tAPI W1K's Sizable Variety Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, but I seemed to not be able to transform into the dragon by using the hotkey
Make sure to equip it in one of the vanilla accessory slots. It's not going to work with modded accessory slots if this is the case. Also I believe I changed its hotkey compared to the one it had before the port, but the tooltip has also been updated to list the new one.

Well, we're in the released forum now. Yey. Altho the last boss port is not done, but no need to wait for it as only basically one boss and one item over an huge number of contents is missing. On a side note, I got progress on Okiku, the first phase has been completelly ported. I'll just post screenshots.

8EFEEB859200DD531F62528A5FF53C670FEC0A72

85C897B7030EEB2AF8AD0288E700EC15FE013D01

A7C4620F1882BA6CDE6C0ECD5ABA4A7B7F423AD0

EDIT: Actually nevermind, an explanation of what's happening doesn't hurt even tho its 8godamnAM and I needa go sleep.

Dark Shogun Mask is the first phase of Okiku's boss fight, it's an huge ghostly shogun mask. It appears on the player and follows it at a really slow pace. It does not receive any damage by itself and does not deal any to the player either. It has 6 Damned Souls rotating around it at constantly changing distance and speed (the faster they rotate, the bigger they are and the farther they are).
The first phase has 2 phases, invulnerability and weakness.
In the invulnerability phase, the only part which can take damage are the Damned Souls, which share the same amount of HP and when they get down a certain level, they will become invulnerable and switch to the weakness phase. In this phase the Damned Souls shot small projectiles aimed to the player which start slow and slowly take speed, shot at a rather small rate.
In the weakness phase, the Shogun Mask will lose its transparency and become vulnerable to being hit. The Damned Souls will start spinning at crazy speed, becoming huge, shooting much bigger and faster projectiles at a much higher speed. The phase ends after a few seconds, in which it will revert back to its invulnerability phase.
When enough damage has been dealt, the mask will draw all the Damned Souls inside itself and will start spinning them up at an incredible speed, charging up, eventually exploding revealing the Dark Dragon Mask, which is Okiku's second phase.

Last edited:
Okiku is definitelly almost done. Might be done tomorrow or in the next days depending on my amount of laziness. Eitherway, the second phase has been ported.

629B52E7F13F27B3C271F03B975428789EFF1407

19BBD22F65421A2237A7BDB7783DDF17184DF786

After the Dark Shogun Mask's transformation, it's the time of the Dark Dragon Mask.
Differently from the Dark Shogun Mask, it is never invulnerable.
The Mask will summon a Shadow Dragon and will follow it around. The Dragon acts similiarly to a wyvern, eccept its trajectory will be much more random and will repeatedly shoot projectiles toward the player. The Dragon moves fast and the Mask will follow it at max speed, making it fairly hard to hit.
Once the Dragon has been killed, the Mask will go into a panic state, will stand over the closest player's head at a certain distance and will start literally making it rain over it, while not moving too much, becoming a rather easy target. After a certain time has passed, the Dragon will regenerate and the cycle will repeat itself.
Destroying the Mask will reveal Okiku inside, which will proceed to the third and last phase of the bossfight.

I wanted to take the time to say how great this mod is, so here it goes. ES RALLY GEWD, METROID STOOF, YO-KAI KEELING STOOF, DAWL DAT MAKE U A DRAWGON, SO MUCH CAWNTENT!! ARRRRRRRRR!! *clears throat* but in all seriousness, fantastic mod, I personally appreciate all the effort you have put into this masterpiece. Thank you

Reactions: W1K
Okiku is finally done and in-game. New version has been uploaded and this means the mod is now completely ported. Yey.

Time to speak of Okiku, as I've been pretty much explaining every new content ported for who never played the mod before during its tConfig period.

1232b75962.jpg

Okiku is the last phase (of course) of the boss fight. Starting from the Shogun Mask summoned using the Ominous Mask, to the Dragon Mask on its second phase, to finally Okiku on its third and final phase.

Okiku is a spirit resembling a doll. It will appear upon the destruction of the Dark Dragon Mask.

Okiku follows various attack patterns which will be cycled on in a random order, teleporting around the closest player before switching between them.
First pattern, it will stand on place, creating a barrage of projectiles around itself, the projectiles will either be slowly accelerating away from it similiarly to Demon Scythes, or it will create rotating masks that will loosely attempt to track down the closest player for 5 seconds before disappearing.
Second pattern, it will teleport on the left or right of the player, a certain distance below it, before dashing up and shooting projectiles on its left or right depending on the closest player's position.
Third pattern, it will dash toward the closest player while leaving behind projectiles that will slowly accelerate toward the targeted player similiarly to Demon Scythe. This pattern is very similiar to Death's main attack pattern.
Fourth pattern, it will slowly move toward the closest player while creating projectiles around itself that will slowly accelerate toward the targeted location.

Okiku's projectiles and patterns will change once under half HP, making it much harder to hit while creating much more projectiles.

Once defeated, Okiku will drop the Okiku Doll, which can be used as a tile, it can be broken to create Okiku's vanity set (which can be rebuilt back into a tile using the vanity set), or it can be equipped as an accessory to turn into a Shadow Dragon for fast travels purposes.

Cronshade Scourdevor the Witch has also been added as a Town NPC, which will spawn post Hardmode. Her only purpose right now is selling two vanity hats, "Le Melon Head" and "Dr.S".

The PPSh41 has also been edited so it is not craftable from a single dirt block anymore. Whoops.

This is all, and the port is officially 100% done. Enjoy. Expect new contents updates fairly soon.

Congrats on the mod being fully ported! Cant wait for new content! *cough* *cough*
Morph_Ball_mf_Sprite.gif
*cough**cough*

I have also changed the old wiki slightly. It's now linked on the main page of the thread, just in case people need documentation, that's the best place other than asking directly here. I also added the full changelog and the google doc has been cleaned like every usual update.

Changelog Post-Port
- It is now possible to craft using any alternative ore or alternative weapon. Every alternative ore can be used instead of their counterpart from the same tier (Titanium/Adamantite, Mythril/Orichalcum, and so on). For all the mod specific recipes, The Undertaker is now considered an alternative of the Musket, Platinum Broadsword is considered an alternative of the Gold Broadsword, Ichor is considered an alternative of Cursed Flame, Tissue Sample is considered an alternative of Shadow Scale. All the crafting recipes requiring a Mythril Anvil can be crafted out of a Orichalcum Anvil, all recipes requiring a Work Bench can be crafted using any Workbench too, every recipe requiring a Demon Altar can be crafted from a Crimson Altar.
- No attack pets have been ported as minions made them obsolete.
- Ammo's damage percentage tweak is not present as it would break late-game ranged weapons.
- Movement Speed Tweak uses a slightly different mechanic, altho the logic behind it is the same.
- Ridley has been slightly tweaked, tail moves slightly faster, he shoots fireball faster (and lotsa faster when his tail has been cut down), fireballs have also been made slighty harder to dodge (only trajectory has been modified) and it has been fixed for multiplayer.
- The phoenixes behaviors have been slightly tweaked and improved. Firax has been renamed to Ardorix, Junglix has been renamed to Arborix. Arborix now only shoots one straight projectile, which creates a much bigger vine to grow.
- Ivy Plant does not shoot projectiles when damaged. It does now however shoot a barrage of poisonous gas at great speed and at a certain spread after a certain time interval has passed. Poisonous gas does not follow the Demon Scythe’s AI anymore, instead, it now grows, slows down and disappears over time, along with causing the longer they stay on screen. Ivy Plant can now teleport over the closest player after a certain time interval, it slowly fades away and fades back in on the closest player and while in this phase, it cannot deal any damage nor it can be damaged. Once fully visible again, Ivy Plant is able to deal damage and be damaged again.
- Rathalos and Yian Kut-Ku got a slight AI rebalance, mostly speeding up their AI cycles.
- Due to the game having official Vampires, the mod’s Vampire is now called “Vampire’s Phantom”, it uses the same sprite but it is slightly transparent. The fireballs damage has been toned down to 20 (from 30), their 10 defense requirement for spawn has been removed, they now disappear altogether during daytime instead of burning to death, they can now spawn during blood moons along with their usual new moon spawn, their spawn rates are now doubled, due to their change into a non-physical being (as they are technically now phantoms and not actual vampires), they do not create gores on death anymore but do still drop Vampire Blood.
- Parasprites are now a single NPC with different skin variations. Back in tConfig, due to the fact I could not change the NPCs sprites, Parasprites were 4 different NPCs (1 spawner and 3 color variations).
- Small tweaks to various NPCs stats.
- Grassy Egg can be dropped from any kind of Hornet.
- Every boss summoning item now stacks up to 20.
- Magi Musket has been reworked. It now allows for the muskets to be aimed after being spawned, along with allowing to delay the musket shots as long as the right mouse is held (they all shoot at the same time as long as their minimum delay has passed, but there is a maximum of 20 muskets per player in the world at once). The projectiles shot have also been modified and extra particles have been added.
- Jump Pack's horizontal speed bonus when flying is now much higher. However, differently from 1.2 wings, it's still only applied when ascending.
- Varia Suit now halves damage from lava as its set bonus, nothing else has been modified.
- Various hitboxes have been better resized and aligned.
- Better gores physics for most enemies, extra blood and particles for your sick needs.
- The Bolters, Thompson, PPsh, GOL-Sniper and Professional Sniper now have their own original use sounds.
- Various weapons sprites are now more appropriately placed when in use. Some sprites also got slight improvements, altho really minor.
- Death Casters spawns in the dungeon are not restricted to night time anymore (I believe this is technically a bugfix), also they don’t spawn as commonly anymore.
- Death does not spawn during blood moons anymore. It can, however, spawn during Solar Eclipses.
- The Pizza Guy now only spawns if a Guide is present.
- Medusa Heads don’t leave particle behind them anymore when moving, instead, they are now completely visible even in completely dark areas.
- Sluggers will not occasionally spin on place like zombies high on dayblooms anymore when attempting to charge a baseball while moving away from the target..
- Rumia now emits slight dark particles. Rumia's vanity full set does the same, although at a 3 times lower frequency.
- Rumia’s Ribbon (previously called Rumia’s Hair) and Baseball Cap now have a “No Hair” version (can be swapped using the crafting feature when either a normal or a no hair version is in the inventory). This allows for better customization as the character’s hair will now replace the hat’s hair.
- Cronshade Scourdevor will now spawn as “the Witch”. All her dialogues have been completely reworked and will now offer no other service other than selling the two vanity hats.
- Desert Scorpion has been renamed to Giant Scorpion. Game officially has Scorpion critters. It needed a more fitting name.

Last edited:
In all honesty, I need a better name. Just had no idea what to call it and came up with the first random thin'. Didn't wan to reuse the old random name or just call it "W1K's modpack".

Will play this when I get a chance. Going to add it to my huge world that keeps growing as I add more mods to the list.

In all honesty, I need a better name. Just had no idea what to call it and came up with the first random thin'. Didn't wan to reuse the old random name or just call it "W1K's modpack".
What? But I love it! I love W1K's sizeable package! ...

Hmm... something sounds wrong about that... nah, I must imagine things.

The problem of having a bunch of mods is not knowing that W1K was the owner of the PPSh41 platinum coinz exploit.
(That must be why the merchant says we don't know for how much dirt block sell overseas, it's because it's made into a gun:merchantcool:)

Also, I really like the Space Marine armor(I'm slightly a fan fan of Warhammer 40k)

I have like 20 mods installed, and recently I've been getting this message:
"The guide ordered pizza." In the same purple color bosses are announced.

I figured the variety of W1K's package might be the culprit, but if not... anyone have any idea what this means and where it comes from?

I figured the variety of W1K's package might be the culprit, but if not... anyone have any idea what this means and where it comes from?
Yes it is the culprit. My mod has an NPC called The Pizza Guy, which is a special zombie kind that deals no damage but can open doors instantly. The message references to an old joke in which The Guide had a tendency to open up houses doors at night letting zombies in, as if it had "called pizza". Just a small stupid thing, but if it is constant and annoying, just let me know and I'll lower the spawn chance as it's supposed to be a rather rare spawn.

What? But I love it! I love W1K's sizeable package! ...

Hmm... something sounds wrong about that... nah, I must imagine things.
W1K's Modpack is more original and simple.

I can barely run 5 mods without problems and crashes here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom