tModLoader Vibrant Reverie (formerly W1K's Mod Redux)

Sounds about right. It's much like most mods back from the tConfig days, really. I do have an active spriter nowdays and we've been going through remaking some of the sprites.
hey I don't mind, as long as the gameplay is fun I don't question sprites. (Obviously why don't think Ultraconyx is trash lol)

Yeah this mod going onto my next play-through. Hopefully nothing explodes :p

wow just realized it has been forever since i asked that question about the element of harmony speaking of which way back then u mentioned u might change it in the future is there any difference between back then and now or is it still the same

So, regarding Jeohnne Pierre the dungeon master, I think the boss list treats it still as Death, but beating it doesn't cause it to check it.

wow just realized it has been forever since i asked that question about the element of harmony speaking of which way back then u mentioned u might change it in the future is there any difference between back then and now or is it still the same
I missed this for some reason. I beg pardon.

No, not much has been done about it just yet. Partly because of my inactivity, partly because I'm still not super sure what to make of it.

So, regarding Jeohnne Pierre the dungeon master, I think the boss list treats it still as Death, but beating it doesn't cause it to check it.
Well aware something messed up internally, among other checklist oddities (such as killing one boss occasionally counting as killing a whole group of them, that's likely just failure in understanding proper saving and loading on my part). It'll likely be fixed as soon as I decide to ship the latest update.

Hello friends and maybe less friends!
I am well aware the mod is not currently on the mod browser so I might need to explain myself on that regard. The short answer is that porting is a pain and I've had a new big update in the works for a while, so I've been trying to push that one instead of going back and going through the porting process twice. The long answer is the same except it includes a lengthy explanation of my various excuses for being lazy with a few personal problems thrown in the mix. However, I am officially getting back into business and intend to remain active. Finally, to excuse myself for the long butt wait, here's a cool thing.

Sorry for the double post but this is a meaningful double post.

W1K's Mod Redux, or by the name it will be known from now on, Vibrant Reverie has been updated to 1.2!

Long story short, Ivy Plant has been reworked into a whole new boss, while Yian Kut-Ku was removed for the time being and was replaced by a brand new desert boss!
From now on forward, I am attempting to shift the focus of the mod to including new and fantastical creatures, bosses and what not, and interesting means of hunting and interracting with them while reworking old and outdated content to something new and polished. AI coding and NPCs have always been what I have enjoyed working on the most and I am merely officializing this as being the prime focus of the mod.
Anyway, here's the lengthy changelog!
- Earth Rabbits: New rare surface jungle enemy affected by the Suspicious Umbrella.
- Granite Replicant: Refluffed Metroid Larvae, Granite Replicants now roam granite biomes in search of living beings to turn to Granite Golems.
- Antlion King: New pre-EoC desert boss designed to replace Kut-Ku, now acting as the first boss of the mod and bringing its unique set of weapons and armor. A new “””NPC””” spawning on the surface desert will allow you to summon it.
- This does however mean Kut-Ku is no longer accessible for the time being as I deem it a grossly outdated and underdeveloped boss. It might be back at a later time.
- Rancid Rafflesia: The new and reworked Ivy Plant brings decay to the jungle, accompanied by its army of Putrid Flies.
- Rumia, Earth Rabbits and all types of Fairies now drop their respective banners. Blessed Fairies now rarely drop Light Shards. Cursed Fairies now rarely drop Dark Shards. Hell Fairies now very rarely drop Plumber's Hat (same chance as Imps).
- All bosses (except for the Phoenixes, Ridley and Okiku) now drop one weapon/accessory from their set, material drops were slightly lowered to compensate.
- Knockback resistance of Sluggers, Fairies and Ice Fairies adjusted so that they don't get knocked into orbit every time (they are still more susceptible to knockback than the average zombie).
- Fairies' defense reduced from 10 to 6 and physical damage reduced from 14 to 12. They were a tad bit too persistent.
- Sluggers baseballs should now correctly damage players in multiplayer. That one went past my single brain cell.
- Vampire Phantoms now only shoot the targeted player when in line of sight. When you get a blood moon on the second day you really just want some privacy.
- Reduced spawn chances of Zombie Fairies and Hell Fairies. Increased drop chances to compensate.
- Hell Fairies now correctly stop channeling their beam when damaged or killed. Because.
- Drop chance of Replicant Tentacles (from Granite Replicants) changed from 50% to 100% (and chance for an extra drop in expert mode).
- All hardmode bosses (Rathalos, Ridley, Okiku and Dungeon Master) now drop Greater Healing Potions on death, as it should have always been.
- Lowered velocity of dashes during all phoenixes "melee" phases by 20%. Increased speed when enraged outside of their respective biomes instead by 20%.
- Restored piece of unused code for Ardorix related to projectile fire rate, speed and rotation rate of the flamethrower attack while outside of the underworld biome.
- Restored piece of unused code for Aquatix related to projectile fire rate outside of the ocean biome. Changed and reduced intensity of dust particles to improve visibility (again).
- Reduced size of Arborix's explosions during reborn phase by 25%, restored piece of unused code related to projectile fire rate outside of the underground jungle biome.
- Changed Blessed and Cursed Fairy's coin drops from 1s to 5s.
- Dungeon Master's spell names should now reliably sync in multiplayer (unless you have mars levels of latency). Turns out he was fudging his rolls. Also, the magic circle should now properly disappear after DM's death in multiplayer.

- Silver Slingshot and Tungsten Slingshot: Basic ore-tier slingshot and stepping stone between Wooden and better slingshots.
- Seiche, Flowing Pebbles and Dungeon Gel: Dungeon Gel is a new crafting material dropped from, you guessed it, dungeon slimes. It is used to craft a new dungeon-tiered slingshot and pebbles.
- Vile Ring: Very early game poison-buffing accessory crafted from corrupted powder and corrupted wood.
- Elemental Storm: Reworked Elemental Piercer, changed to fit the theme of the other Phoenix weapons.
- Naegling: Reworked Galaxia, now a sparkling needle-shooting hallowed sword.
- Holo Armor: New martian-tiered ranged armor crafted from martian plating, acting as a more mobile counterpart to the shroomite set.
- All chargeable weapons now beep when fully charged.
- Slightly modified Power Ups tooltip to imply their buff is toggleable.
- Adjusted speed of the third extra pebble of the fully charged Wooden Slingshot to be 125% the main projectile's speed rather than 50%. Dust effects adjusted to only show one orb per extra pebble for clarity. Adjusted item rarity to match its tier.
- All pebbles now emit appropriate sound and dust on contact with surfaces.
- Granite Pebbles' armor penetration increased to 40% from 25%, projectile now deals +1 damage on hit.
- Slimeshot damage increased from 13 to 15. Fixed absurdly low sell value. Changed charging particles to not be water because that was weird.
- Bouncy Pebbles no longer trigger iframes on hit enemies because it makes more sense that way.
- Sandman’s recharge sound and FX now match the vanilla Enchanted Sword, crafting recipe now requires 50 sand instead of 100 because where the hell were you supposed to fit all that stuff.
- Youkai Repellent Charm no longer has a 66% chance to not consume ammo, and it now has 50% chance to not consume any with the Youkai Hunter set instead of making the weapon infinite. We sort of don’t want another Space Gun situation..
- Increased Hunting Rifle's damage from 60 to 70 and knockback from a wee 1 to 6. We figured a sniper rifle shouldn't be hitting like a pebble.
- Decreased The Chopper's damage from 6 to 5 and knockback from 1 to 0. Minishark is a pretty ok weapon once again.
- Restored and adjusted missing magic damage buffs for the Power Suit set, buffed armor and magic damage values to match the Meteorite set. The set bonus’ rockets now have area of effect and travel faster.
- Increased speed of Power Beam’s projectiles.
- Reworked Sonic Broadsword to shoot on alt-fire, the projectile now only recharges when the sword is not being swung, sound and FX signal the recharge, the projectile now lasts shorter and its damage more properly scales with traveltime (ranging from 150% sword damage at point blank to 25%). Sprites were also overhauled to fit meteorite’s aesthetic.
- Cursed Flower now requires 5 Jungle Spores to craft instead of 10.
- Belladonna, Caladium, Datura, Ivy Roots (now Rafflesia Roots) and Passiflora armor have had their sprites completely reworked.
- Floral Ring now increases the damage of Poisoned and Venom rather than inflicting direct damage against poisoned enemies. It was making the phoenixes extra mad.
- Increased value of the phoenixes crests from 2 gold to 25 gold (they now sell for 5 gold each instead of 40 silver)
- Phoenix Breath’s orbs tile collisions have been loosened up a bit, the swirl now shrinks in size to fit in smaller spaces. Changed use sound, also reduced size and increased rate of particles so it looks a bit less ridiculous. Overall should feel a lot more usable.
- Magi Musket sprite has been reworked and sounds changed. Again.
- Okiku Doll's Shadow Dragon morph has been completely reworked into a projectile, based on the stardust dragon's AI! It is MP functional and now 100% lag-free, BUT very visually unstable. I did my best. Dyes also work now.
- Death Scythe has had the duration of its hitboxes extended. It now consistently hits twice at no charge on still enemies. This caused the scythe’s DPS to be severely hampered unless charged for at least a split second. Also the effect’s size has been fixed because idk how that happened.
- Shadow Weapon now shoots faster, bigger projectiles. It now pierces further when charged.
- Soma and Saucer Dicer recipes modified to only require 50 martian platings (instead of 300).
- Graviton Controller's damage lowered from 230 to 120 cuz I really messed that one up, sell value increased from 6g to 10g for consistency, it will now teleport to the player when they move too far out of reach, sprite now turns to face the same direction as the player. Sprites and dust particles now change color depending on the dye equipped in the pet dye slot.

- Fixed various NPCs spawning during the Old One Army event because fairies gotta intrude on everything that's fun.
- Fixed Slimeshot’s charge attack creating extra pebbles in multiplayer.
- Fixed absurdly low sell value for Barbedshot.
- Fixed unreasonably high value of Youkai Repellent Charms (sell value lowered from 40s to 7s).
- Fixed Youkai Repellent Charm's projectiles being unable to crit.
- Fixed Youkai Repellent Charm's special attack occasionally triggering cooldown on alt use but not shooting the special projectie, adjusted the proejctile's initial speed to improve its trajectory.
- Fixed multiplayer sync for the Sonic Broadsword's projectile (mostly) and fixed the bouncing off of platforms.
- Fixed Passiflora's set bonus triggering when hitting an enemy with low enough HP without actually killing it.
- Fixed Passiflora's miasma being considered melee for the sake of visual particles (Magma stone shouldn't create flaming miasma anymore).
- Fixed Elemental Chakram bouncing off of platforms and being unable to throw when multiple people were using the same weapon in multiplayer.
- Fixed Blessed and Cursed Fairies projectiles not cancelling on the fairy's death.
- Fixed Warlock Pants rarity to be consistent with the rest of the set.
- Fixed Dread's very low sell value and adjusted Shadow Weapon's sell value to be more in line with Death Scythe.
- Fixed Graviton Controller's Explosive Darts not being considered ranged for the sake of critical bonuses and other projectile-related bonuses.

- Updated Boss Checklist support to the latest version.
- Fixed killing Aquatix and subsequent multiplayer syncing causing nearly all bosses to be counted as defeated. This was only really causing issues for the checklist however.
- Added support for W1K’s Weapon Scaling mod.

The mod has already been updated on the in-game browser. It will be updated on the thread in the following minutes.

As always, enjoy the mod! Lemme know of any issues!

On a different note, you might have noticed I have released a new project, or you might have noticed it was mentioned in the changelog. W1K's Weapon Scaling! Check it out if you wish!
Furthermore, now that I am back in business proper, I am once again taking coding commissions for whoever might want some personalized goodies made for themselves. Alternatively, I have a Ko-Fi page should you wish to donate to my noble cause of summoning codes from the aether! I got no job and any bit helps!

Last edited:
glad to see this mod receiving a cleanup content-wise, will you be gearing up for 1.4 tmodloader by chance?

glad to see this mod receiving a cleanup content-wise, will you be gearing up for 1.4 tmodloader by chance?
Initial plan was to wait for 1.4 before shipping the updated mod but lets just say I got impatient. Mod'll be ported to 1.4 when the time comes and maybe we'll have even more cleanup done by then.

Also taking the chance to mention that github derped on me and the browser download of the mod was broken for a while. I fixed it about a day ago. I also finally updated the direct download links on the thread.

Vibrant Reverie 1.2.1 released! Introducing the first tier of burn DoT buffing accessory along with a new fire-based early-game weapon. Also a bunch of boss rebalancing and fixed some fairly major bugs that somehow went unnoticed.

Vibrant Reverie 1.2.1 changelog
  • Fire Ring: New early-game accessory increasing the damage of burn-based debuffs based on how low the enemy’s health is. Made from a lava bucket and gel at an anvil.
  • Wooden Fan: New early-game melee weapon with very short reach and high attack speed. Can be upgraded into a Fan of Flames.
  • Fan of Flames: New early-game melee weapon with very short reach and high attack speed. Applies fire on hit and shoots weak waves of piercing burning flames which apply fire.

• Heavily tweaked Ardorix’s rebirth attack pattern to be generally more difficult. They will now slowly move sideways to follow the player and will shoot two extra beams of fire to prevent the player from moving too far. Ardorix will also no longer immediately charge after the pattern to avoid unavoidable damage.
  • Increased Ardorix’s flamethrower projectile damage from 50 to 60.
  • Increased Arborix’s projectile damage from 30 to 40.
  • Substantially increased Arborix’s speed during his rebirth pattern while outside of the underground jungle. You better have kept some distance.
  • The dust particles predicting the Cursed Fairy’s Dark Ray have been made more visible.
  • Dungeon Master’s damage values have been severely increased:
    • Scythe damage increased from 66 (99 expert) to 99 (133 expert).
    • Bladed Dash projectiles damage increased from 66 (88 expert) to 88 (120 expert).
    • Magic Missiles damage increased from 66 (88 expert) to 88 (120 expert).
    • Meteor Swarm damage increased from 66 (88 expert) to 98 (132 expert).
    • Burning Hands damage increased from 66 (88 expert) to 88 (120 expert).
    • Clashing Rocks damage increased from 66 (88 expert) to 98 (132 expert).
    • Cloudkill damage increased from 66 (88 expert) to 98 (132 expert)
    • Aggressive Thundercloud damage increased from 66 (88 expert) to 98 (132 expert)
    • Disintegrate damage increased from 66 (88 expert) to 88 (120 expert)
  • Dungeon Master’s Disintegrate particles are a bit more visible.

• Fixed the Cursed Flower not spawning Rancid Rafflesia.
  • Fixed Ardorix and Arborix not doubling their contact damage in expert mode.
  • The lines of dust predicting the trajectories of the Cursed Fairy’s Dark Ray, the Hell Fairy’s Hell Ray, Dungeon Master’s Disintegrate and Meteor Swarm, along with Dungeon Master’s Scythe swinging sound, are no longer tied to the world’s time. Mods freezing the time of day (such as HERO’s mod) were causing these to stop functioning.

• Fixed Rathalos gears no longer being craftable due to requiring now unobtainable Kut Ku gears. This caused the Rathalos armor set to be completely unobtainable.
  • Fixed The Mandible, Red Wing and Death Scythe’s charge mechanics breaking with melee speed bonuses. Red Wing was also updated to function like The Mandible.
  • Paper now has a new sprite.

As usual update is on the browser or can be downloaded from here. Feel free to join our discord for feedback, updates and the occasional tease! Or just post memes. That's fine too.

Last edited:
Whoops fellas quick hotfix.

Vibrant Reverie 1.2.1.2 aka I fixed the damn chargeable swords again
  • Fixed chargeable weapons breaking with very specific melee speed values. This caused Death’s Scythe to softlock the player at times. Hopefully the chargeable swords decide to stop breaking for good.
  • Fixed The Mandible (and supposedly Red Wing) spamming their charge attack swing sound at very specific charge values.
  • Fixed Red Wing playing the swing sound when initiating the weapon’s charge, causing the sound to effectively play twice.

you know where to find it

so how well does this work in Multiplayer cause im ready to do a check soon enough^^
I try to keep things at least mechanically working proper in multiplayer. Some of the latest content might look a bit wonky but most things should be working fine.

apparently your recent version is causing worlds to "Fail to load" when the mod is enabled.
Most recent tMod version I assume? I've been having a similar issue occasionally and it tends to fix itself by restarting Terraria before loading a world. Wasn't sure whether it was my mod specifically or if it has to do with any weird mod compatibility issues. I'll run some tests to see if I can find the culprit, try loading the world on a fresh restart of tMod and let me know whether the issue persists.

EDIT: also lemme know what other mods you're using perhaps to see if I can figure out which one we might be conflicting with

EDIT2: yeah I think I got it covered hopefully

Last edited:
Hello yes sorry for the double post please don't ban

Vibrant Reverie 1.2.1.4 aka the beams and the ufo look cooler now also might no longer occasionally prevent worlds loading
  • Power Beam now has 50% chance to apply brief fire on hit.
  • Plasma Beam’s damage has been reduced from 64 to 60, now applies cursed inferno on hit and travels much farther. Use sound has also been changed
  • Power Beam’s and Plasma Beam’s projectiles have had their sprites updated and underwent major visual overhaul.
  • Saucer Dicer’s UFO sprite has been updated with a brand new animated sprite that looks like an actual UFO for once.
  • Potential fix for a bug preventing worlds from loading when switching between worlds of different sizes. Should also come with a slight reduction in memory size whenever a world is loaded.

when fighting ridley in multiplayer....the music played its theme but apparently after a bit the music completely stopped working for everything.
the volume set all the way down to 0% for music

Reactions: W1K
when fighting ridley in multiplayer....the music played its theme but apparently after a bit the music completely stopped working for everything.
the volume set all the way down to 0% for music
Just pushed a hotfix to cover that. Apparently tModLoader doesn't like .wav files for music and I was totally unaware since this used to work just fine in old APIs. Live and learn I suppose.

another issue is that their seems to be lag issues when "Arborix" uses its vine attacks slowing down the frame rate. I'm also not a fan that the boss becomes "intangable" especially for melee classes cause this means if i'm close and i hit it its impossible to kill which makes this boss exclusively ranged only and this also goes for the water and fire variant as well.

soo apparently their is a damage check that if you do more damage then your expecting then it does this...this can be pretty problematic especially when a player is using mods that uses weapons with more damage then what is expected of vanilla.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom