Wacky NPCs Mod

Everybody that is supporting this Mod and wants to put a banner for it in their signature (I am talking to you @Vampyre77 and @Quba ), I have the code here:

Code:
[URL=https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/wacky-npcs-mod.84702][IMG]https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/wacky-npcs-banner2-png.233094/[/IMG][/URL]

What it will look like:

Everybody that is supporting this Mod and wants to put a banner for it in their signature (I am talking to you @Vampyre77 and @Quba ), I have the code here:

Code:
[URL=https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/wacky-npcs-mod.84702][IMG]https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/wacky-npcs-banner2-png.233094/[/IMG][/URL]

What it will look like:
Say, Thanks

Last edited:
Interesting news!

Thanks to @DV Game we made some really amazing progress

crimson kitchen test 1.jpg

(screenshot taken by him)

He managed to get worldgen generate a structure, the Crimson Kitchen!
Yes, it's made by wordgen?! Isn't it awesome?
(we might alter it later, to make it have more rooms or such, but for now, this is absolutely super awesome, I think!)

And, what's more, also managed to figure out how the NPC-spawning furniture works! Right now, it spawns an entity that looks like the Corruption Fangirl, as a placeholder, but apparently, the NPC works just like other town NPCs, having quotes and shop too!

Another interesting thing is, that it seems that these furnitures work in an unique way. Only one of these entities (so, only one Crimson Kitchen Barkeep for example) can be present in a world. Other furnitures' other NPCs (e.g. sleeping guard) wouldn't affect this (probably), but point being, each of these furnitures would only spawn one of thes NPCs per world.
So, if another Crimson Kitchen bar is placed, (theoretically) either nothing will happen, or the barkeep respawns there. (I think DV Game explained it like, the up-and-rightmost(?), furniture will spawn the NPC.)

This means, that, there should be no problem making it also craftable, though I think, it should use hardmode materials (e.g. some ichor), so, it is possible to aquire it even without cheat sheets, if the map was generated prior to this, and so, it wouldn't have the structure generated.

This also brings up a question though, that we didn't really think about before. What stuff the Crimson Kitchen Barkeep would sell?
So, share your ideas on that too. Because now we can get these things to work too. (but of course, no 1.4 stuff yet., so that limits things a bit, since we couldn't set food to give various levels of well fed just yet.)

How about food that has a downside and a upside, such as lowered movement speed and higher defense or lower attack speed for higher movement speed.

@DV Game, that crimson kitchen looks really cool. Good job!

(I think DV Game explained it like, the up-and-rightmost(?), furniture will spawn the NPC.)
Let me explain a bit better.
Firstly, you can place an infinite amount of this furniture in your world, but you can spawn only one NPC via them.
Secondly, NPC won't respawn if you will place furniture that is upper / righter, it is just NPC's prior where to spawn after it's death.

Interesting news!

View attachment 300468

(we might alter it later, to make it have more rooms or such, but for now, this is absolutely super awesome, I think!)

And, what's more, also managed to figure out how the NPC-spawning furniture works! Right now, it spawns an entity that looks like the Corruption Fangirl, as a placeholder, but apparently, the NPC works just like other town NPCs, having quotes and shop too!

Another interesting thing is, that it seems that these furnitures work in an unique way. Only one of these entities (so, only one Crimson Kitchen Barkeep for example) can be present in a world. Other furnitures' other NPCs (e.g. sleeping guard) wouldn't affect this (probably), but point being, each of these furnitures would only spawn one of thes NPCs per world.
So, if another Crimson Kitchen bar is placed, (theoretically) either nothing will happen, or the barkeep respawns there. (I think DV Game explained it like, the up-and-rightmost(?), furniture will spawn the NPC.)

This means, that, there should be no problem making it also craftable, though I think, it should use hardmode materials (e.g. some ichor), so, it is possible to aquire it even without cheat sheets, if the map was generated prior to this, and so, it wouldn't have the structure generated.

This also brings up a question though, that we didn't really think about before. What stuff the Crimson Kitchen Barkeep would sell?
So, share your ideas on that too. Because now we can get these things to work too. (but of course, no 1.4 stuff yet., so that limits things a bit, since we couldn't set food to give various levels of well fed just yet.)
The Crimson Kitchen looks great and even bigger congratulations for making furniture NPC's work ! Great job @DV Game . But I do see a small problem with the Kitchen , the bar part has everything that a house needs to be aviable for NPC's to move in so they will likely move in and reveal it's location to you before you even try to look for it it.

Forgot to answer that part.
Obviously he should sell some Crimson themed food items so maybe stuff like Herpling steak and Crimslime Jelly, but how about also giving him some corruption themed meals ? He's obviously related to Crimson and not Corruption but since he's going to be in a world regardless of what evil your world has it wouldn't be that weird. He should be more focused on Crimson stuff but I think that 1 or 2 items would be nice to have (maybe they would only appear on a certain moon phase and he could have some dialouge about how during that time he has some special items to offer ?)

Interesting news!

View attachment 300468

Ok, that's epic. @DV Game congrats that's very cool

@Quba
Yes, we discussed that problem, and that's why, it uses a type of natural (invalid) crimson walls. around 50% of the room has valid walls, but that won't make the house valid, so NPCs won't move in there, and won't reveal where it is.

The initial design was drawn by me as a clumsy sketch, but I'm amazed that it can actually generate something like that.
Thinking more about it, I figured it should have doors too (lol XD) and maybe it could have a 2nd floor with more tables and maybe a bathroom or something XD and I thought to sprite something like potted shadewood trees and such, to make the place a bit more lively. and maybe a shadewood-recolor of the carpenter rack.
and who knows what else. maybe a paining or two on the walls would look fancy too.

@CantWontDo @Quba
As for what would he sell, yeah, I think mostly crimson-themed food, but, it's not just technically what it is (I think as for one, the Crimson Fangirl blabbers about some food this place sells) but, the other question, what the effects would be?
Well fed is one thing (though it can't have different levels prior to 1.4), but, what else...?

I agree that something like "raise one stats, lower another" type of food would be a good general direction! But we should decide, what exactly each food would be, and what they would do?

One of my ideas were something like "ichor mead" (or ichor ale, or such), which looks like ale, but recolored like ichor, (practically, the thing that's on the bar) - and it might could be actually craftable at a keg (or shadewood keg) with ichor - meaning it's a hardmode item normally, but you can buy it from him (for vouchers) any time. it would be an improved version of ale, raising attack or melee speed (ale raises melee speed, right?) a lot, but drastically decreases defense. effectively, turning melee into a glass-cannon.
(edit: @CantWontDo seems we had the same idea? XD lol I probably talked about this idea before too though?)

there also could be something that grants immunity to ichor (and/or cursed fire). it's a very niche debuff, because only a very few enemies apply it on the player, but there's no way to be immune to it right now, so, something like that could be useful too.

also, speaking of buffs and debuffs, how about something that grants immunity to on-fire? it's a very annoying debuff and there are no accessory to protect against it. (as of now, Molten armor does, but besides that. also, yeah, there is obvidian skin potion, I think it works against on fire too, but you wouldn't use it a lot, because it's a bit difficult to get.

Another thing. Any ideas about some quotes for the barkeep? I'm thinking about ideas too, but I'm curious if anyone has some good ideas?

crimson kitchen barkeep - blackhair.png

Again, it's this guy. And we decided on, that, on the contrary to what one would expect, he's a posh gentleman.
(I do think some of his quotes could have some characteristic "Graaah" too, the sounds that face monsters normally do. but most of the time, he talks normal.

@Quba
Yes, we discussed that problem, and that's why, it uses a type of natural (invalid) crimson walls. around 50% of the room has valid walls, but that won't make the house valid, so NPCs won't move in there, and won't reveal where it is.

The initial design was drawn by me as a clumsy sketch, but I'm amazed that it can actually generate something like that.
Thinking more about it, I figured it should have doors too (lol XD) and maybe it could have a 2nd floor with more tables and maybe a bathroom or something XD and I thought to sprite something like potted shadewood trees and such, to make the place a bit more lively. and maybe a shadewood-recolor of the carpenter rack.
and who knows what else. maybe a paining or two on the walls would look fancy too.

@CantWontDo @Quba
As for what would he sell, yeah, I think mostly crimson-themed food, but, it's not just technically what it is (I think as for one, the Crimson Fangirl blabbers about some food this place sells) but, the other question, what the effects would be?
Well fed is one thing (though it can't have different levels prior to 1.4), but, what else...?

I agree that something like "raise one stats, lower another" type of food would be a good general direction! But we should decide, what exactly each food would be, and what they would do?

One of my ideas were something like "ichor mead" (or ichor ale, or such), which looks like ale, but recolored like ichor, (practically, the thing that's on the bar) - and it might could be actually craftable at a keg (or shadewood keg) with ichor - meaning it's a hardmode item normally, but you can buy it from him (for vouchers) any time. it would be an improved version of ale, raising attack or melee speed (ale raises melee speed, right?) a lot, but drastically decreases defense. effectively, turning melee into a glass-cannon.
(edit: @CantWontDo seems we had the same idea? XD lol I probably talked about this idea before too though?)

there also could be something that grants immunity to ichor (and/or cursed fire). it's a very niche debuff, because only a very few enemies apply it on the player, but there's no way to be immune to it right now, so, something like that could be useful too.

also, speaking of buffs and debuffs, how about something that grants immunity to on-fire? it's a very annoying debuff and there are no accessory to protect against it. (as of now, Molten armor does, but besides that. also, yeah, there is obvidian skin potion, I think it works against on fire too, but you wouldn't use it a lot, because it's a bit difficult to get.

Another thing. Any ideas about some quotes for the barkeep? I'm thinking about ideas too, but I'm curious if anyone has some good ideas?

View attachment 300479

Again, it's this guy. And we decided on, that, on the contrary to what one would expect, he's a posh gentleman.
(I do think some of his quotes could have some characteristic "Graaah" too, the sounds that face monsters normally do. but most of the time, he talks normal.
Give him the chefs hat.

I have some quote ideas:
During Blood Moon:
"Don't worry if your food tastes bloody, I used all natural ingredients."
At Nighttime:
"Someday I'm going to stop serving those late customers." (zombies/nightime enemies.)
Normal:
"<name of dryad> doesn't appreciate good cuisine. Well, she does eat vegetables."
"Here's my latest dish, Bunny A La Creme."
"My old customers were really rowdy. They always wanted more food to shove into their huge mouths. " (face monsters.)
Posh quotes (like @Sora_92 asked for.)
"<name of Tavernkeep> is such a jolly old fellow! He leads a simple lifestyle like me."

Last edited:
@Quba

@CantWontDo @Quba

View attachment 300479

The problem with giving him stuff other then new food is that the Crimson Fangirl and Waiter exist, if not for them he could have stuff like the Crimson Fishes and Fruit but since they already sell them it wouldn't make much sense to also give them to him. A small idea I did come up with is that maybe he could sell his outfit (not all the time, it could just be on halloween or full moon to not make it as rare) ? He has a good looking mustache and unless I missed it while looking at the hair styles list it's original.
As for the dialouge I doubt I'm gonna come up with something good but I'll post it if I come up with something.

Back
Top Bottom