Wacky NPCs Mod

Agree, the scientist sounds like a great idea, and meteor armor might makes interesting guards too, but what sort of weapon to add to it (if adding any weapons)?

As for the lost girl, I like the idea for troll value too and stuff - it reminds me how you can use deco crastal hearts or life fruits from Chad'sfurni kind of like that too, maybe. Although a metal detector or other things could expose it fast, but I think it still could be hilarous if you try to get that nice life fruit and then you're greeted by the tooltip "a plastic replica" lol XD

The only problem with Lost girl is, that Tmodloader has strict rules regarding things such as NSFW content - nudity and such in the case regarding Lost girl and the like - so I think most modders try to avoid doing much about it because fearing it would break some rules and that could end up getting the whole mod deleted. Even though Lost girls are nude on vanilla too.

I do find them very intriguing though, and it's sad there's no actual town NPC like that, like, if there would be some percent of chance that a lost girl in not actually a nymph but an actual lost girl, or if it's a friendly nymph.
In fact, I did used the lost girl for something, if you look at the scam artist, she has the basic appearance of a lost girl, just not nude. she's supposed to be a half nymph although she's not agressive, but a different sort of "deceiver of fools"

I think the space Gun would be best
Well, that makes sense, indeed.
Although actually it's not that easy I'm afraid.

Placing actual player's weapons in the hands of these guards doesn't actually looks good usually. this is the reason I didn't really do much so far about guards with swords or anything like that, because that's kind of difficult to do (and they would look kind of odd standing stationary holding a sword. at least if they would stick it into the dirt and lean on the handle, it could appear they're resting or something, but I don't know how to squeeze a sword to a normal town NPC's sprite to look like that. and if you just stick a sword, gun, or whatever into their hand, they might will look odd.

It might could work, if spriting something that looks like the space gun, but is smaller. - just like how some polearms like the trident resembles the player weapon.

If you do add these suggestions, I’m gonna update the mod immediatel. Also, how do you feel about 1.4?
The scientist sounds fine as they are, probably, although might will tinker with them too a bit more, like, what hairstyle would be the best...? the meteor armor guards might be more tricky if need to think out a weapon like space gun fitting into their hand.

But again, as I said before too, I'm not going to update it before 1.4 is out. there will be probably lots of changes, so probably should update the town NPCs and stuff too.

I'm really looking forward for 1.4 though. It looks really great!

Speaking of updating this mod, I wonder how exactly new stuff regarding town NPCs will work, and how to apply those to these town NPCs too?
An encyclopedia entry, preferred biome, preferred neighbors... I wonder what would fit these NPCs? I have some ideas, but I would be interested to hear the opinion of others too!

also, wonder if corruption/crimson will be still invalid biomes for housing? - sad crimson- & corruption fangirl noises - although that would mean, if you can't build a town there, there's no pylon for the area either, which would be kind of sad. so, could it be they would be valid for towns...? although besides someone as crazy as the fangirls, which NPCs would like to live in those biomes...? XD

Speaking of updating this mod, I wonder how exactly new stuff regarding town NPCs will work, and how to apply those to these town NPCs too?
An encyclopedia entry, preferred biome, preferred neighbors... I wonder what would fit these NPCs? I have some ideas, but I would be interested to hear the opinion of others too!

The fangirls, being evangelists for their cause, should be happy in any biome that can be naturally converted (forest, ice, desert, underground) and unhappy in biomes that can't (mushroom, cloud island, marble/granite, and especially hallow).

That sounds interesting, but what armor exactly? there is a SWAT helmet, but what about the chest and leg armor/clothes? what would fit?
Like the Tactical Skeleton, except living? Dark blue pants and shirt, black boots, the tactical skeleton's armor and helmet.

I got an idea! What about decoration vehicles? There could be many of them, like cars, tanks, helicopters, and more! Also, to the weapon problem, is there a way to magnify the sprite of a space gun or a star cannon to fit into a guards hand?

as i have never seen this mod before, it is extremely useful for those who like to decorate like me, and should be on top omg it's so boring that I don't like most popular mods and there are other fantastic ones that are hard to find here on the forum
I would love to see something like a dragon armor or a dragon xD
Attach files

While I'm not sure when T-modloader will catch up to 1.4, and I probably won't update this mod before that, I'm thinking about what things to add, once 1.4 will be up-to-date with Journey's End.

And, so, I'm curious about everyone's opinion, and, if you have suggestions, I would love to hear them!
(sorry for the long wall of fle... - cough - text.)

As for start, I think should update the actual NPCs first.

1.) I'm wondering whether to add new NPCs? There are some ideas, regarding NPCs to help with aquiring hard-to-get vanilla items (much like how all the NPCs do, who are in the mod now)

- gravedigger. (a town NPC selling gravestones. he would move in with a zombie banner or something in player's inventory, and so he could be helpful with building a graveyard biome. of course, "aquiring" gravestones is not usually any difficult though (and probably few players play hardchore, I never tried anything besides softcore so far XD)
he would not require a graveyard to spawn (since his main point is to help with creating one) but his preferred biome would be that.

- elf/alraune. I was wondering about all the fruits that are in the game now, and how difficult is to get them, because they're random and rare. the starting idea regarding fruits would been something like a greengrocer of course, but there is such an NPC in Genosis' Furniture & Fun mod, I think, so I wanted something else, and something wackier, so, how about an elf or an alraune or something that would have connections with the forest, and sell the player fruits so they might would cut less trees XD

- waiter/waitress. similarly to the previous idea, just for selling food, perticularly regarding the rare foodstuff. this is nowhere really necessary gameplay-wise, since you could just fish a bit an live on seafood dinner or anything, but might could add more "flavor"? XD ah, and, yeah, would considered a chef or something first, but there's already such in some mods, for example in Thorium (which I love a real lot) and a waiter/waitress could pair up well with him to make a restaurant.

None of these ideas are very necessary, because these things are either relatively easy to aquire (gravestones, by dying) or not very necessary (fruits and rare food), but if there is interest, I might would add these to the mod.
Also should figure out how to make them balanced, because it would be quite OP to be able to just simply be able to buy level 3 food... though, maybe the shops could update as the player defeats more bosses...?
Also wanna hear other ideas too, if you have ideas about other NPCs to add. or what sort of items are hard to aquire enough that a town NPC selling them would be preferred.

2.) now on to the current NPCs
shops should be upgraded here and there. Such as

- adding Decay chamber to corruption fangirl's shop. to begin with, I find it nonsense that you wouldn't be able to aquire that in crimson worlds from any vanilla NPCs? Or can you?
- fangirls sell evil biome crates' hardmode variant in hardmode.
- picklock sell deser key too.
- professor sells biome crates regarding every biomes (and their hardmode varian in hardmode) IF he's housed there. (he sells no evil biome crates, because he cannot be housed there, and the fangirls already sell those anyway.)
- alternatively if scrapping the elf/alraune idea or something, the professor could sell fruits related to a biome he's in, but this would return us to the problem that he can't be housed in evil biomes (and not sure if the fangirls have enough slots to sell fruits too)
- maybe adding a few thematically fitting deco to the professor's shop (when in said biomes) such as some of those new desert wall deco, like fossil, and egyptian mural, etc.
- anything else I forgot XD

3.) NPC happiness. I'm wondering what the biome and neighbor likes and dislikes these NPCs should have?
This is kinda tricky, considering

- evil biomes are invalid for housing, so, the two fangirls probably wouldn't be able to be housed in their logically preferred biome. they might would just prefer the forest then - and having each other as neightbors, dunno who else they would like, or dislike? ah, but, I think both of them would hate to be housed in the hallow, and hate the dryad, because she wants to purify the world from the corruption & crimson.

- what likes and dislikes would fit the picklock? would he prefer rich neighbors or something? who he could either try to steal from, or who would hire him to test if they can't be robbed or whater? XD lol Tax collector...? Nurse...? wait... the richest one around is probably... the goblin tinkerer, isn't he?! XD lol

- scam artist would have similar or so preferences than the merchant, and prefer him as neighbor, because she's his daughter. this would make her easy to house. though, similar to the tavernkeep, her shop gets full in late game, so she should not sell pylons.

- professor's shop varies with biome, so he wouldn't likely have preference regarding that? who would he like or hate as neighbors? he might would prefer some like the witch doctor, because he's interesting, both culturally and regarding not being a human but a lizhard, and the professor might finds that interesting, plus might be interested in condusting researches in the lizhard temple too (not that player could get him to go to the temple though...)

While the NPCs should be higher priority that the guards first, interesting questions what to do with the guards?

1.) some of the things that have old appearances, like goblin army guards. should these be left in the mod (maybe renamed legacy/ancient/whatever? the new ones should get added too.
2.) of course, should add more trypes and looks of guards too. - I'm open for ideas, and, if you send sprites, if I like them, I could just add them in too!

3.) buffs?!
While I still didn't managed to find one in the game yet, there's a thing called Bast Statue, right? which gives +5 def to every players around. Something like this could fit the guards just nearly perfect? How about (if I can get help how to code that)

- guards give a similar buff like "guarded", which adds +5 def to nearby players. this would stack with the bast statues maybe, but does not stack otherwise, so I mean if you have one guard, it gives +5 def, but if you have two, it would simply just give +5 in the area, not +10. to avoid just placing a horde of them for some crazy defense.
It still sounds like they could provide a strong defense boost along with a bast statue. They are easier to aquire though so they could be easily stationed in every towns and here and there in other places too, just as one would expect from guards? - if it's possible, they could boost town NPCs defense too, but it would be just better to have the NPCs invulnerable to attacks, via other mods (or I can try adding such in too, if I can figure out how)

- civilans doesn't seems to be very well armed to guard areas, so tematically them giving that buff sounds odd... but if they require similar things to craft, so they're not free, it sounds unbalanced, if the guards meanwhile actually provide benefits, so... how about something (no idea how to code that, I will need help with that, but, just brainstorming)
civilans add some buff like "market town" or whatever (no idea on name... XD) which provides a 5% discount in the shop of any nearby town NPC? This is a little thing early game, might be even nonexistent, but it could be nice with later game expensive stuff (or otherwise expensive, non late game stuff, like some of the traveling merchant's wares.

Sorry for the huge wall of text.
I would like to hear your opinions on these ideas!

I like the mod, the truth is that I have several ideas, I don't know if you would like to hear them, the mod I have used before and I have managed to scare my friends with some statues, I really like the mod,i hope it continues to be that good, I hope everything goes good.

I like the mod, the truth is that I have several ideas, I don't know if you would like to hear them, the mod I have used before and I have managed to scare my friends with some statues, I really like the mod,i hope it continues to be that good, I hope everything goes good.
Yes, please share your ideas! I would love to hear them!
(I'm not very good with coding, so I need help with more complex stuff, but I definitelly would love to hear ideas!)

Yes, please share your ideas! I would love to hear them!
(I'm not very good with coding, so I need help with more complex stuff, but I definitelly would love to hear ideas!)

Well, add pillar armor, add a boss-based npc from other mods, add boss-based npcs, add dyes to the statues, add npcs that sell pictures. Or add vanity sets even. Well, those were my ideas, I hope you liked them.
I know its not much.

Well, add pillar armor, add a boss-based npc from other mods, add boss-based npcs, add dyes to the statues, add npcs that sell pictures. Or add vanity sets even. Well, those were my ideas, I hope you liked them.
I know its not much.
By pillar armor, you mean guards who are wearing those armors?

What you mean by boss-based NPC?

I don't know how it would be possible to add dyes to furnitures. you can paint them with paints though. I know that's not the same, and it would worth looking into if it's possible to use dyes on furnitures, but I really don't know how that could work... because these aren't mannequins with armor...

NPCs who sell pictures... like? The painter already does that? Or you mean, the painings that can be only found in underground cabins, dungeon and underworld towers? but there are TONS of painings like those, that would be difficult to fit into the shop of an NPC. but, the idea itself is intriguing. same goes for things like statues that the player can't craft. but there are tons of those too... so that's complicated. I would need help how to have an NPC sell more than 40 things.

As for vanity sets, I do think about to make the NPCs and maybe even the guards/civilans clothes have vanity version the player can worn (obviously only for things that aren't in the game already, so, like, no point adding things like iron armor XD (though I do wonder if it would be possible to have vanilla helmets show hair? similar to some of these guards.)
But, yeah, so, I mean things like the NPCs outfits and outfits of some of the guards/civilans.
The main problem with that is, I never made armors before, so not sure how, and it seems they requite tons of sprites in their spritesheets, so that would be tons of work. I would like help with that.

Back
Top Bottom