Wacky NPCs Mod

Hmmmm... interesting idea. I will try to tinker a bit with it. I dunno whether it looks like a fin though...
I do wonder about guards for various areas/biomes, or, like associated with a certain area/building type. I have some ideas for some areas, but not quite sure about some other. the beach is being one of those too. Also not quite sure about the jungle either, and some other. ...what about the Hallow for example...?
Hallow could have winged, faeric guards

I absolutely love the personallities of your Corru and Crim NPCs! Can't wait to try this pack. Btw alchemistNPC (full) and Furniture food and Fun both have working vending machines. idk if they have a github or maybe you could just ask the creators about how they did the shops for them, but its an idea. I would also love to be able to able to r-click on guards and get some random dialogue. Hope you can figure it out :D

I absolutely love the personallities of your Corru and Crim NPCs! Can't wait to try this pack. Btw alchemistNPC (full) and Furniture food and Fun both have working vending machines. idk if they have a github or maybe you could just ask the creators about how they did the shops for them, but its an idea. I would also love to be able to able to r-click on guards and get some random dialogue. Hope you can figure it out :D

I'm glad you love them! I think they're pretty nice and funny.

I know about the one in Furniture food and Fun, but back when I tried it, it didn't have dialogues or a shop window, just randomly gave you an item in exchange of money when right clicked. Was it updated since?
But yeah, I will try to figure out that too.

For now I'm tinkering with spriting more guard variants. And some other interesting stuff. They're all stationary and not animated, but they still could be interesting. and eventually figuring out how to get things animated and maybe even things like chatting and having a shop. That could be nice!

New update! Lots of new guards, civilians, monsters, and other stuff added!

Check it out!
All the "furnitures" that currently are in the mod:

various polearm racks, scarecrows and snowmen.
01.png

guard captain's desk, iron armored guards - now with archers added - crimson guards, and possessed armors.
02.png

desert town guards (desert town civilian set planned too, but that's for a next update), forest squad, and outlaws.
03.png

royals (show a throne to the guide for the recipes)
07.png

Dynasty civilian set - monks, and various townspeople. Make your dynasty builds more lively!
11.png

Dynasty guards. (The general's desk functions exactly the same as the guard captain's desk)
13.png

Dynasty clerks (the clerk's desk functions the same as the guard captain's desk). and a few additional furnitures.
12.png

Traveling gypsies, pirates, and a green old hag.
08.png

Goblins.
06.png

Dwarven set.
05.png

Werewolves, Lihzahrds, Lamias, Merfolks, Mermaids and Mermen.
09.png

Lunar creatures, solar, and lunar cultists - and the Lunatic cultist...
10.png

Odds and ends (some can be placed on tables too, but not all works like that yet...)
04.png

Most furnitures can face left or right.

The Guard captain's desk is crafted by hand, with a bar (furniture) and 10 gold coins. It functions as the crafting station for "hire a guard"s and the guards.
Dynasty variants are crafted with ornate dynasty bar instead of the normal wooden bar. they function the same.

Guards are crafted with 1 hire a guard, and metal bars, silk, or various other material.
Civilians, monsters and stuff also use one "hire a guard" in the recipe. They aren't really guards, but this way all recipes can be aquired easily by showing one to the guide.
(Scarecrows, snowmen and some other gadgets doesn't need "hire a guard" to craft)

None of the guards, scarecrows, or anything has any function, right now they're purely decoration. Tables and chairs function as tables and chairs though.

A lot more stuff are planned too, such as more civilians for purity/forest biome, desert, etc. also elf and dark elf sets and much more! I would love to hear your ideas and suggestions too!

As well as, I would love to see screenshots of builds using some of these stationary guards, civilians or anything! Please share some screenshots of your builds with these!

Last edited:
New update! Lots of new guards, civilians, monsters, and other stuff added!

Check it out!
All the "furnitures" that currently are in the mod:

various polearm racks, scarecrows and snowmen.
View attachment 235157

guard captain's desk, iron armored guards - now with archers added - crimson guards, and possessed armors.
View attachment 235158

desert town guards (desert town civilian set planned too, but that's for a next update), forest squad, and outlaws.
View attachment 235159

royals (show a throne to the guide for the recipes)
View attachment 235160

Dynasty civilian set - monks, and various townspeople. Make your dynasty builds more lively!
View attachment 235161

Dynasty guards. (The general's desk functions exactly the same as the guard captain's desk)
View attachment 235162

Dynasty clerks (the clerk's desk functions the same as the guard captain's desk). and a few additional furnitures.
View attachment 235163

Traveling gypsies, pirates, and a green old hag.
View attachment 235164

Goblins.
View attachment 235165

Dwarven set.
View attachment 235166

Werewolves, Lihzahrds, Lamias, Merfolks, Mermaids and Mermen.
View attachment 235167

Lunar creatures, solar, and lunar cultists - and the Lunatic cultist...
View attachment 235168

Odds and ends (some can be placed on tables too, but not all works like that yet...)
View attachment 235169

Most furnitures can face left or right.

The Guard captain's desk is crafted by hand, with a bar (furniture) and 10 gold coins. It functions as the crafting station for "hire a guard"s and the guards.
Dynasty variants are crafted with ornate dynasty bar instead of the normal wooden bar. they function the same.

Guards are crafted with 1 hire a guard, and metal bars, silk, or various other material.
Civilians, monsters and stuff also use one "hire a guard" in the recipe. They aren't really guards, but this way all recipes can be aquired easily by showing one to the guide.
(Scarecrows, snowmen and some other gadgets doesn't need "hire a guard" to craft)

None of the guards, scarecrows, or anything has any function, right now they're purely decoration. Tables and chairs function as tables and chairs though.

A lot more stuff are planned too, such as more civilians for purity/forest biome, desert, etc. also elf and dark elf sets and much more! I would love to hear your ideas and suggestions too!

As well as, I would love to see screenshots of builds using some of these stationary guards, civilians or anything! Please share some screenshots of your builds with these!
Wow. You went above and beyond for this update! This will definitely help make builds feel more alive!

Wow. You went above and beyond for this update! This will definitely help make builds feel more alive!
I'm glad you like them~!!

Do share some screenshots if you use them in builds! I would love to see them!

minor side note... I just noticed I missed some white dots at the mermaids' and mermen's fin... I will fix them soon, but maybe along with a new update...

It's the second post in the Census thread:

Suggestions for the fake NPC furniture items: the various zombies and skeletons, harpies, medusae, and humanoid critters from Old One's Army, Solar Eclipse, Frost Moon, Pumpkin Moon...

it looks great but would adding corruption guards be a possibility

I somewhat considered possessed armor as that, but of course, could add some different sort of guards too.
But what armor would be the best? The vanilla corruption armor doesn't really felt like something that would fit for guarding some corrupted fortresses or castles... then again maybe they can fit, I dunno. If you have any other ideas on their looks though I would be curious!

I somewhat considered possessed armor as that, but of course, could add some different sort of guards too.
But what armor would be the best? The vanilla corruption armor doesn't really felt like something that would fit for guarding some corrupted fortresses or castles... then again maybe they can fit, I dunno. If you have any other ideas on their looks though I would be curious!
I think shadow armor could work fine but otherwise I'm not really sure.

Oooh! Now THIS is a mod I can get behind! +Follow!

Finally! I am not limited to the number of NPCs a mod adds to fill in my villages! I can build actual cities!

A couple of suggestions I think would help:
1) Most bare-bones simplest animation for all the guards and such is that they occasionally look in the other direction, kinda like the town NPCs do when they stay still in their homes at night.
Of course, they would face their placed direction most of the time, but even the slightest bit of movement would instantly make them feel more alive than staying still.

2) Someone already said this, but maybe random dialogue when right clicked and potentially spitting out something when a block or coin is placed on them kinda like the extractinator.

3) An item or piece of furniture that can reduce or disable monster spawns. This is arguably the hardest suggestion and may not be super feasible. I do know the skeleton merchant counts as multiple town NPCs, and the peace candle grants a buff that reduces monster spawns?

Oooh! Now THIS is a mod I can get behind! +Follow!

Finally! I am not limited to the number of NPCs a mod adds to fill in my villages! I can build actual cities!

A couple of suggestions I think would help:
1) Most bare-bones simplest animation for all the guards and such is that they occasionally look in the other direction, kinda like the town NPCs do when they stay still in their homes at night.
Of course, they would face their placed direction most of the time, but even the slightest bit of movement would instantly make them feel more alive than staying still.

2) Someone already said this, but maybe random dialogue when right clicked and potentially spitting out something when a block or coin is placed on them kinda like the extractinator.

3) An item or piece of furniture that can reduce or disable monster spawns. This is arguably the hardest suggestion and may not be super feasible. I do know the skeleton merchant counts as multiple town NPCs, and the peace candle grants a buff that reduces monster spawns?
I'm glad if you like this mod! If you use them in builds, please share some screenshots, okay?

And, I do like those ideas, but unfortunatelly I'm not very good with coding, so I would need help how to code such things.

Hey! I really love this mod and was looking forward to using it on my server with my friends, but the placeble NPCs are, well, "broken". If I place one, the others can't see it, and it becomes unbreakable. To remove it, I need to break a block it's standing on.
I'm really bummed out by this. If you could look into this issue and fix it, that'd be real nice!

Back
Top Bottom