tModLoader W1K's Weapon Scaling

Might actually mention it, but it looks like the mod cross-compatibility actually works, and it kind of always did. The tutorial to make a compatibility mod on the first page of this thread should still be valid. Lemme know if anything doesn't work as intended.

The good news: I built a list of Thorium's 726+ weapons in an attempt to make a compatibility patch. It took some time.

The bad news: there is an error with the compatibility patch in 1.4. Even just using your example gives this error alongside Thorium.

Code:
Terraria.ModLoader.Exceptions.BuildException: Compiling WWSThoriumExample.dll failed with 1 errors and 0 warnings
Error: ---------------------- \Terraria\tModLoader\..\tModLoader\ModSources\WWSThoriumExample\patch.cs(34,38): error CS1061: 'Mod' does not contain a definition for 'ItemType' and no accessible extension method 'ItemType' accepting a first argument of type 'Mod' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

This could be specifically an issue with Thorium, but if my terrible understanding of code is correct, ItemType is not a thing any more?

Reactions: W1K
NOTE FOR TMODLOADER 1.4 THE SYNTAX IS NOW SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT. REFER TO THE SPOILER BELOW OR USE THE UPDATED ATTACHMENT
UzYiT0t.png
Alright so the guide does still mostly apply but there was a minor change in how item types are grabbed in 1.4, so I modified the guide to point out what needs to be changed and attached a second example with the fixed syntax.

Ty for pointing this out and going through the effort of trying to make a patch!

Sorry for the double posto but mod has been updated and ported to tModLoader for 1.4.4 and I've added Italian localization because why not.

I've also gone back and checked to make sure the patch-making process still works, and it does! All previously released patches will need to be recompiiled for 1.4.4 however.

Back
Top Bottom