Wacky NPCs Mod

Hey! I really love this mod and was looking forward to using it on my server with my friends, but the placeble NPCs are, well, "broken". If I place one, the others can't see it, and it becomes unbreakable. To remove it, I need to break a block it's standing on.
I'm really bummed out by this. If you could look into this issue and fix it, that'd be real nice!

Thank you for telling it. I wasn't aware of that issue. though I have no idea what causes it. I don't know much about coding. If anyone has any idea what causes that, it would be nice if they would explain it, and/or help solving it...

I'm glad if you like the mod though! If you made builds with them, I would love to see screenshots!

Hey! I really love this mod and was looking forward to using it on my server with my friends, but the placeble NPCs are, well, "broken". If I place one, the others can't see it, and it becomes unbreakable. To remove it, I need to break a block it's standing on.
I'm really bummed out by this. If you could look into this issue and fix it, that'd be real nice!

Did you make sure your friends have the mod installed as well?

Did you make sure your friends have the mod installed as well?
Yes, everyone has the mod installed. Interactions with the NPCs work fine, it's just the furniture that's broken. The issue with the furniture being unbreakable also happens even if no-one but me is one the server. We've also tried removing every other mod, to no avail.
I'm glad if you like the mod though! If you made builds with them, I would love to see screenshots!
Sure, I'll post some screenshots once I've finished!

Thank you for telling it. I wasn't aware of that issue. though I have no idea what causes it. I don't know much about coding. If anyone has any idea what causes that, it would be nice if they would explain it, and/or help solving it...

I have no Idea how to solve @Ishikure Shiro 's problem. I can only imagine it is some sort of Multi-player networking issue.
The only thing I can do is to offer you this mod: tModLoader - NetEasy - For mod devs who despise networking with a passion

What if there were modern guards which wear the swat set and have shotguns, snipers, machine guns, all that stuff for more modern builds like cities or military camps

What if there were modern guards which wear the swat set and have shotguns, snipers, machine guns, all that stuff for more modern builds like cities or military camps
That sounds interesting, but what armor exactly? there is a SWAT helmet, but what about the chest and leg armor/clothes? what would fit?

Idk
That sounds interesting, but what armor exactly? there is a SWAT helmet, but what about the chest and leg armor/clothes? what would fit?
Edit 1: So if you watch CS:GO in terraria, you might find some good outfits for modern guards.

Last edited:
You might try the treasure hunter vanity set that drops from Halloween Goodie Bags for tower snipers, potentially dyed Ninja Armor or Aaron's Dev Set for heavier SWAT armor.

I'm personally more on the lookout for more regular civilians than guards.

Capture 2020-03-25 14_48_21.png

Just a little build I made with some dynasty civilians and guards. The roof design is very strongly inspired by those of a terrarian named Rulick, here's a link to his Youtube channel: Rulick 15
I'm personally more on the lookout for more regular civilians than guards.
I second this, more civilians would be great.

Hey I wanted to ask a few questions if its alright...

One: Is it compatible with other Mods like Redemption, Thorium, Furniture Food & Fun & Fargo's Mutant Mod along with some other Npc Mods...

Two: Is the Guards furniture or Minion like...?

Three: Which Mods is it not compatible with and is there any bugs I should be aware of...?

& Forth: Can it be added onto an existing character & world/playthrough...?

If you could respond I would really appreciate it! :D

Hey I wanted to ask a few questions if its alright...

One: Is it compatible with other Mods like Redemption, Thorium, Furniture Food & Fun & Fargo's Mutant Mod along with some other Npc Mods...

Two: Is the Guards furniture or Minion like...?

Three: Which Mods is it not compatible with and is there any bugs I should be aware of...?

& Forth: Can it be added onto an existing character & world/playthrough...?

If you could respond I would really appreciate it! :D
Hi. Well, I will try to answer the best I can.

1.) As far as I know, it's compatible with other mods. it definititelly looks like so with the mods I have enabled. I don't know about all mods, but I'm assuming it's compatible with most (at least as far as single player concerned)

2.) guards are furnitures. it would be cool if there would be pet/light pet/minion versions of some, but I don't know how to do that. so, yeah, they're just stationary furnitures.

3.) as far as I know, it should be compatible with most mods in single player. someone told here earlier that the guards don't work well in multiplayer. I would like to fix that in the future, but I don't know how. but the town NPCs work in multiplayer too.

4.) yes, it can be added, since, it doesn't adds anything to worldgen like some mods that adds biomes or structures. it's all things you can craft and place, and NPCs who can move in if their conditions are met. it also doesn't really affects gameplay since it does not adds weapons, armor, or anything. the town NPCs can help with game progress though.

How do I get an Npc to respawn cause the crimson fangirl accidentally died and hasn't respawned yet...

How do I get an Npc to respawn cause the crimson fangirl accidentally died and hasn't respawned yet...
I think once they moved in once, they will respawn on their own even if the conditions didn't met... but in case if not, then it must be the same conditions that needed for them to spawn in the first place. - in case of Corruption Fangirl, it's ebonstone in inventory. (check the first post)

Hey, could there be an option in the mod setting that disables the "furniture" ? I love the utility of all 5 of the NPCs, but don't like how cluttered this mods makes me as I'm the type to hoard items in my inventory to prevent them to going in my squeaky clean hotbar.

Hey, could there be an option in the mod setting that disables the "furniture" ? I love the utility of all 5 of the NPCs, but don't like how cluttered this mods makes me as I'm the type to hoard items in my inventory to prevent them to going in my squeaky clean hotbar.
I mean, not really wacky NPCs without all the wacky plaeable NPCs.

That said: Corru/Crim, Pick Lock, Scam Artist, and I think the Wacky Professor are all separate mods adding just that NPC.

EDIT: Just checked OP, fixed name of one above, also Professor may not have his own separate mod.

I mean, not really wacky NPCs without all the wacky plaeable NPCs.
That said: Corru/Crim, Pick Lock, Scam Artist, and I think the Wacky Professor are all separate mods adding just that NPC.
EDIT: Just checked OP, fixed name of one above, also Professor may not have his own separate mod.
Well, i had this mod pre-placable NPCs, and that was a perfect mod. But now it's a bit worse IMO because of the fact the placable NPCs clutter up my craft bar, especially since they are made from nothing. Maybe if, the creator doesn't want to add an option to simply desactivate the placable NPCs, how about making it so that you can only craft those placable NPCs at the recruitment table ?

Well, i had this mod pre-placable NPCs, and that was a perfect mod. But now it's a bit worse IMO because of the fact the placable NPCs clutter up my craft bar, especially since they are made from nothing. Maybe if, the creator doesn't want to add an option to simply desactivate the placable NPCs, how about making it so that you can only craft those placable NPCs at the recruitment table ?
I do think they're only craftable at (whatever version of) captain's desk. They shouldn't be able to crafted elsewhere. Is that not how they work? Additionally they need "hire-a-guard", so if you don't have such in inventory, they shouldn't appear in the crafting menu. It's that way partly in order not to clutter the crafting menu.
(there are a few exceptions like snowmen, but, but most of these furnitures shouldn't be craftable without "hire-a-guard" and they should only appear at a guard captain's desk to craft.

I'm open for ideas.
But do they really appear at other crafting stations/crafted by hand, and without any resources? If they do, that might be some bug or something, so I would like to know, what exactly it does?

From what I understand, you craft 3 gold coins into a Guard contract (called a 'Hire-a-Guard' ingame), then bring this to the Guard Captain's desk to craft into Guards. Monsters are also crafted at the Guard Captain's Desk.

The mod also adds weapon racks crafted from iron/lead and wood, Scarecows made from wood and hay (I think), and snowmen made from snow blocks.
If you have Magic storage, the craft interface will not show the guards as long as you do not have the Guard Captain's desk in the craft interface.
If you have Cheatsheet and are looking for something specific, you can either filter for what you are looking for, OR if you want modded content and hate scrolling past everything this mod adds, just press the "M" statue to jump right past this mod's content to get to what you want.

If the Racks, Scarecrows, and Snowmen are seriously such a deal-breaker for your crafting interface, I don't know what to tell you. I feel you are not being reasonable.

I would again simply recommend you simply download each individual NPC from the mod browser, or failing that, I have posted the links below:

Corru/Crim: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/download.php?Down=mods/CorruCrimNPCs.tmod
Picklock: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/download.php?Down=mods/PicklockNPC.tmod
Scam Artist: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/download.php?Down=mods/ScamArtistNPC.tmod
Professor: Does not have his own mod.

Mod Browser down and not working in-game? No problem! Use this link: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/DirectModDownloadListing.php
Press Cntrl+F and start typing.

I am quite happy with this mod, and would very much prefer the author spend their time adding to it and improving it rather than waste their time reorganizing everything. Though I wouldn't mind guards being a bit cheaper to hire. I think they are currently trying to learn how to add pets and minions to the game, so you can have guards that actually do something.

Back
Top Bottom