Wacky NPCs Mod

putting it like that, I can kinda see how it could work. though it still would need more ideas, what sort of personality and unique looks it would have?

I'm thinking.

Perhaps if you could somehow add glasses on to such a dark sprite? Maybe using a transparent light color or something... Perhaps lighten the blackish sprite a bit so it's more visible (you know how wraiths are) and also so details would work...

A hat would be easy to add, but if we go with my "old guy" idea, hats would be tricky to fit with the theme. If we broadened the theme away from him being old, perhaps a simple cap like Green Cap but maybe in another color?

just a few basic ideas, I'm having trouble thinking of something in-depth. Perhaps developing the structure of the building a bit would help us get context? I don't know. your thoughts, anyone?

I'm thinking.

Perhaps if you could somehow add glasses on to such a dark sprite? Maybe using a transparent light color or something... Perhaps lighten the blackish sprite a bit so it's more visible (you know how wraiths are) and also so details would work...

A hat would be easy to add, but if we go with my "old guy" idea, hats would be tricky to fit with the theme. If we broadened the theme away from him being old, perhaps a simple cap like Green Cap but maybe in another color?

just a few basic ideas, I'm having trouble thinking of something in-depth. Perhaps developing the structure of the building a bit would help us get context? I don't know. your thoughts, anyone?
You wrote a bit faster then me but my idea would be to maybe in additon to your glasses idea instead of a green cap he could wear a top hat and carry a cane ? As for his personality I think that a kind old guy would be nice to have but there may be a problem with making not to simmilar to the Crimson Barkeep

Hmm... yeah, maybe it would be better more different from the barkeep. but those are some interesting ideas.
one of my ideas is, what if this one is not pitch-black? but some other color. then, it might would be easier to work with too.

You wrote a bit faster then me but my idea would be to maybe in additon to your glasses idea instead of a green cap he could wear a top hat and carry a cane ? As for his personality I think that a kind old guy would be nice to have but there may be a problem with making not to simmilar to the Crimson Barkeep
Oh, that's a pretty nice idea. Top hat, glasses, cane... The only problem I can think of is making the hat and glasses show up, since those would both be black (well, maybe he could have brass frame glasses idk) yeah as noted above the wraith's body would be best lighter... as I said before I haven't read much context about this mod so I don't have much to say about his personality and the whole different-from-barkeep thing.

Edit: Maybe if his color was a bit lighter and his eyes weren't entirely red? Maybe a different color like gold yellow, or purple, or something, and the body wasn't black and seemed to be dripping shadow, but more like a light version... obviously not white, but perhaps silvery? We could explain through his lore that perhaps he was simply too light for the whole wraith-transformation thing to turn him pure darkness. I don't really know, that just popped into my head.

Hmm... yeah, maybe it would be better more different from the barkeep. but those are some interesting ideas.
one of my ideas is, what if this one is not pitch-black? but some other color. then, it might would be easier to work with too.
If he was to have diffrent colors maybe he could have shades of purple and some dark reds ? Purple becouse corruption and dark red is used in some ebonwood furniture.

Hmmm... interesting ideas... we can try to do something with those. but I still wonder about the personality... hmmm... any good ideas?

I still really like the old men idea but how about something kinda opposite. The Wraith before becoming what he is now was an evil person but in the moment of his death he became filled with regret for what he did in his past life and now wishes to atone for his past sins.

I still really like the old men idea but how about something kinda opposite. The Wraith before becoming what he is now was an evil person but in the moment of his death he became filled with regret for what he did in his past life and now wishes to atone for his past sins.
Hmm, I kinda like the sound of that!
Do you have some quote ideas?

''Back in my previous life I used my talents to hurt people, hopefully this time I can use them to help them at least a little''
''Please don't try following my example. If you go down the same path I did you will only bring pain and suffering to the people you hold dear''
Again I'm not a good writer but could something like this work ?

Last edited:
''Back in my previous life I used my talents to hurt people, hopefully this time I can use them to help them at least a little''
''Please don't try following my example. If you go down the same path I did you will only bring pain and suffering to the people you hold dear''
Again I'm not a good writer but could something like this work ?
Hmm... I don't know... they're not bad, but don't know it it would fit... but that's part because I'm not sure either what personality this one should have...

Can you release this modification on TML version 0.10.1.5?
I'm still just as confused as before.
I'm pretty sure the mod is released. Does it not works properly on some versions?
I didn't upgraded anything on it since 1.4 is out - waiting for T-modloader to catch up - but therefore it is possible there are issues I didn't notice. Please, explain it a bit more.

I'm still just as confused as before.
I'm pretty sure the mod is released. Does it not works properly on some versions?
I didn't upgraded anything on it since 1.4 is out - waiting for T-modloader to catch up - but therefore it is possible there are issues I didn't notice. Please, explain it a bit more.
Here is the TML version 0.11.x.x, this is the newest version of the mod browser. I have TML version 0.10.1.5. My computer does not support the newer version of TML. I wanted to ask you to release a modification for TML version 0.10.1.5, if not difficult.

Here is the TML version 0.11.x.x, this is the newest version of the mod browser. I have TML version 0.10.1.5. My computer does not support the newer version of TML. I wanted to ask you to release a modification for TML version 0.10.1.5, if not difficult.
Ah, I see.
Thank you for explaining.

I don't really understand what are the differences. I really would like some coders to help out or join on this mod, because there are tons of things I have no idea how to code.
This is yet another of those things...
Sorry.

I came up with one more idea for Wraith's pesonality. The Crimson Barkeep's personality is based on the opposite of what you would think when looking at a Face Monster so why not do something simmilar for the Wraith ? According to lore wraiths are associated with darkness, pain etc. so what if they were a very girly girl.
It would make them more simmilar to the Barkeep and it would give a very good excuse why they would run a shop with plushies, figurines etc. . The biggest problems I can see with this idea are that I have no idea what the shop would look like since it wouldn't make much sense for it to just be filled with ebonwood furniture (maybe they could be painted ?) and the second problem is that I have no idea for what dialouge they would have.

I came up with one more idea for Wraith's pesonality. The Crimson Barkeep's personality is based on the opposite of what you would think when looking at a Face Monster so why not do something simmilar for the Wraith ? According to lore wraiths are associated with darkness, pain etc. so what if they were a very girly girl.
It would make them more simmilar to the Barkeep and it would give a very good excuse why they would run a shop with plushies, figurines etc. . The biggest problems I can see with this idea are that I have no idea what the shop would look like since it wouldn't make much sense for it to just be filled with ebonwood furniture (maybe they could be painted ?) and the second problem is that I have no idea for what dialouge they would have.
That is an interesting idea! I was wondering about it too, what if the wraith is a girl. and yeah, maybe if we give her some really girly personality, - she also could be pink or something XD lol -
if we have a general direction that feels good, then we might can come up with some ideas for quotes...
but yeah, I wonder what about the structure she would be in... hmm... I'm not quite sure...

but yeah, I wonder what about the structure she would be in... hmm... I'm not quite sure...

Assuming you're using vanilla materials, I might try to assemble a small building that looks like what I personally think the structure could resemble. I'd just need a picture of what the crimson version looks like, for a general sense of scale and setup, and perhaps a few pointers such as if the structure always generates the same way.

Assuming you're using vanilla materials, I might try to assemble a small building that looks like what I personally think the structure could resemble. I'd just need a picture of what the crimson version looks like, for a general sense of scale and setup, and perhaps a few pointers such as if the structure always generates the same way.
Well, if you have an idea, I would be interested to see it!
I have ideas on the crimson one, but didn't tried to make one yet. But it would be quite small-scale, like two small rooms, like 6 x 35 altogether or so (the interior I mean).

Well, if you have an idea, I would be interested to see it!
I have ideas on the crimson one, but didn't tried to make one yet. But it would be quite small-scale, like two small rooms, like 6 x 35 altogether or so (the interior I mean).
Oh, ok, I didn't realize the whole thing was still in planning stage. Alright.

Edit: Does this thing generate underground or on the surface? Any real environment criteria, or something?

Edit 2 I hope you read this: Does it have to be made strictly of Corruption-acquired materials? That would limit my palette. I'm thinking about when Jungle Sanctums still existed on mobile and they had pearlwood lamps in them... Would some natural-gen inconsistencies like that happen here, or would we keep it to corruption stuff only?

Oh, ok, I didn't realize the whole thing was still in planning stage. Alright.

Edit: Does this thing generate underground or on the surface? Any real environment criteria, or something?

Edit 2 I hope you read this: Does it have to be made strictly of Corruption-acquired materials? That would limit my palette. I'm thinking about when Jungle Sanctums still existed on mobile and they had pearlwood lamps in them... Would some natural-gen inconsistencies like that happen here, or would we keep it to corruption stuff only?
Yeah, it's still just plans. I'm not even sure what this one would sell... XD

Underground. It should generate somewhere randomly underground.

And not sure about materials. If you have ideas, just use whatever you think would fit. this is still just brainstorming anyway.

Back
Top Bottom