjoyed my contents over the years. You're the reason why I'm still here writing stupidly long code sheets and stupidly long forum posts while implying my humor is of any amusement to anyone.
Wow a wall of text has awoken but it made me really happy to see. Firstly seeing more Touhou reference(Kogasas umbrella looks cute) is really nice and cutting edge technique looks really cool (does cutting edge technique damage area counts the area between you and slice or only slice itself? ). Also rework of death is what I'm waiting for since before it only mean for me to normal enemy level and its nice to see it become cooler and most important become threat again. Its nice to see this mod become better and better. Good work. I just become more hyped.

If those pictures are any indication of whats to come I am pretty hyped.

The scythe is awesome. Charge time seems to take awhile though. How much does it drop the DPS to charge for a longer range attack with it?

(does cutting edge technique damage area counts the area between you and slice or only slice itself? )
The slice and the scythe itself deal damage, so there tends to be an 'empty' area on fully charged swings. It's like that by design as I wanted it to be a weapon about spacing.

The scythe is awesome. Charge time seems to take awhile though. How much does it drop the DPS to charge for a longer range attack with it?
It's one second of charge time, about twice as fast as most other chargeable weapons in the mod. It should in most cases actually improve DPS, since a full charge triples damage and the slice itself is a piercing projectile, therefore can hit the same target multiple times (usually hits a target twice, or up to 5 times if you move yourself so that the swing "follows" the target).

The slice and the scythe itself deal damage, so there tends to be an 'empty' area on fully charged swings. It's like that by design as I wanted it to be a weapon about spacing.

It's one second of charge time, about twice as fast as most other chargeable weapons in the mod. It should in most cases actually improve DPS, since a full charge triples damage and the slice itself is a piercing projectile, therefore can hit the same target multiple times (usually hits a target twice, or up to 5 times if you move yourself so that the swing "follows" the target).

A piercing attack?!
You've sold me.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MA MUNNY!!!

To turn that back on you, W1k, YOU'RE (and quite a few other modders on here!!!) are the reason why me, an AVID gamer come back time and time again to play this game. We joke in my home that out of all the games I play (usually always finish them, too!) the mere 10 bucks (or about that, it's been a long time) we've spent on this game has paid for itself over and over. I have thousands of hours seeped into Terraria, and it's the wonderful people like yourself that needs all the thanks and gratitude in the world. I was dx'd early in life with a life long condition, and I can't begin to tell you when I can't dance or workout due to pain, it's these games that make my life enjoyable. So- thank you SO much for the game and the updates.

Reactions: W1K
On the wiki the element of harmony is a dead link so I can't get any info on it can someone tell me what it does and how to get it
When two people near each others have it equipped, it grants them certain improved stats.

Stats being:
+2 defense
+10% move speed
+5% damage
+10% melee speed
+2% crit
-10% mana cost

It also emits particles when the effects are in place.

The crafting recipe on the wiki is still accurate except you can also use platinum in place of gold.

It works similarly to the stones (Sunstone/Moonstone, Celestial Stone) before the stones were even a thing, but it's substantially weaker and is a multiplayer-only gimmick. It might get through some changes in the future to fix said problems (likely a weaker buff very similar to Celestial stone but roughly the same when two players are nearby? maybe a new gimmick altogether?)

Back
Top Bottom