tAPI W1K's Sizable Variety Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed this mod last night, and I spawned with a terra blade, golden shower, magnet sphere, rod of discord, bundle of balloons, pixie wings, S.D.M.G., vamp knives, and a few other end game items. I'm assuming this is for testing purposes and not a massive bug?

I just installed this mod last night, and I spawned with a terra blade, golden shower, magnet sphere, rod of discord, bundle of balloons, pixie wings, S.D.M.G., vamp knives, and a few other end game items. I'm assuming this is for testing purposes and not a massive bug?
Isn't this related to Shockah's FCM?

Can't wait to try out this mod W1K. Your work is astounding.

Reactions: W1K
Nope, it is indeed my fault. It is one of my hobbies to accidentally keep debug scripts in, or at least that's something that used to happen a lot back in tConfig. Either way, I uploaded an updated version (which has the same name as the previous version so don't worry bout that), I moved the debug scripts away from the main modpack AND the Magi Musket's rework is included (which might be balanced or not). For who missed the gifs on my profile:
043fb769ae.gif
7e504ded97.gif

Double posts hurt my poor little baby mind but it's my mighty need to post updates.

So yeah, remember when I said porting bosses was gonna be serious business? Of course not. It was in the previous post, which is a few pixels above, but nobody ever looks up.
Turns out I lied. As of I didn't know I actually did. I did for the two bosses I just ported, but the few remaining ones are gonna be a bigdealnojoke, which if you have not guessed yet, means they are one step above being a big deal.

Either way, the useless Ivy Plant and Jungix (or should I say, Arborix, with its shiny new name) have been ported. Both got some pretty nice changes worth mentioning, especially since Ivy Plant is not that one boss I made as an experiment and then kept it as a trash placeholder because I was too bored too busy to make anything better.

Let's speak about Arborix for a second tho, as change is not so radical as Ivy Plant. (don't mind the name in the screenshot as it was not renamed yet when I took it)
9FDB6503DD0ACDBAB99C3E448850FC9423737BC5
It still acts like every other Phoenix, it will act similiarly to Rathalos (stay a certain distance above the player while shooting projectiles at it, switch to a "rush in" pattern, go back to shooting, so on) with the only difference of it having a panic mechanic when too much damage is received (when a certain DPS is hit, they will turn ethereal, healing part of damage, then they will reborn into their normal form). Of course, while Ardorix (I also renamed Firax into Ardorix) will basically breath fire straight to the player, Arborix will shoot projectiles that will stick to every surface they hit and explode into thorns. It used to shoot 3 projectiles in 3 different directions which turned into thorns spreading upward, now it only shoots one projectile going straight to the player exploding into an huge 3 ways thorn spreading all around the area in a mugh bigger spread. This is basically the only difference.

Up to Ivy Plant.
E8B40B528DDC5FFE56BD0662ABC30CC312F8346C
Ivy Plant was my "stationary boss" experiment going wrong. It was left dying, waiting for people to try and grind it for Ivy Root, occasionally ambushing unaware targets in the hardmode Underground Jungle. Nothing changed pretty much, except now Ivy Plant is not a boring :red: anymore. It's a mildly interesting :red:.
Ivy Plant stands on place, spawning No Good Flies (def not an earthbound reference) to harass the player. It does also spawn exactly on the player's location, while being half transparent, so to give the player a chance to relocate. It deals terrifying melee damage but cannot move otherwise. It used to shot Poisonous Gas towards any player harming it (to prevent people to camp next to it with their swords, which have a big reach, which means you can kill flies and damage the plant each swing), to note, Poisonous Gas used to act like Demon Scythes, starting slow, speeding up incredibly after a few seconds.
Now what changed, it's quite a ton of stuffs.
Ivy Plant will follow the same behaviors, except it will not shoot Poisonous Gas towards harming players anymore. Instead, it will shot a barrage of Poisonous Gas with a random spread in rapid succession after specific delays. Poisonous Gas does not act like Demon Scythes anymore, instead it is now a projectile that starts at full speed, fairly small and completelly visible, becoming bigger, less visible and slower over time, until disappearing completelly. It can now also fade out, teleport on the nearest player and fade back in to try and deal melee damage and overall make the fight more dynamic and less stationary, however, it cannot damage the player nor it can be damaged back during its fading animation, but will still deal full damage and be able to be damaged back as soon as it becomes visible again.

That's all.

Other changes to point out, Magi Musket does not limit Muskets to an amount minor than 20 anymore as it was for whatever stupid reason also counting non-existing projectiles as active projectiles if you are a coder and this makes any sense to you. Another thing, Death does not spawn during Blood Moons anymore, no more suddenly Death spawning naturally on Hardmode start, it does now spawn during Solar Eclipses instead.

As usual, I updated the main post with the new version. I renamed the file back to its first name, as avoiding to constantly change the filename allows me for easier updating.

Also yes, the few last bosses will be real pain. Maybe not Aquatix, but Okiku being a 3 phases boss with multiple NPCs and Nightmare being a multi-hitboxes boss, they'll definitelly take more than usual. Tho with the right motivation, the whole port should be done in less than a week. So yey.

Also, I decided to not port Zoodle's NPC, because it was meant to be a way to advertise his modpack, which is not a thing anymore. Zoodle's still awesome regardless, I mean, a great part of my mod's sprites are his own making anyway.

Last edited:
Mod updated, once again.

This time, we got 2 of the last 3 bosses, Nightmare and Aquatix.

Let's speak about Aquatix first, as it got the least to say about it.
7F25226D6E7084D5F8E9B828EBA3D50829697603
Like the other phoenixes, it will go godmode for a few seconds when too much dps is dealt and will follow the same behaviors. What changes, like Arborix and Ardorix, are only the projectiles. However, they are slightly different from the other phoenixes. Rather than having projectiles that expand as a tree root (Ardorix's fire breath and Arborix's miracle seed), it will shoot a different kind of projecitles, which are 3 water orbs that will track down the closest player to them and change their trajectory a max of 3 times before disappearing. Aquatix is fought in a much larger area compared to the other phoenixes (the Ocean), so they do have much more space for dodge, this will however force the player on paying attention to the location of all three the orbs before focusing on attacking the phoenix as soon as it starts charging forth.

With this, all the phoenixes are done and the full Phoenix Set is now craftable from their drops. The Phoenix set has also been recently tweaked.
The Phoenix Set, differently from the old Reborn mod, is not a hardmode 3 helmets set with major focus on stats. Instead, it is a pre-hardmode single helmet set (all the phoenixes can be fought pre-hardmode), its stats focus entirelly on defense and its the highest defense set available pre-hardmode, but a full set also grants a special ability, in fact the set will explode as soon as any damage is received from any source and it will deal damage to the NPCs in close reach. The tweak consists in the damage the explosion deals, instead of being a fixed number, the damage dealt equals exactly to the player's total defense. With such tweak, the set is now much more useful in hardmode and gains even more usefulness the more the player's defense is boosted by accessories and buffs (note, this will also slow you down if the movement speed bonus tweak is enabled).

Off to Nightmare
2E26657782AA36677FC6E3AB944BE983A9BCA7CD
Nightmare was an experiment, what would happen if a Terraria boss had multiple hitboxes and weak points. I did all I could to make it resemble Metroid Fusion's Nightmare as much as possible and the result was greatly satisfying.

Gravity will be halved through the whole fight, as Nightmare has control over the gravity of anyone close enough to it.

Overall, it will try to stay on the player's right side, a certain distance above it.
It has 2 attacks, each with up to 4 different variations.
The first attack consists of it shooting lasers at different heights straight to its left side.
The second attack consists of it shooting a barrage of gravity orbs that track down the closest player. The orbs have tiny HP and can be shot to be destroyed.
The first variation consists of it standing relativelly at the same height compared to the player, while standing on its right as usual.
The second variation consists of it charging towards the player ad relativelly slow speed, while still shooting one of the two projectile types mentioned.
The third variation consists of it constantly switching the gravity's direction, forcing the player to constantly fly vertically, switching between each verse on a timer.
The fourth variation consists of it creating a black hole, sucking any close player inside or relativelly close to it (the farest the player, the stronger the pull, so to allow for easier movement for whoever is inside it). During this variation, it will only shot gravity orbs, as lasers can be unavoidable, but orbs can still be shot down.

Along with controlling gravity, it has 4 different hitboxes covering its whole body. Hitboxes being its left side, its right side + body, its head and its gravity control device attacked right between its "arms". It is immune to any sort of damage from any hitbox that is not its current weakpoint (Nightmare will only receive 1 damage from it).
At first, its weakpoint is the gravity device between its arms. It is the only hitbox which can receive damage. During its first phase, Nightmare's relativelly slow speed will allow for easily standing straight below it to shoot the hitbox.
After about half of its HP has been depleted (when lower than 8000 hp), the gravity control device will explode, exposing its face, in which point the weakpoint will become its head. In this phase, it cycles through attacks at a much faster pace, shoots more projectiles and faster and will move much much faster than before during attack patterns, but due to its gravity controls malfunctioning, it will have next to no control over its own speed during its standby moments.

With Nightmare done, X Remnants can be obtained, when mixed with Gravity Crystals dropped by Ridley, both the Gravity Suit and Fusion Suit upgrades are available to be crafted.

A few changes to point out, Magi Musket's appearance has been slightly tweaked, as muskets will now stay on screen for a second before disappearing, there muskets do now however count toward the muskets on screen limit and as soon as a musket shoots, new muskets can be spawned without any sort of limitation. Arborix's initial shot has been tweaked to not collide with tiles as soon as it spawns, but colliding as soon as it reaches a spot with no tiles, so to avoid for them to explode if Arborix shots them when completelly surrounded by tiles. Ardorix's fire trails have been slightly slown down to allow for easier dodging, but the trails have been made slightly longer to counterbalance (they will reach about the same length, just more slowly).

With this, only one boss is left to port and all the contents minus Okiku's Doll and vanity set (Cronshade's town npc for the two vanity items she sells being part of this list too) are now available. This means this will be most likelly the last update before the mod goes for release as a full port. It does not mean anything special, other for the fact the mod will go to the Released section instead of being a WIP and from that moment on I will focus on new contents and tweaking of the already existing ones rather than full time contents porting.

I would like to say that I am a huge fan of your mods, especially the Metroid and Monster Hunter mods because I love those series, can't wait for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate!

When you will finish porting the mod, will you also release a version without the movement penalty?
Doubt I'll release multiple versions as from past experience they are annoying to manage, either way, you can already toggle the movememt speed overhaul from the mods menu (selecting my mod should bring up a mod options menu on the left).

Doubt I'll release multiple versions as from past experience they are annoying to manage, either way, you can already toggle the movememt speed overhaul from the mods menu (selecting my mod should bring up a mod options menu on the left).
Thanks for the reply. I also spawned Aquatix with a cheat menu, and when i killed him i got this error:
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No key "W1K:AquatixGore1" found
at TAPI.WrapperDictionary`2.get_Item( key)
at Terraria.Gore.NewGore(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2 Position, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2 Velocity, System.String name, System.Single Scale = 1, System.Int32 overrideType = -1)
at W1K.NPCs.Aquatix.PostNPCLoot()
at TAPI.Hooks.Call(System.Action[] ts)
at Terraria.NPC.NPCLoot()
at Terraria.NPC.checkDead()
at Terraria.NPC.StrikeNPC(System.Int32 Damage, System.Single knockBack, System.Int32 hitDirection, System.Boolean crit = False, System.Boolean noEffect = False, System.Single critMult = 2)
at Terraria.Projectile.Damage()
at Terraria.Projectile.Update(System.Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)

Reactions: W1K
Thanks for the reply. I also spawned Aquatix with a cheat menu, and when i killed him i got this error:
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No key "W1K:AquatixGore1" found
at TAPI.WrapperDictionary`2.get_Item( key)
at Terraria.Gore.NewGore(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2 Position, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2 Velocity, System.String name, System.Single Scale = 1, System.Int32 overrideType = -1)
at W1K.NPCs.Aquatix.PostNPCLoot()
at TAPI.Hooks.Call(System.Action[] ts)
at Terraria.NPC.NPCLoot()
at Terraria.NPC.checkDead()
at Terraria.NPC.StrikeNPC(System.Int32 Damage, System.Single knockBack, System.Int32 hitDirection, System.Boolean crit = False, System.Boolean noEffect = False, System.Single critMult = 2)
at Terraria.Projectile.Damage()
at Terraria.Projectile.Update(System.Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)
Someho I forgot to port over the gores along, although I though I actually did. I've just fixed it and updated the download link.

You can either use it as a tile, break it to turn it into a vanity set (which can then be crafted again into a doll if you have all three pieces), or you can equip it as an accessory and use the hotkey to turn into a dragon for fast travel.
And how do you get that thing through regular gameplay?

And how do you get that thing through regular gameplay?
Currently unobtainable due to the NPC that drops it being unavailable(i think)
^

Okiku is meant to drop it, but being a 3 phases boss and currently the hardest boss in my mod (once the hardest boss in the game I believe, but I don't think that's a thing anymore) it's gonna be a bit tough to port. Altho, I ported the first phase exactly today, so yey.

^

Okiku is meant to drop it, but being a 3 phases boss and currently the hardest boss in my mod (once the hardest boss in the game I believe, but I don't think that's a thing anymore) it's gonna be a bit tough to port. Altho, I ported the first phase exactly today, so yey.
Awesome, but I seemed to not be able to transform into the dragon by using the hotkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom