tAPI W1K's Sizable Variety Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why:

! Cannot rename C:\Users\Noah\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DIa0.459\__rzi_0.507 to C:\Users\Noah\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DIa0.459\Tremor Mod.tapi
Access is denied.

how are you going about doing it?
1. right click on tapi, click open with winrar archiver
2. extract the folder(just the folder that says tremor) to the sources folder in your tapi folder
3. delete unwanted files
4. open tAPI builder, click tremor, compile
5. profit?

how are you going about doing it?
1. right click on tapi, click open with winrar archiver
2. extract the folder(just the folder that says tremor) to the sources folder in your tapi folder
3. delete unwanted files
4. open tAPI builder, click tremor, compile
5. profit?

Its not allowing me to open it with winrar archiver, so I add it to Tremor Mod.rar and then try to delete the things I do not want, (Zarprute) but then I get that error

Its not allowing me to open it with winrar archiver, so I add it to Tremor Mod.rar and then try to delete the things I do not want, (Zarprute) but then I get that error

idk mang, but maybe you have it set to "read only" in the properties or some shiiz, i'm new here, but i figured it out. btw i had to get rid of those friggin zarprutes too hahaha annoying lil bastards

idk mang, but maybe you have it set to "read only" in the properties or some shiiz, i'm new here, but i figured it out. btw i had to get rid of those friggin zarprutes too hahaha annoying lil bastards
I think I solved my problem. I was bein' derpy I thinko_O

EDIT: I was totally being derpy. Didn't exract the right files. I tried deleting all the things I didn't want directly outta the winrar file :D

Last edited:
I did. No more Zarprute taking up ridiculous amounts of spawning space
yeah, btw does anyone know what that worthless "purple dust" they drop does? it says alchemical ingredient, but i can't figure out what to do with it. that and the "nasty eye" drop from bicholmere or whatever tf it's called both say "alchemical ingredient" but do absolutely nothing.

yeah, btw does anyone know what that worthless "purple dust" they drop does? it says alchemical ingredient, but i can't figure out what to do with it. that and the "nasty eye" drop from bicholmere or whatever tf it's called both say "alchemical ingredient" but do absolutely nothing.
It's probably best if you ask that on the Tremor mod thread.

How2fight phoenix? If I try to actually kill them they turn untouchable and heal A TON. If I :red: around like a dunce, they let themselves recieve damage little by little?

How2fight phoenix? If I try to actually kill them they turn untouchable and heal A TON. If I :red: around like a dunce, they let themselves recieve damage little by little?
Phoenixes go invincible after too much dps is dealt. Keep notice of their flame particles, the more damage the bigger they get. When you're dealing too much, stop dealing damage for a bit and wait for them to disappear.

Phoenixes go invincible after too much dps is dealt. Keep notice of their flame particles, the more damage the bigger they get. When you're dealing too much, stop dealing damage for a bit and wait for them to disappear.
So the phoenixes penalize me for doing my best, and I must slack off to beat them?

So the phoenixes penalize me for doing my best, and I must slack off to beat them?
It penalizes you for not paying attention to its patterns. "Doing your best" does not always refer to dealing as much dps as possible as different bosses need different strategies. Altho it's not a logic that applies to Terraria bosses and I can tell you yer fairly right on that statement when it comes to vanilla.

It penalizes you for not paying attention to its patterns. "Doing your best" does not always refer to dealing as much dps as possible as different bosses need different strategies. Altho it's not a logic that applies to Terraria bosses and I can tell you yer fairly right on that statement when it comes to vanilla.
"Sorry I offended you with my MEGASHARK Mr. Phoenix boss! Should I try my COPPER SHORTSWORD? Will you be content with the LOVE TAPS? Or should I expect more TOTAL INVINCIBILITY WITH HEALS AND STILL DEALING DAMAGE INBETWEEN?"

The phoenix armor isn't even good after early hardmode, and getting the eggs to begin with is a pain. The drops have one and one use only, and the fight itself is more a counterintuitive annoyance than anything. Even as just a novelty or a cosmetic it's not worth it. Why not just give the phoenixes good armor and health values and leave out the "LOLYOUARETOOGOODLEMMECHEAT" invincibility periods? Even the players themselves don't get such privilege. Only a couple frames and 45 to 60 seconds wait period.

"Sorry I offended you with my MEGASHARK Mr. Phoenix boss! Should I try my COPPER SHORTSWORD? Will you be content with the LOVE TAPS? Or should I expect more TOTAL INVINCIBILITY WITH HEALS AND STILL DEALING DAMAGE INBETWEEN?"

The phoenix armor isn't even good after early hardmode, and getting the eggs to begin with is a pain. The drops have one and one use only, and the fight itself is more a counterintuitive annoyance than anything. Even as just a novelty or a cosmetic it's not worth it. Why not just give the phoenixes good armor and health values and leave out the "LOLYOUARETOOGOODLEMMECHEAT" invincibility periods?
Because it forces the player to think. Look at it this way: If you went into a new room in Legend of Zelda and the trap was already solved or the enemies already defeated for you, what fun would it be? You have to look at the situation, and if you figure out what's happening, you can plan your attack strategy around it. I haven't gotten to those bosses yet, but when I do, I assume it'll be more fun than just pointing and shooting at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom