tAPI W1K's Prime Needs - Prime Needs for your Primary Needs

I don't exactly know how Tremor mod is structured on that regard, but I'd say they'll most likely both work independently (and I don't believe you'd want to have two different hunger systems running independently from each others). I don't know whether you can disable Tremor mod's hunger system, but once I'm done with thirst, I'll make it so you can disable the individual features from this one, so you could possibly have the thirst from this mod, then hunger from Tremor (altho again, they will not have any way of knowing each others exist and will work independently, but at least they will not cover the same feature).
I'll point this out however, if @zadum4ivii wishes to, I'd be perfectly fine with trying to work a way around it to reduce conflicts or ensure cross compatibility, this mod was made with the purpose of being a core system other modders can hook to.
Yeah, you can disable Hunger System in Tremor Mod.

Reactions: W1K
Well then. I'll just take a look into the files of tremor and alert you as to which file would have the ability to be removed in order to remove the option of being a weird mutagen version of The Doctor... I wanted to make that joke... I'm sorry...

Pushing in version 1.0.1, now with more water.

Changelog

00d43c6f7a.png
  • New Features
    • THIRST.
      • New thirst mechanic, the player will now get thirsty after a certain time spent being active (similarly to hunger).
      • Bottled Water has been renamed to Bottled Water (Dirty). Drinking such water has a 25% chance to cause poisoning for 2 minutes.
      • Dirty Bottled Water can be purified by boiling it at a campfire or furnace (through crafting). Clean water hydrates more and has no chance of poisoning.
      • It is possible to drink straight from a natural water source by pressing the Y key. This counts as drinking from a dirty water bottle and incurs in the same penalties.
      • When BOTH hunger and thirst are above 80, the player will receive Well Fed buff. When EITHER hunger or thirst are below 20, the player will receive Weak debuff.
    • Mod Settings
      • Hunger and Thirst can now be enabled/disabled. All features exclusively added by each will be disabled along.
      • The rate of depletion of the hunger and thirst bar can also be adjusted.
  • Internal
    • Renamed internal name from W1KMMPN to W1KPN. This isn’t quite a “Mini Mod” anymore.
  • Interface
    • Compacted and adjusted to fit in new Thirst bar. New Thirst interface icon by darthmorf.
    • The number shown by the hunger bar is now rounded up. This means the number will not instantly go down to 99 when fully satiated and moving, also, starvation will instantly act as soon as the value reaches 0.
  • Bugfix
    • Fixed rather critical bug causing hunger to not save/load properly. Possibly affected more than just that.
    • Fixed bug causing Well Fed to grant 10% ranged damage and 0% magic damage instead of the intended 5% damage each (this was meant to be a fix for the bug prior to 1.2.4 which caused Well Fed to grant 10% magic damage and no ranged damage, but it conflicted with the official fix released along with 1.2.4).
    • Removed Goldfishes and Glowing Mushrooms from the usable foods list as they work differently since 1.2.
I have also updated the example file to give examples on how to integrate custom drinks.

Next on the to-do list should be temperature. Brb updating main thread.

EDIT: Main thread updated.
Also expect a lot of balancing in the upcoming updates. Dealing with these mechanics as of now is more of a bother than a challenge.

Last edited:
Hey @W1K! I can suggest you to use the Distiller from my mod to purify dirty water. If you want to use it just tell me and I'll give you item and tile codes to you!
kBwlOUy.gif

Reactions: W1K
Hey @W1K! I can suggest you to use the Distiller from my mod to purify dirty water. If you want to use it just tell me and I'll give you item and tile codes to you!
kBwlOUy.gif
That would be helpful, considering I need a way to balance out thirst as right now it's essentially place a furnace and boil water.

:naughty: one of the pousing effects should be you getting the stink effect and made mobs confused and you would make the whoopie chusion sound everywhere (Dhiarria);)

Back
Top Bottom