Wacky NPCs Mod

Lol I love that you’ve already played with shoe spriting and placing them! I think the Food, Furniture, Fun mod (I’m abbreviating FFF) has some placeable boots and they’re larger than 1x1 but I forget exact dimensions.

I think placing food on plates is a newer update than what Tmodloader supports? I made a grocery store for the grocer NPC (FFF mod) and had a nice variety of placeable food from that mod, including things that wouldn’t go on plates, like milk, fruits, etc. I’d really like a bag of chips or pretzels, something snack-y in a bag. Why do I care about these things? Lol

Aha! You’ve confirmed my hypothesis that the NPC AI only allows for horizontal and upward movement!! Which, as you noted more eloquently than I’m about to, is a real pain in the a** for building and facilitating congregating. I limit myself to large floating compound builds to try to avoid NPC deaths, but that strategy limits creativity. And every once and a while a wraith will still end up inside. Grr. My most recent build I used cheat sheet and built a lava trap I can teleport to for mobs from the beginning of the game. But the trap has to be close enough to the world spawn point (at least in versions earlier than 1.4) for the goblin invasion to target the player at the trap; consequently, there’s a limitation as to how large you can make your build. I completely agree with you that NPCs should have an invincibility quality, even if it’s optional; I’ve just resisted using mods for that for some reason. Maybe it’s time to expand my horizons ha

I love the idea of working dwarves! They could be inspired by the 7 dwarves...

Fruit bowl! Yes! Def a need for that. I actually requested a fruit bowl from @GurgleNurgle and he made it!! I think it looks pretty awesome. So my fruit bowl craving will be satisfied lol I think it will be added with one of his mod’s updates, but you can see what the sprite looks like on his reddit page.

Lastly, if you’d want an idea for another full NPC, I think a gnome or fairy would be a nice fit with those additions to 1.4. I feel like the gnome and fairies aren’t super cohesive with Terraria as it is now, so a town NPC (with some dialogue referencing a back story or even the existence of such NPCs) would fill a gap. I personally think a fairy would be fun, especially if you could buy her vanity items, which would (obv) include wings in hardmode. What kind of shoes would fairies wear? Slippers? Something like point ballet shoes? Just lace socks? Glass heels? Leaf or petal shoes? Maybe could have an environmentalist aspect since the fairies come from logs and (as of now) if you get rid of the log, there’s no way to respawn it.

Also, very cool LGBTQI integration. Games are def part of culture and, I think, can be used to influence norms in some way—even if it’s just to increase awareness and exposure to ideas—or at least reinforce some movement in a progressive direction. So I guess that’s ending on a much heavier note than a fake bag of chips 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
@TerrrarianMan173
Considering guards are stationary, the only real way to aim towards with them attacking would be, to work similar to traps (e.g. dart traps for archers) however that sounds rather complicated, and probably not that very necessary. if you want to set up traps, you can do that with the vanilla things.
But, I thought that with with them giving the guarded buff, they could be more guard-like than they are right now.

@HellsBells
However those are all for updates once Tmodloader caught up. I didn't even played modded since 1.4 is out XD because there are some really awesome things in it too. looking forward to see Tmodloader catching up.

I did check FFF, but when I tried there were lots of stuff I didn't like. the looks of the various living wood variant and some of the furniture sets were just not to my like. and I remember Jack or whatever zombie spawning everywhere in huge hordes... that might been fixed since though.
There are some other awesome things in it though. but while you can ignore items you dislike, you can't really ignore monsters that mess up the spawnrates of other monsters too.

I do know what you mean though, little details like that is what can make builds more like shops and houses. they give them more colors and things.

As for NPCs, when I started playing modded, a bit later I decided on making a world where I decided I will protect my NPCs as much as I can. It has Thorium and Overhaul as main mods, and several smaller mods. My general strategy was relying on Theseus' thread, to teleport to the dungeon for boss fights, and otherwise I had no NPCs in my house, just farther (close enough for invasions to start there, but far enough to be mostly safe.) I think one goblin invasion actually killed the demilitionist once, (he's seriously an awful fighter, because of the grandes. they just roll away, and if he's cornered, he's dead pretty quick) and the blacksmith drowned himself in a pond (it took me some time to figure out how did he died) but otherwise things were alright. then came hardmode, and in overhaul, frost legion spawns crazy frequently, and one time I was in the jungle that time, and a mister stabby stabbed the witch doctor before I could even do anything. and then a bit later, the truffle managed to drown in a tiny pond WHILE autopause was ON, and I was buying/selling stuff from him. that really made me furious that such things happen despite my extra care for the NPCs, and then I was looking for some solutions, I found mods that prevents them to be killed by monsters or drown. (the wizard still freaked out from a random bat the moment I untied him, and jumped into a pond of lava though which he was not immune to...)

On vanilla, wraits are also notorious of killing NPCs even off-screen. it all takes them like 2 seconds - a bit more with melee NPCs who can actually kill a wraith 1 vs. 1 on normal. but not on expert. - and you really can't act fast enough to save them. now NPCs are also notoriously drowning themselves in ponds.
And it adds unnecessary difficulty to invasions and the like, if you want to protect you NPCs meanwhile you're trying to survive being attacked by an army of goblins or something.

All in all, I really love town NPCs (this is probably obvious XD), but their AI is awful, and they need mods to turn them invincible, so you can be sure that they will be there tomorrow too, even if pirates paid you a visit...

There could be other animated stuff too, like mining dwarves/human miners, etc.
But it wasn't really inspired by the 7 dwarves, but rather, the 2 dwarven blacksmith brothers from Link to the past, and Melari & co. (they are mountain minish, not dwarves, but still) from Minish cap, that they will repeatedly hit a sword on an anvil.

Speaking of minish, I wonder if could do anything with those...? However the player can't turn into minish sized... (in Thorium, you can turn 1 block tall with for example frog form, but while that's absolutely awesome to fit through small gaps, you still wouldn't see the world with the eyes of a minish...
Deco minish might could be added in a similar fashion as the minish here
scrshot073.jpg

And it could be fun too, to see some small guys hanging around in houses. some could be added to the cobbler's workshop too, like how Rem has 3 minish living in his workshop, helping him making shoes while he's sleeping. like in the fairy tale that inspired that.
Minish are cute afterall!

It still would be very interesting too though, if player could turn minish-sized and see things in an entirelly different view. a simple green slime would be bigger than king slime, and lots of trivial things would be likewise super dangerous, but, you could pass through tiny gaps and stuff, and there could be awesome things to discover you don't normally see or pay much attention to.

I'm aware of that mod, although I didn't tried it yet (since I didn't played modded since 1.4 is out) but there are really some awesome thing is it! Looking forward to have some of those gadgets in some modded builds!

What would a fairy NPC or gnome NPC do though? There is also actually a gnome swordsmith in a standalone mod by the way.
However the fallen logs are a concern. It would be good to have things that function the same, and can be placed (and then mined and placed elsewhere). There are for instence small deco ceramics mushroom houses in Chad'sfurni, as part of the garden gnomes' set. Someone suggested something like that too.
Or, like, other thing, to provide some decent shelter for the fairies in return for them helping you.
Like, how in Minish Cap, there is for example a minish living a small mushroom house near an empty lot near the carpenters' workshop. and then Gorman decides to build a new house there, he can let out for rent (and one of the 3 girls at the inn can move in there), and so, obviously, the random mushroom will be wiped out too. but when you visit the new house minish-sized after, the minish moved in as well and she's like "look, I got this awesome new house built for me!" XD lol

What exactly you mean by LGBTS integration? what I said about shipping Corru x Crim? XD I do think they would be a nice couple, but as of now, they don't have quotes regarding each other. maybe they should.
Or wondering about a trap waiter? Or?

Actually, I sprited a wall-mounted rainbow flag at some point because a friend thought to use it in a mod, but then that idea got abamdoned or something, I guess. if I could figure out how to code wall-mounted furnitures, I guess it could be added to this mod as well.
rainbowflag.png

it's really just a modified version of the flag from the flying duchman trophy.
if we're at it, there could be other versions too, most notably a simple while, paintable version so you could decorate the walls with fitting ones, like a red one for a throne room, or something.

Actually, I sprited a wall-mounted rainbow flag at some point because a friend thought to use it in a mod, but then that idea got abamdoned or something, I guess. if I could figure out how to code wall-mounted furnitures, I guess it could be added to this mod as well.
View attachment 286059
I've been hovering around the place, and I think wall-mounted furniture in general would be great. But yeah, if you could figure it out, that is. :D

even though this isn't a furniture mod but ok

Last edited:
I've been hovering around the place, and I think wall-mounted furniture in general would be great. But yeah, if you could figure it out, that is. :D

even though this isn't a furniture mod but ok
Well, there are a few furnitures here and there. and the guards are technically furnitures too, but, yeah, they are different.
My main target with wall mounted furnitures is shields and the like, which could be awesome deco for fortresses, so, on the line as the guards.
Or this which I wanted to add to the dwarfen set, but it gave me errors so I gave up on it until someone helps with coding these...
wallpickaxes.png

And it could be fun too, to see some small guys hanging around in houses. some could be added to the cobbler's workshop too, like how Rem has 3 minish living in his workshop, helping him making shoes while he's sleeping. like in the fairy tale that inspired that.
Minish are cute afterall!
I like the idea but I'm not sure if it's possible to make them small enough while also not looking like a bunch of pixels. The closest thing to them in the game would be the garden gnomes but I feel like they are already streaching how small something like that can be while still being recognizable

I like the idea but I'm not sure if it's possible to make them small enough while also not looking like a bunch of pixels. The closest thing to them in the game would be the garden gnomes but I feel like they are already streaching how small something like that can be while still being recognizable
That is why I posted that picture from Minish Cap, to explain the way I mean it.
So, something like this.
minish.png

or at least something on the line of this. I actually made a spritesheet for a town NPC like this around the time when sprited Corru & Crim too, but it's not used for anything.

You really can't do much with making minish both small and recognisable, but you can try to get them to work this way.

However you can't really see the world from a minish' viewpoint in terraria anyway...
or it would be only really through using teleporters and teleporting the player to a place in the map that has the same furnitures and the like, built from blocks or something. you can build gigantic furnitures from blocks afterall.
But that would be only really something for adventure maps, it wouldn't serve much purpose on a normal playthrough...

That is why I posted that picture from Minish Cap, to explain the way I mean it.
So, something like this.
View attachment 286064

or at least something on the line of this. I actually made a spritesheet for a town NPC like this around the time when sprited Corru & Crim too, but it's not used for anything.

You really can't do much with making minish both small and recognisable, but you can try to get them to work this way.

However you can't really see the world from a minish' viewpoint in terraria anyway...
or it would be only really through using teleporters and teleporting the player to a place in the map that has the same furnitures and the like, built from blocks or something. you can build gigantic furnitures from blocks afterall.
But that would be only really something for adventure maps, it wouldn't serve much purpose on a normal playthrough...
Alternativly maybe it could be fixed with some animations. For example you could have a table with a on it shoe and around it you could see some small things moving around maybe carrying a string or something. It would probably require a lot of spriting but I think it could work

Alternativly maybe it could be fixed with some animations. For example you could have a table with a on it shoe and around it you could see some small things moving around maybe carrying a string or something. It would probably require a lot of spriting but I think it could work
Yes, but without the "thought bubble"-like thing above, you really couldn't tell that's going on in there, if it's some minish carrying around a shoelace, or it's a cocroach invasion in the cobbler's workshop... XD

Minish are really way too small to sprite them in a way like that. Garden gnomes are something else, because those, depite being small are still significantly bigger. and fairies aren't much a help either, because while they are small, they appear as just a tiny glowing orb with wings.

@TerrrarianMan173
Considering guards are stationary, the only real way to aim towards with them attacking would be, to work similar to traps (e.g. dart traps for archers) however that sounds rather complicated, and probably not that very necessary. if you want to set up traps, you can do that with the vanilla things.
But, I thought that with with them giving the guarded buff, they could be more guard-like than they are right now.

@HellsBells
However those are all for updates once Tmodloader caught up. I didn't even played modded since 1.4 is out XD because there are some really awesome things in it too. looking forward to see Tmodloader catching up.

I did check FFF, but when I tried there were lots of stuff I didn't like. the looks of the various living wood variant and some of the furniture sets were just not to my like. and I remember Jack or whatever zombie spawning everywhere in huge hordes... that might been fixed since though.
There are some other awesome things in it though. but while you can ignore items you dislike, you can't really ignore monsters that mess up the spawnrates of other monsters too.

>>>>Oh yea, Jack is still spawning a dime a dozen 🙄<<<<

I do know what you mean though, little details like that is what can make builds more like shops and houses. they give them more colors and things.

As for NPCs, when I started playing modded, a bit later I decided on making a world where I decided I will protect my NPCs as much as I can. It has Thorium and Overhaul as main mods, and several smaller mods. My general strategy was relying on Theseus' thread, to teleport to the dungeon for boss fights, and otherwise I had no NPCs in my house, just farther (close enough for invasions to start there, but far enough to be mostly safe.) I think one goblin invasion actually killed the demilitionist once, (he's seriously an awful fighter, because of the grandes. they just roll away, and if he's cornered, he's dead pretty quick) and the blacksmith drowned himself in a pond (it took me some time to figure out how did he died) but otherwise things were alright. then came hardmode, and in overhaul, frost legion spawns crazy frequently, and one time I was in the jungle that time, and a mister stabby stabbed the witch doctor before I could even do anything. and then a bit later, the truffle managed to drown in a tiny pond WHILE autopause was ON, and I was buying/selling stuff from him. that really made me furious that such things happen despite my extra care for the NPCs, and then I was looking for some solutions, I found mods that prevents them to be killed by monsters or drown. (the wizard still freaked out from a random bat the moment I untied him, and jumped into a pond of lava though which he was not immune to...)

>>>>the memories!! 😂 yea finding them underground can easily be deadly- I think I had a lava incident with one I found underground. I was helpless.<<<<

On vanilla, wraits are also notorious of killing NPCs even off-screen. it all takes them like 2 seconds - a bit more with melee NPCs who can actually kill a wraith 1 vs. 1 on normal. but not on expert. - and you really can't act fast enough to save them. now NPCs are also notoriously drowning themselves in ponds.
And it adds unnecessary difficulty to invasions and the like, if you want to protect you NPCs meanwhile you're trying to survive being attacked by an army of goblins or something.

All in all, I really love town NPCs (this is probably obvious XD), but their AI is awful, and they need mods to turn them invincible, so you can be sure that they will be there tomorrow too, even if pirates paid you a visit...
>>>>haha- I love them too! Why???? Is it the cuteness?! I might never understand... haha<<<<

There could be other animated stuff too, like mining dwarves/human miners, etc.
But it wasn't really inspired by the 7 dwarves, but rather, the 2 dwarven blacksmith brothers from Link to the past, and Melari & co. (they are mountain minish, not dwarves, but still) from Minish cap, that they will repeatedly hit a sword on an anvil.

Speaking of minish, I wonder if could do anything with those...? However the player can't turn into minish sized... (in Thorium, you can turn 1 block tall with for example frog form, but while that's absolutely awesome to fit through small gaps, you still wouldn't see the world with the eyes of a minish...
Deco minish might could be added in a similar fashion as the minish here
View attachment 286060
Minish are cute after all
>>>that’s a cute idea to have lil Minish guys!<<<

It still would be very interesting too though, if player could turn minish-sized and see things in an entirelly different view. a simple green slime would be bigger than king slime, and lots of trivial things would be likewise super dangerous, but, you could pass through tiny gaps and stuff, and there could be awesome things to discover you don't normally see or pay much attention to.

>>>>reminds me of the one world in Mario64. Very cool idea, but yea seems like quite an overwhelming/impossible task<<<

I'm aware of that mod, although I didn't tried it yet (since I didn't played modded since 1.4 is out) but there are really some awesome thing is it! Looking forward to have some of those gadgets in some modded builds!

What would a fairy NPC or gnome NPC do though? There is also actually a gnome swordsmith in a standalone mod by the way.
However the fallen logs are a concern. It would be good to have things that function the same, and can be placed (and then mined and placed elsewhere). There are for instence small deco ceramics mushroom houses in Chad'sfurni, as part of the garden gnomes' set. Someone suggested something like that too.
Or, like, other thing, to provide some decent shelter for the fairies in return for them helping you.

>>>>that’s a good idea! Ive gotten into building with NPC’s in mind more than typical game play, so I wasn't thinking in terms of functionality as much as additional fitting characters. I think with some brainstorming that they could be developed to doing or selling something relevant. I like your fairy idea; other ideas might be something related to light sources or an accessory that increases light/brightness when equipped, something related to wings- even if only a few new types of wings, or something related to their “treasure skills,” or maybe special fairy dust that has some kind of buff or effect. I actually haven’t actually played 1.4 using any of the gnome aspects, so I’m lacking with ideas. Maybe what they do is related to smallness, such as selling small items- a 1x1 chest/box (for decorating on table tops or shelves), half (or less) value health potions that have their own time countdown, something that shrinks the player, or maybe it could sell gardening items, a gnome hat, food that attracts critters and they follow you (no use- just fun/cute). I haven’t thought these through, just ideas off the top of my head, so they’re likely lacking but might be inspiration points?<<<<

Like, how in Minish Cap, there is for example a minish living a small mushroom house near an empty lot near the carpenters' workshop. and then Gorman decides to build a new house there, he can let out for rent (and one of the 3 girls at the inn can move in there), and so, obviously, the random mushroom will be wiped out too. but when you visit the new house minish-sized after, the minish moved in as well and she's like "look, I got this awesome new house built for me!" XD lol

>>>>very cute!! You could buy mini building items to construct a mini house for him, then when he moves in, he could sell different items or provide a spell/food/etc that makes the player smaller or turns them into a gnome.<<<<

What exactly you mean by LGBTS integration? what I said about shipping Corru x Crim? XD I do think they would be a nice couple, but as of now, they don't have quotes regarding each other. maybe they should.
Or wondering about a trap waiter? Or?

>>>>I thought the character with the sprite that looks like a cute little girl (not Crim or Corru) was referred to as “he,” so I thought it was a transgender/nonbinary incorporation...oops!<<<<

View attachment 286059
it's really just a modified version of the flag from the flying duchman trophy.
if we're at it, there could be other versions too, most notably a simple while, paintable version so you could decorate the walls with fitting ones, like a red one for a throne room, or something.
>>>>>I like the flag ideas- both rainbow and paintable. It would also be cool to have a flag you post on top of a block like a flag on top of a castle. I don’t think it would have to blow in the wind...<<<<

I responded in the quoted section bc I couldn’t remember everything to respond to, so look for “>>>>>” in the above quote :)

Last edited:
@HellsBells
Huh, I wonder how come I didn't respond to this. maybe the slightly unusual formatting confused me, or I was busy when seen it, and then forgotten about it XD

But as for the minish idea, not sure about such a town NPC, or getting the player minish sized. It probably would be too difficult to code. I mean, the player definitely can turn smaller, as we seen in Thorium (like frog form) and it's a big difference regarding being able to fit through small gaps, but otherwise the world looks the same...

As for LGBTs, the character I sprited the waiter idea after is a crossdressing boy, yes. Still didn't watched Blend S though, so don't know much about him XD
The wall flags could be awesome too, but I do think about other flags too (but no idea how to code such) some flags that move in the wind - similarly to the small golf-flags, just bigger - would be super awesome!

---------

Some new random ideas

Possible new NPCs

Fortune teller
Just something kinda out of the blue, but the design might could look like the traveling gypsy woman stationary NPC, just with maybe gray hair, and maybe slightly different colors for clothes?
Might could be a traveling merchant-like NPC who randomly visits. (if coders help how to get that to work) - or could move in (or have two variants, one that visits at random pre-hardmode and one that moves in hardmode. or something)

Might could have an ability to tell your luck, similar to the wizard - but being a pre-hardmode NPC, wouldn't locks that info totally to hardmode. (but she visits at random, so still not available all the time)

maybe could sell some luck-related items, like garden gnomes, ladybugs, etc., but if she does so, then these should use some special, rare currency too, to not make it super overpowered.

if not an old traveling gypsy, then could have other designs, like some gold and silver adorned oracle, or some mysterious mage, or whatever.

Flann...?
A very random idea, purely based on my crimson challange playthrough, and that I posted about it here, so, some might would find her interesting and a sort of easter egg. Something like a skeleton merchant type NPC you can encounter randomly in the crimson. no idea what she would do or sell though XD - and dunno what about a corruption counterpart...?
She might could sell luck-related items or dunno. (but then that would be very similar to the fortune teller, so no point of that)

Lunatic Cultist...?
Another very random idea that occured to me, when thought about Pokémon games villain team bosses and the fact that Terraria official lore seems to tell that the big boss behind the scenes is the Lunatic Cultist. (not related to all stuffs, but related to several of the bosses)

Yet, when comparing to some other villains, he only shows up the time you actually fight him, and there's no indicator about him, or the dungeon coven even existing prior to post-golem, when the cultists appear at the dungeon entrance (not counting the achievement for lunatic cultist which hints for his existence XD)

So... what about something like... a maybe purely (or mostly) cosmetic traveling-merchant type NPC who ocassionally visits? Looks like the lunatic cultist, and talks about stuff hinting about later events.
His attitude could change with game progression. First, he might just talks to the crowd, trying to recruit people for his dungeon coven - it also makes me wonder if he is very strong at the start, or he grown stronger while the player does so too. if the old man/clothier is the former leader of the dungeon coven, then by the time the player appears in a world (or by the time they reach the dungeon to confirm it) lunatic cultist is already the leader, after overthrown the old man in that role... I think? (or was the old man not the former boss, just a former member?) but it doesn't tells if he's as strong as when you actually fight him, or just somewhat strong.

Anyway, so, at first, maybe he would just talk to the crowd. "Join the dungeon coven, and you will be able to bask in the glory of the new world we'll make!" or such. sheesy, cliché more intelligent sorta villain rhetoric stuff?
After player defeated EoC/maybe some other bosses too, his attitude might changes in a way that he'll try to recruit the player directly, being aware of their talent and power.
he might also thank them for releasing the sealed spirits of light and dark (defeating WoF) which will help them a lot as well - if we consider that the mech bosses and stuff only appear after that (normally).
And his attitude could change again late game maybe to try to scare away/persuade the player from interfering with their ritual - while also expressing his sorrow over the player didn't join them.
Wonder if he appears after the player defeated the lunatic cultist boss, what his attitude would be like...?

Anyway, this one wouldn't likely serve any purpose, just being purely for a little ambience, that the big bad was there all along. (if he is just a treviling merchant type NPC, he won't take up housing slots to begin with)

It also could be a very interesting idea if the player actually could join the dungeon coven, but that's a very complex idea probably that doesn't really sounds fitting for this mod, but more to some big content mods.

Critters...?

Another idea I was wondering about before (but again something I need help with... if anyone good with coding wanna join......?) - this also would need knowledge on spawnrates and stuff too, to optimalise these.
Originally I had the ideas of "crimket" - based on the quote of the crimson fangirl - and something like "eater of dirt" which is a corruption counterpart, though they're different.
so...

Crimket
A crimson red variant of grasshopper. behaves the same, but spawns only in the crimson.
or, maybe it works different, I will return to it later.

Eater of dirt
A corrupt, purple dirtworm. behaves like other worm critters, but spawns in the corruption.

These ideas originally come part of that idea (that was discarded since, I guess) when thought that the professor would be a skeleton merchant like NPC for the surface, spawning at random, and since he's selling mostly insects, he would needed critters to research (and sell) in the evil biomes too, in case he would randomly spawned there.
Plus these biomes lacks critters (although some mod adds at least one-one, like the blood lurker, and what is the name of the other critter? that thing that absorbs sunlight with its huge eye...)
When played the crimson challange, it was even more obvious, that there are no critters in vanilla evil biomes, so it could be nice if there would be some. there could be more too, not just some incects/worms, but for start, these could be interesting too.

these would function as bait and stuff, and might be immune to monster attacks, to not end up getting killed before the player could even try to catch them.

But then thinking more of critters and luck, I had some more ideas

Cricket.
A gray/black variant of the grasshopper. But, I think it would have the bird AI instead. it spawns at night in the purity forest (and maybe some other biomes like the hallow), and makes cricket chirping sounds when iddle (like how birds chirp too) making it a bit easier to notice. When approached, it flies away, like birds do.
It shares similar characteristics with ladybugs, giving luck bonus when touched. They can be caught with a bug net like most critters. They can be used as bait, but give bad luck in that case or if player kills them (like ladybugs do).
However, to balance the fact that they're harder to catch and utilise than ladybugs (because these will try to fly away if approached/released, not just loiter around like a ladybug)
They can be crafted into cricket cages with wood (or dynasty wood? or bamboo? what would be the most fitting?) - inspired by the lucky cricket in Mulan - these are furnitures that can be placed and/or hung from the ceiling and provide a similar sort of stationary area luck bonus like garden gnomes do - it probably should stack with garden gnomes as well (but not with other cricket cages.)
As a novelty little thing, the cricket cage might could also make cricket chirping noises when right clicked or something.

And this is why I said to return to the Crimket idea. alternatively the Crimket could be a crimson variant of the Cricket, having the same bird AI and all, just makes different noises (the Crimkets were inspired by those distorted somewhat bug/cricket-like noises in the surface crimson's music. can't explain it well, but if you listen to it, you maybe understand which sounds I mean) so, maybe the crimket would make those noises when iddle.
it might can be crafted into crimket cages that do the same as cricket cages (and probably doesn't stack with them)

this would mean the need for a 3rd cricket for corruption for balance, so what about... a... locust? "eater of crops"? though I don't know if locust chirp? but they might would fit to the corruption. or maybe something else.
which would behave exactly the same as other crickets, just being unique to corruption biome.

in that case, the the crimson might needs a worm-type critter as well, so maybe something fitting there would be something like ground leech. a red/black crimson variant of the worm. makes nice bait.

the professor probably would be overjoyed to research these new critters too XD lol

I'm curious of others' opinion on these!
@Quba (ping-ed you, since you interact perticularly a lot with this tread)

@HellsBells
Huh, I wonder how come I didn't respond to this. maybe the slightly unusual formatting confused me, or I was busy when seen it, and then forgotten about it XD

But as for the minish idea, not sure about such a town NPC, or getting the player minish sized. It probably would be too difficult to code. I mean, the player definitely can turn smaller, as we seen in Thorium (like frog form) and it's a big difference regarding being able to fit through small gaps, but otherwise the world looks the same...

As for LGBTs, the character I sprited the waiter idea after is a crossdressing boy, yes. Still didn't watched Blend S though, so don't know much about him XD
The wall flags could be awesome too, but I do think about other flags too (but no idea how to code such) some flags that move in the wind - similarly to the small golf-flags, just bigger - would be super awesome!

---------

Some new random ideas

Possible new NPCs

Fortune teller
Just something kinda out of the blue, but the design might could look like the traveling gypsy woman stationary NPC, just with maybe gray hair, and maybe slightly different colors for clothes?
Might could be a traveling merchant-like NPC who randomly visits. (if coders help how to get that to work) - or could move in (or have two variants, one that visits at random pre-hardmode and one that moves in hardmode. or something)

Might could have an ability to tell your luck, similar to the wizard - but being a pre-hardmode NPC, wouldn't locks that info totally to hardmode. (but she visits at random, so still not available all the time)

maybe could sell some luck-related items, like garden gnomes, ladybugs, etc., but if she does so, then these should use some special, rare currency too, to not make it super overpowered.

if not an old traveling gypsy, then could have other designs, like some gold and silver adorned oracle, or some mysterious mage, or whatever.

Flann...?
A very random idea, purely based on my crimson challange playthrough, and that I posted about it here, so, some might would find her interesting and a sort of easter egg. Something like a skeleton merchant type NPC you can encounter randomly in the crimson. no idea what she would do or sell though XD - and dunno what about a corruption counterpart...?
She might could sell luck-related items or dunno. (but then that would be very similar to the fortune teller, so no point of that)

Lunatic Cultist...?
Another very random idea that occured to me, when thought about Pokémon games villain team bosses and the fact that Terraria official lore seems to tell that the big boss behind the scenes is the Lunatic Cultist. (not related to all stuffs, but related to several of the bosses)

Yet, when comparing to some other villains, he only shows up the time you actually fight him, and there's no indicator about him, or the dungeon coven even existing prior to post-golem, when the cultists appear at the dungeon entrance (not counting the achievement for lunatic cultist which hints for his existence XD)

So... what about something like... a maybe purely (or mostly) cosmetic traveling-merchant type NPC who ocassionally visits? Looks like the lunatic cultist, and talks about stuff hinting about later events.
His attitude could change with game progression. First, he might just talks to the crowd, trying to recruit people for his dungeon coven - it also makes me wonder if he is very strong at the start, or he grown stronger while the player does so too. if the old man/clothier is the former leader of the dungeon coven, then by the time the player appears in a world (or by the time they reach the dungeon to confirm it) lunatic cultist is already the leader, after overthrown the old man in that role... I think? (or was the old man not the former boss, just a former member?) but it doesn't tells if he's as strong as when you actually fight him, or just somewhat strong.

Anyway, so, at first, maybe he would just talk to the crowd. "Join the dungeon coven, and you will be able to bask in the glory of the new world we'll make!" or such. sheesy, cliché more intelligent sorta villain rhetoric stuff?
After player defeated EoC/maybe some other bosses too, his attitude might changes in a way that he'll try to recruit the player directly, being aware of their talent and power.
he might also thank them for releasing the sealed spirits of light and dark (defeating WoF) which will help them a lot as well - if we consider that the mech bosses and stuff only appear after that (normally).
And his attitude could change again late game maybe to try to scare away/persuade the player from interfering with their ritual - while also expressing his sorrow over the player didn't join them.
Wonder if he appears after the player defeated the lunatic cultist boss, what his attitude would be like...?

Anyway, this one wouldn't likely serve any purpose, just being purely for a little ambience, that the big bad was there all along. (if he is just a treviling merchant type NPC, he won't take up housing slots to begin with)

It also could be a very interesting idea if the player actually could join the dungeon coven, but that's a very complex idea probably that doesn't really sounds fitting for this mod, but more to some big content mods.

Critters...?

Another idea I was wondering about before (but again something I need help with... if anyone good with coding wanna join......?) - this also would need knowledge on spawnrates and stuff too, to optimalise these.
Originally I had the ideas of "crimket" - based on the quote of the crimson fangirl - and something like "eater of dirt" which is a corruption counterpart, though they're different.
so...

Crimket
A crimson red variant of grasshopper. behaves the same, but spawns only in the crimson.
or, maybe it works different, I will return to it later.

Eater of dirt
A corrupt, purple dirtworm. behaves like other worm critters, but spawns in the corruption.

These ideas originally come part of that idea (that was discarded since, I guess) when thought that the professor would be a skeleton merchant like NPC for the surface, spawning at random, and since he's selling mostly insects, he would needed critters to research (and sell) in the evil biomes too, in case he would randomly spawned there.
Plus these biomes lacks critters (although some mod adds at least one-one, like the blood lurker, and what is the name of the other critter? that thing that absorbs sunlight with its huge eye...)
When played the crimson challange, it was even more obvious, that there are no critters in vanilla evil biomes, so it could be nice if there would be some. there could be more too, not just some incects/worms, but for start, these could be interesting too.

these would function as bait and stuff, and might be immune to monster attacks, to not end up getting killed before the player could even try to catch them.

But then thinking more of critters and luck, I had some more ideas

Cricket.
A gray/black variant of the grasshopper. But, I think it would have the bird AI instead. it spawns at night in the purity forest (and maybe some other biomes like the hallow), and makes cricket chirping sounds when iddle (like how birds chirp too) making it a bit easier to notice. When approached, it flies away, like birds do.
It shares similar characteristics with ladybugs, giving luck bonus when touched. They can be caught with a bug net like most critters. They can be used as bait, but give bad luck in that case or if player kills them (like ladybugs do).
However, to balance the fact that they're harder to catch and utilise than ladybugs (because these will try to fly away if approached/released, not just loiter around like a ladybug)
They can be crafted into cricket cages with wood (or dynasty wood? or bamboo? what would be the most fitting?) - inspired by the lucky cricket in Mulan - these are furnitures that can be placed and/or hung from the ceiling and provide a similar sort of stationary area luck bonus like garden gnomes do - it probably should stack with garden gnomes as well (but not with other cricket cages.)
As a novelty little thing, the cricket cage might could also make cricket chirping noises when right clicked or something.

And this is why I said to return to the Crimket idea. alternatively the Crimket could be a crimson variant of the Cricket, having the same bird AI and all, just makes different noises (the Crimkets were inspired by those distorted somewhat bug/cricket-like noises in the surface crimson's music. can't explain it well, but if you listen to it, you maybe understand which sounds I mean) so, maybe the crimket would make those noises when iddle.
it might can be crafted into crimket cages that do the same as cricket cages (and probably doesn't stack with them)

this would mean the need for a 3rd cricket for corruption for balance, so what about... a... locust? "eater of crops"? though I don't know if locust chirp? but they might would fit to the corruption. or maybe something else.
which would behave exactly the same as other crickets, just being unique to corruption biome.

in that case, the the crimson might needs a worm-type critter as well, so maybe something fitting there would be something like ground leech. a red/black crimson variant of the worm. makes nice bait.

the professor probably would be overjoyed to research these new critters too XD lol

I'm curious of others' opinion on these!
@Quba (ping-ed you, since you interact perticularly a lot with this tread)
I like the idea of a fortune teller but I'm not sure if there's enough stuff to make them a full NPC. Telling luck isn't a big thing it could probably solved with an accesory like the Fisherman's Pocket Guide and the only luck effecting things in the game are torches (which wouldn't really make sense to sell), Luck potions (maybe she could sell certian tiers after some bosses ?), Gnomes, Ladybugs and Lantern nights (maybe she could have an item that makes one happen ?). If she were to be implemented I deffinitly feel that making her apperence random would be bad. In my current playthrough I'm waiting for the Traveling Merchant to show up but his 22.12% chance to show up feels like a 5% chance so I fear that something simmilar could happen to many people wanting to buy stuff from her.

I think that Flann is a good idea even if all she did was telling some dialouge reffrencing her adventures it would still be a nice easter egg but if she had to sell stuff maybe she could sell stuff reffrencing them, for example one of the things I rememmber from Flann's was luck so maybe she could sell you some gnomes and ladybugs she caught or some Sauteed Frog Legs since it was what she ate the most or maybe also some of her old equipment like her katana or ruby staff (maybe if possible they would always be lucky when you buy them) they wouldn't be really usefull later in the game but I still think it would be a nice easter egg. Also I don't think a Corruption counterpart is neccesery it could be explained that she is travelling around the world right now and she was interested in Corruption due to many diffrences and yet simmilarities with crimson.

Don't have a lot to say about the Lunatic Cultist idea, maybe it could work but I'm not sure. Also where did you get that piece of information about the Old Man/Clothier being a part of the Dungeon Conven ? As far as I know all that we know about his past is that he was cursed.

I really like the ideas for the critters especially Eater of Dirt and Cricket cages (also I think that dynasty wood would fit in better)

Thanks for the ping. This is honestly one of my favorite terraria mods so I'm glad if I can at least contribiute in this way.

Also I have a small question. From what I heard in 1.4.1 Mana Regeneration Band and Panic Necklece will finally be given a way to craft them in Crimson/Corruption worlds. Will you remove those items from the fangirls or will they get to keep them ?

Last edited:
@Quba
You're always giving useful feedback and ideas, so I'm glad you are following the thread! You're definitelly contibuting a lot!

As for the fortune teller, yes, I agree about the fisherman's pocket guide - I did said something very similar in another thread regarding the wizard's ability about that. but such an item also could be sold, I guess.
Excluding lantern nights, the other things could be easily sold, and players can have trouble finding them in worlds that didn't generated with their main source, so you would have to make them yourself (oasis) or just accept they're missing (living trees). selling luck affecting things for money would be unbalanced though.

I do agree on the "traveling merchant-like" NPCs come with that drawback, that sometimes they just never spawn, or are very rare... that can be a problem indeed...

Speaking of luck though, I also wonder about other things, like other items/accessories that affect luck. for example four leaf clovers. such things could be interesting too. also thought of something like luck medalion or such. such things might could be sold by Flann, if she would be added.

Or an other approach could be to reference her without actually adding her as an NPC, something like Flann's pendant, or Flann figurine or something, like either a deco furniture (which might works like a garden gnome) or an accessory can can be equipped to raise luck.

Also, on the frog leg, I had this random minor idea like something like "crimson spice mix" or something, or maybe something entirelly different, like a placeable additional crafting station for cooking pot (and the like) like "Flann's recipe book" XD lol which allows to make a lvl 3 food from frog, instead of the lvl 2 sauteed frog legs.
if there's such a thing, it might could be sold by Flann (if she's added as an actual NPC) or might be added to the shop of the crimson kitchen barkeep - since he's also crimson-related XD

The lunatic cultist probably would serve no purpose, just be a bit of an ambience. he wouldn't even really be a hint, because almost everyone playing modded already completed the game at least once before that. but it still could be interesting, like how the big bad boss in several pokémon games appear several times, be it team rocket, magma, aqua, galactic, plasma or whatever else XD

I don't remember where I read that, but I think some NPCs have quotes like that...? It was also him who thrown the mechanic in the dungeon. and the 3 (4) mech bosses were made by her according to lore, I think. which were done for the dungeon coven - because they wanted to use them in ways regarding resurrecting ctulhu. or something. so, if the mechanic was forced to work for the dungeon coven (with lunatic cultist as its boss) and it was the clothier captured her or something, it means that the clothier was part of the coven. ...right?
the curse on him is something else though, wonder when was he cursed. and by who.

the dungeon itself is cursed in some way, as its denizens used to be humans or something long ago but now are cursed with undeath (according to bestiary) - there are also other dungeon enemies that were most likely heroes or similar in their life who wandered into the dungeon in hope of looting it, but died some way and the dungeon used their reanimated corpses to just raise even more soldiers. paladins for instence were likely actually some holy knights, but those in the dungeon are long dead and fallen (I'm assuming it's a skeleton or other undead inside the bulky and impressive armor). the SWAT-like units are also most likely (largely based on their bestiary entries) were some elite commando that was sent to clear the dungeon or something at some point, but they ended up dying and their corpses fight on the dungeon's side now.

But, I don't think the dungeon coven really does much with all that, I think they just relatively recently moved in and just using it (or the upper levels that aren't infested by cursed angry skeletons) as their main base of operation.

We could even try to think about some complex explanations (but it's just silly theories) like
the lunar robes protect the cultists from the curse - to some extent at least - which might be part why the boss wears a mask, because it actually protects him more than the goons, because he doesn't cares all that much, about them, just a bit. (the mask also covers his face to hide his identity too.)
the clothier was part of the coven - maybe the former boss - it can be the lunatic cultist was his right hand man or something who actually plotted stuff, but the clothier done some of the stuff like the kidnapping of the mechanic. then at some point, LC did a coup in the coven, and exiled the clothier. it could been it was him cursing the old man, or if he was forced to took off his lunar robe, he might been cursed by the same forces that cursed the skeletons. although he's not a skeleton, so dunno. or is he and skeletron the same thing?
but it's just a bunch of theories that serve no real purpose, just thinking about lore and stuff. interesting, but that's pretty much its only purpose. official lore seems to be even controversial sometimes, like how the steampunker doesn't knows how the cyborg works (her quotes) despite the bestiary of the cyborg states she was part of the team who built him.

Yeah right? those critters could be interesting. and I agree that dynasty wood would be the most fitting, it just brings up the problem what you said, that sometimes traveling merchant just doesn't wants to visit... XD

As for the band of starpower/panic necklace, I think they still should be stay in their shops, because even if you can craft them from each other, they're still are drops dependant on RNG, and you could have awful "luck" with it, to smash several orbs/hearts and still don't get them.

@Quba
You're always giving useful feedback and ideas, so I'm glad you are following the thread! You're definitelly contibuting a lot!

As for the fortune teller, yes, I agree about the fisherman's pocket guide - I did said something very similar in another thread regarding the wizard's ability about that. but such an item also could be sold, I guess.
Excluding lantern nights, the other things could be easily sold, and players can have trouble finding them in worlds that didn't generated with their main source, so you would have to make them yourself (oasis) or just accept they're missing (living trees). selling luck affecting things for money would be unbalanced though.

I do agree on the "traveling merchant-like" NPCs come with that drawback, that sometimes they just never spawn, or are very rare... that can be a problem indeed...

Speaking of luck though, I also wonder about other things, like other items/accessories that affect luck. for example four leaf clovers. such things could be interesting too. also thought of something like luck medalion or such. such things might could be sold by Flann, if she would be added.

Or an other approach could be to reference her without actually adding her as an NPC, something like Flann's pendant, or Flann figurine or something, like either a deco furniture (which might works like a garden gnome) or an accessory can can be equipped to raise luck.

Also, on the frog leg, I had this random minor idea like something like "crimson spice mix" or something, or maybe something entirelly different, like a placeable additional crafting station for cooking pot (and the like) like "Flann's recipe book" XD lol which allows to make a lvl 3 food from frog, instead of the lvl 2 sauteed frog legs.
if there's such a thing, it might could be sold by Flann (if she's added as an actual NPC) or might be added to the shop of the crimson kitchen barkeep - since he's also crimson-related XD

The lunatic cultist probably would serve no purpose, just be a bit of an ambience. he wouldn't even really be a hint, because almost everyone playing modded already completed the game at least once before that. but it still could be interesting, like how the big bad boss in several pokémon games appear several times, be it team rocket, magma, aqua, galactic, plasma or whatever else XD

I don't remember where I read that, but I think some NPCs have quotes like that...? It was also him who thrown the mechanic in the dungeon. and the 3 (4) mech bosses were made by her according to lore, I think. which were done for the dungeon coven - because they wanted to use them in ways regarding resurrecting ctulhu. or something. so, if the mechanic was forced to work for the dungeon coven (with lunatic cultist as its boss) and it was the clothier captured her or something, it means that the clothier was part of the coven. ...right?
the curse on him is something else though, wonder when was he cursed. and by who.

the dungeon itself is cursed in some way, as its denizens used to be humans or something long ago but now are cursed with undeath (according to bestiary) - there are also other dungeon enemies that were most likely heroes or similar in their life who wandered into the dungeon in hope of looting it, but died some way and the dungeon used their reanimated corpses to just raise even more soldiers. paladins for instence were likely actually some holy knights, but those in the dungeon are long dead and fallen (I'm assuming it's a skeleton or other undead inside the bulky and impressive armor). the SWAT-like units are also most likely (largely based on their bestiary entries) were some elite commando that was sent to clear the dungeon or something at some point, but they ended up dying and their corpses fight on the dungeon's side now.

But, I don't think the dungeon coven really does much with all that, I think they just relatively recently moved in and just using it (or the upper levels that aren't infested by cursed angry skeletons) as their main base of operation.

We could even try to think about some complex explanations (but it's just silly theories) like
the lunar robes protect the cultists from the curse - to some extent at least - which might be part why the boss wears a mask, because it actually protects him more than the goons, because he doesn't cares all that much, about them, just a bit. (the mask also covers his face to hide his identity too.)
the clothier was part of the coven - maybe the former boss - it can be the lunatic cultist was his right hand man or something who actually plotted stuff, but the clothier done some of the stuff like the kidnapping of the mechanic. then at some point, LC did a coup in the coven, and exiled the clothier. it could been it was him cursing the old man, or if he was forced to took off his lunar robe, he might been cursed by the same forces that cursed the skeletons. although he's not a skeleton, so dunno. or is he and skeletron the same thing?
but it's just a bunch of theories that serve no real purpose, just thinking about lore and stuff. interesting, but that's pretty much its only purpose. official lore seems to be even controversial sometimes, like how the steampunker doesn't knows how the cyborg works (her quotes) despite the bestiary of the cyborg states she was part of the team who built him.

Yeah right? those critters could be interesting. and I agree that dynasty wood would be the most fitting, it just brings up the problem what you said, that sometimes traveling merchant just doesn't wants to visit... XD

As for the band of starpower/panic necklace, I think they still should be stay in their shops, because even if you can craft them from each other, they're still are drops dependant on RNG, and you could have awful "luck" with it, to smash several orbs/hearts and still don't get them.
I didn't think about adding some more luck stuff but now that you say it it would probably make a lot more sense to make an NPC like the Fortune teller. I also came up with some ideas for luck stuff if you do decide to make her an NPC.
  • The Royal Flush - Either an accessorie that gives you luck or maybe it could be a weapon that makes you throw cards and if you hit something you get a temporary buff to your luck
  • Rabbit's Foot - A simple accessorie that give's you luck
  • A fixed mirror - A furniture item that gives you luck if you're close to it or if you run past it, also I have an idea for a desciption ''If breaking a mirror gives you bad luck fixing one does the opposite right ?''
  • A white cat - It wouldn't do anything special, it would just be a normal pet

• A fixed mirror - A furniture item that gives you luck if you're close to it or if you run past it, also I have an idea for a desciption ''If breaking a mirror gives you bad luck fixing one does the opposite right ?''

How would you dismount the mirror? o_O

Kind of a joke, but I dunno, the tooltip explicitly mentions the breaking a mirror thing...

All in all, nice ideas, I don't play PC but I think more +luck things will be really useful.

How would you dismount the mirror? o_O

Kind of a joke, but I dunno, the tooltip explicitly mentions the breaking a mirror thing...

All in all, nice ideas, I don't play PC but I think more +luck things will be really useful.
I don't really understand ? It would just be a thing you place in the background like a painting not a mount.

@Quba
Sounds interesting, though some of them sounds quite complex. I think there was something like rabbit foot in Overhaul or something, though it added some ability to bunny hop, or dunno, and not luck (since 1.4 is not on T-modloader anyway)

I wonder what else is associated with luck? four leaf clover and stuff, horseshoe as well, but that's already in the game and does something different. there are all sorts of lucky charms hmm... like lucky bamboo or dunno...
wonder what could we actually use here. and to not make things too overpowered XD because of all these things stack, you could get ridicolous luck stats XD (or if there is a cap to it, then past that, it wouldn't affect anything if you have more of these gadgets...)

Also, thinking more on the Flann figurine idea, I thought of something really silly. - this could work even better if figurines/plushies would be implemented too.
What if the crimson kitchen barkeep (him, because he's more niche and might be harder to find than the waiter. plus, crimson themed) would sell something like Happy Meal (lol XD) like... I dunno, "CrimDonald's box" or "BurgenCrim box" or something silly like that, on the crimson theme. for restaurant vouchers, of course.
It would be a grab-bag like the mystery bento, but instead of 1 random food, it could have like
1 fries (guaranted), 1 burger or nuget (either but not both. burger is lvl 3, nugget is lvl 2, so they're quite different) and 1 random crimson figurine (face monster, crimera, blood crawler, whatever, or a Flann figurine. the monster figurines work like banners, as in the idea about them before, but the Flann figurine boosts luck instead, like a garden gnome. this would make it possibly very rare, but might be an interesting easter egg XD

this also brings up the question about corruption counterparts though. There might be no need for another odd restaurant, but there might could be some corruption themed thing too, that can be found in a world and offers some rare and interesting gadgets. if the corrupt monsters have plushies instead of figurines, then it might be something along that...? I dunno... the core problem is, that the corruption lacks any human-like monsters...

@Quba
Sounds interesting, though some of them sounds quite complex. I think there was something like rabbit foot in Overhaul or something, though it added some ability to bunny hop, or dunno, and not luck (since 1.4 is not on T-modloader anyway)

I wonder what else is associated with luck? four leaf clover and stuff, horseshoe as well, but that's already in the game and does something different. there are all sorts of lucky charms hmm... like lucky bamboo or dunno...
wonder what could we actually use here. and to not make things too overpowered XD because of all these things stack, you could get ridicolous luck stats XD (or if there is a cap to it, then past that, it wouldn't affect anything if you have more of these gadgets...)

Also, thinking more on the Flann figurine idea, I thought of something really silly. - this could work even better if figurines/plushies would be implemented too.
What if the crimson kitchen barkeep (him, because he's more niche and might be harder to find than the waiter. plus, crimson themed) would sell something like Happy Meal (lol XD) like... I dunno, "CrimDonald's box" or "BurgenCrim box" or something silly like that, on the crimson theme. for restaurant vouchers, of course.
It would be a grab-bag like the mystery bento, but instead of 1 random food, it could have like
1 fries (guaranted), 1 burger or nuget (either but not both. burger is lvl 3, nugget is lvl 2, so they're quite different) and 1 random crimson figurine (face monster, crimera, blood crawler, whatever, or a Flann figurine. the monster figurines work like banners, as in the idea about them before, but the Flann figurine boosts luck instead, like a garden gnome. this would make it possibly very rare, but might be an interesting easter egg XD

this also brings up the question about corruption counterparts though. There might be no need for another odd restaurant, but there might could be some corruption themed thing too, that can be found in a world and offers some rare and interesting gadgets. if the corrupt monsters have plushies instead of figurines, then it might be something along that...? I dunno... the core problem is, that the corruption lacks any human-like monsters...
I like the idea, it would fit in with the already weird atmosphere of the place. I don't think that there needs be a corruption version of the restaurant, just having the crimson version is enough in my opinion. I think that there should be either two boxes, one for Corruption and one for Crimson, or the box should contain both (maybe Crimson enemies would be more likely in a Crimson world and vice versa for Corruption enemies in a Corruption world)

I don't really understand ? It would just be a thing you place in the background like a painting not a mount.
I meant "dismount" as "remove", the word is infrequently used as such. Sorry 'bout the confusion ;)

Well... Not much to say here. A plush slimer, corrupt slime, eater of souls or corruptor would be cute, but worm type enemies in a plushie? Ew. If not a restaurant for the items, what then? Just askin'.

@Quba
Yeah, right? it sounds weird and funny XD lol

There might be no real need for another restaurant, and he could sell corruption themed stuff too, it's rather that it's obviously crimson themed, which is cool, but would be nice to have something for corruption too. not a restaurant, but some other structure.

@The True Destroyer
Well, it might be not cuteness we have in mind when see a worm XD but it's just to add for the wackiness. also, I read some quote somewhere like "anything can be cute, even an axe, as long as it has a cute face and stuff" XD

Well, not restaurant. but on the line of plushies... maybe like a weaver's workshop, or a toy shop or something... I don't know. XD
The problem is that there's no corrupt monsters that would resemble a human. (there are festering walkers in Thorium but that's something else. I also don't know if I ever seen those, maybe because walking monsters would have trouble in the landscape of the corruption (which is probably why vanilla corruption doesn't feature walking monsters there))

so... any ideas on that...? XD

Also, another silly random idea on the line of the mimic merchant. - so this would be needed to have a friendly, stationary AI too.
Mysterious Vending Machine.
Something like a wending machine that spawns randomly underground. sells some food/drinks/dunno.
A sort of odd thing to run into XD like, you go around the caverns and "poof" a vending machine. XD lol
I dunno. XD
the only problem with such is, that these could, like any merchants NPCs, buy your trash, so these would be more useful for that, rather than supplying you with anything useful. just like how the sketeon merchant ends up with random adventurers selling him 3 blinkroots, 2 blinkroot seeds, 20 granite blocks, 2 rally, 150 dirt blocks, and... XD lol
so, this sort of thing might be unbalanced and unnecessary.

(you can make NPCs unable to buy stuff from you, if you fill up their shop to the brim (Tavernkeep) but most NPCs won't sell 40 items, there's usually no need for that. especially not for such things like a random vending machine XD
naturally, an alternative appoach could be adding an useless "placeholder" item like "N/A", and fill up the empty slots with that, but I don't really know about that either)

@Quba
Yeah, right? it sounds weird and funny XD lol

There might be no real need for another restaurant, and he could sell corruption themed stuff too, it's rather that it's obviously crimson themed, which is cool, but would be nice to have something for corruption too. not a restaurant, but some other structure.

@The True Destroyer
Well, it might be not cuteness we have in mind when see a worm XD but it's just to add for the wackiness. also, I read some quote somewhere like "anything can be cute, even an axe, as long as it has a cute face and stuff" XD

Well, not restaurant. but on the line of plushies... maybe like a weaver's workshop, or a toy shop or something... I don't know. XD
The problem is that there's no corrupt monsters that would resemble a human. (there are festering walkers in Thorium but that's something else. I also don't know if I ever seen those, maybe because walking monsters would have trouble in the landscape of the corruption (which is probably why vanilla corruption doesn't feature walking monsters there))

so... any ideas on that...? XD

Also, another silly random idea on the line of the mimic merchant. - so this would be needed to have a friendly, stationary AI too.
Mysterious Vending Machine.
Something like a wending machine that spawns randomly underground. sells some food/drinks/dunno.
A sort of odd thing to run into XD like, you go around the caverns and "poof" a vending machine. XD lol
I dunno. XD
the only problem with such is, that these could, like any merchants NPCs, buy your trash, so these would be more useful for that, rather than supplying you with anything useful. just like how the sketeon merchant ends up with random adventurers selling him 3 blinkroots, 2 blinkroot seeds, 20 granite blocks, 2 rally, 150 dirt blocks, and... XD lol
so, this sort of thing might be unbalanced and unnecessary.

(you can make NPCs unable to buy stuff from you, if you fill up their shop to the brim (Tavernkeep) but most NPCs won't sell 40 items, there's usually no need for that. especially not for such things like a random vending machine XD
naturally, an alternative appoach could be adding an useless "placeholder" item like "N/A", and fill up the empty slots with that, but I don't really know about that either)
It's not the greatest idea but maybe the Weaver Workshop could be run by a dark mummy or the shadow mummy (one of the enemies cut from the old console versions) they are humaniod, have a connection to Corruption and you could arggue that they have a connection to materials.

I like the vending machine idea but other then it being funny I don't see a reason for it to exist if there're already 3 NPC that sell you food. A way that I could maybe see it work wold be if it was possible to buy only 1-3 items from it (for money not vouchers) and after that it would dissapear or break so you wouldn't be able to buy more from it. This way you would have a way to buy food without vouchers but it wouldn't be broken.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom