tAPI W1K's Sizable Variety Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
52AC2B9F233F6B15A853B330851239CB3627970E

Why is your house full of witches?

Wow! Only just realised what this was! Almost forgot about it. Glad to see its back!

Also, how the :red: did you manage to do the pets????

Wow! Only just realised what this was! Almost forgot about it. Glad to see its back!

Also, how the :red: did you manage to do the pets????
You mean the actual pets I ported or the combat pets I made back in tConfig that I decided not to port?

In both cases, knowing how the system works and creativity is how I roll, or pretty much how most programmers work. Specifically for the pets, considering my fair knowledge and long practice coding AIs, it was easy to make an NPC that simply follows a targeted player around based on the buffs they have. I technically made my own pet system based on how the vanilla pets work, vanilla pet being the bunny as that's all we had back in 1.1, same for the combat pets, however considering minions didn't exist in 1.1, I did make my own unique accessories based pet system with colored pets based on the player and growing up/lvling based on the time spent with it equipped, but since minions made them redundant, I just decided to not port them over.

You mean the actual pets I ported or the combat pets I made back in tConfig that I decided not to port?

In both cases, knowing how the system works and creativity is how I roll, or pretty much how most programmers work. Specifically for the pets, considering my fair knowledge and long practice coding AIs, it was easy to make an NPC that simply follows a targeted player around based on the buffs they have. I technically made my own pet system based on how the vanilla pets work, vanilla pet being the bunny as that's all we had back in 1.1, same for the combat pets, however considering minions didn't exist in 1.1, I did make my own unique accessories based pet system with colored pets based on the player and growing up/lvling based on the time spent with it equipped, but since minions made them redundant, I just decided to not port them over.
Would it be too much to ask if you could help me make some pets?

Thanks!

I got this message just now:

>>> 03:17:21 <<<
TAPI.Mods+LoadException: W1KSizableVarietyPack.tapi: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.WmpProxyThread.RunInRightApartment(WmpProxyFunction proxyFunction)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.UnsafeNativeMethods.DecodeStreamToTexture(Void* pDevice, UInt32 stream, Int32* targetWidth, Int32* targetHeight, XnaImageOperation operation, Int32 maxAspectRatio, Void** pTexture)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream, Int32 width, Int32 height, XnaImageOperation operation)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.FromStream(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream)
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mod.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

I got this message just now:

>>> 03:17:21 <<<
TAPI.Mods+LoadException: W1KSizableVarietyPack.tapi: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.WmpProxyThread.RunInRightApartment(WmpProxyFunction proxyFunction)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.UnsafeNativeMethods.DecodeStreamToTexture(Void* pDevice, UInt32 stream, Int32* targetWidth, Int32* targetHeight, XnaImageOperation operation, Int32 maxAspectRatio, Void** pTexture)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream, Int32 width, Int32 height, XnaImageOperation operation)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.FromStream(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Stream stream)
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mod.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
When did that come up?

The mods were loading up on start and then the message appeared.
Errors regarding random mods can occasionally come up when a TAPI component fails. Does it happen every time you try to load it or did it only happen once?

Errors regarding random mods can occasionally come up when a TAPI component fails. Does it happen every time you try to load it or did it only happen once?
Only happened once so far. I'll let you know if it comes up again.

Just pushed a new small update, mostly to recompile both the content pack and the difficulty changer to TAPI r15.
Alongside such, I also uploaded a new Rathalos resprite made by Ghoul (who also made the new Rathalos weapons resprites).
I'll avoid making a new changelog for such, so I'll add the new Rathalos resprite to the previous changelog.
Don't forget to update your TAPI to r15.

Regarding r15, there have been a few improvements regarding multiplayer syncing. This might and might not fix some of the syncing issues, might and might not break more stuffs. Let me know if there are any issues.
Regarding difficulty changer not working on multiplayer, this update might potentially fix it as there have been some fixes regarding mods options and difficulty changer so happens to be a heavily options dependent mod.

Fast update on stuffs happening.

Some people might remember my old Hunger Mod minimod, which added hunger into the game and had support for external mods to add their own food items. I have ported it to TAPI, changed its compatibility mechanics a bit (however due to TAPI working differently, for now it shows a tiny bit more limitations). I have added a mention to it in this thread's main post as this is essentially my "master thread". The actual thread regarding the mod can be found here.

Pushing out a not-so-fast update about Difficulty Changer.

Changelog 1.0.1
- Instead of directly affecting spawned NPC stats, the system will now affect their default stats. This should potentially fix most multiplayer desync issues.
- Added two new bool settings. It's now possible to decide whether to let the system affect bosses and/or normal enemies.

I would love to play this mod, but sadly, it wont work for me. The mod shows up as a .RAR file instead of a normal .Tapi file and whel i put it into the sources file and load up Tapi, the mod doesn't show up. Hopefully someone can find a solution to my problem here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom