Wacky NPCs Mod

Sora, how does this look? View attachment 298697
I think that it looks fine, it may just be a recolor of Lead Armor but it pretty nice.

The lantern in the hands of the crimson guard follows the dark gray colors of crimtane. the same as on the armor. it might would blend in a bit too much with the red, if the lantern is red too...

I guess that isn't really a problem, we can just sprite s receptionist (or something) and a guildmaster too. and you can use either, or both. whatever you like.
To be honest I acctually didn't notice the color difrence before but now after noticing it I would like to retract my sugestion, having it stay as it is looks good.

That's lead armor, right?
I think the handle of the spear would use a bit more colors, and darker outline (probably just use the handle the iron guard uses, since both would be likely made from regular wood, right? (or does that looks bad there?)

That minor thing aside, I actually quite like it!
I didn't thought about the lead armor for some reason, maybe because iron sounds logical, but lead sounds both too heavy, and even poisionous to some extent, that it would be a bad choice for armor... but this actually looks much cooler than what I thought.

the darker colors make for something like a different faction, but still human nonetheless. like solders of another king, or some landlord, who might be evil or something. these have a bit of a "black knight" feeling to it, although this guy is just a spearman, not an actual knight. but, yes, I'm honestly surprised how good the colors of lead look like.
I saw you had done iron so I did lead for worlds that don't have iron. I will also do the halberd and other variations of the armor. I couldn't get the same colors you used, I couldn't figure out how.
@Quba I tried to keep the colors as close as possible to the in-game sprites. Do you know how I could get the actual colors?

@Quba I tried to keep the colors as close as possible to the in-game sprites. Do you know how I could get the actual colors?
I think that the colors are fine. I started writing the comment while thinking that this was a recolor of Iron Armor and forgot to change that part.

I saw you had done iron so I did lead for worlds that don't have iron. I will also do the halberd and other variations of the armor. I couldn't get the same colors you used, I couldn't figure out how.
Yes, I'm aware of that. Naturally, some worlds have lead, instead of iron. I just used iron for armor, because that seemed like the most obvious choice for armor for the purity faction. (fitting for towns, cities, and maybe castles) - the lead armor has a darker feel to it, which would make it maybe a bit less fitting in something like "the castle/town of the good king" but it would make fitting for a dark(er) castle, or fort.

Did you recolored the iron guard? or used that, and the actual lead armor as base?

Also, I think the mod should be open source in github, so, you might can get the sprites from there, but I'm not sure on that.

but, it might be easier if I just post some of the guards here.

iron guard m1.png
iron guard m2.png
iron guard f1.png
iron guard f2.png

(these have normal, probably leather or cloth pants and sleeves, but there are fully armored variants too.
spear and halberd versions. male and female versions of each.

the girls have smaller arms and hands. when the arm is armored or the the clothes are more baggy, the sleeve can be bigger too, but the hands (usually) should be smalller, to fit to the vanilla town NPCs' design. normally this goes for the legs too, but that doesn't matters here, because the leg is covered by the armor or in this case, long pants. also, obviously, they have the female variant of the chestplate. and they also have visible hair, to make them look more feminine.

Yes, I'm aware of that. Naturally, some worlds have lead, instead of iron. I just used iron for armor, because that seemed like the most obvious choice for armor for the purity faction. (fitting for towns, cities, and maybe castles) - the lead armor has a darker feel to it, which would make it maybe a bit less fitting in something like "the castle/town of the good king" but it would make fitting for a dark(er) castle, or fort.

Did you recolored the iron guard? or used that, and the actual lead armor as base?

Also, I think the mod should be open source in github, so, you might can get the sprites from there, but I'm not sure on that.

but, it might be easier if I just post some of the guards here.

View attachment 298698 View attachment 298699 View attachment 298702 View attachment 298703

(these have normal, probably leather or cloth pants and sleeves, but there are fully armored variants too.
spear and halberd versions. male and female versions of each.

the girls have smaller arms and hands. when the arm is armored or the the clothes are more baggy, the sleeve can be bigger too, but the hands (usually) should be smalller, to fit to the vanilla town NPCs' design. normally this goes for the legs too, but that doesn't matters here, because the leg is covered by the armor or in this case, long pants. also, obviously, they have the female variant of the chestplate. and they also have visible hair, to make them look more feminine.
I used yours and lead armor as the base. Ok, I will work on the other variants and gender for the lead guards.

I've been thinking a bit more about the Lead Armor Guard made by @TheNotVeryEpicness and what you said about what it looks like
the darker colors make for something like a different faction, but still human nonetheless. like solders of another king, or some landlord, who might be evil or something. these have a bit of a "black knight" feeling to it,
and I came up with a small idea for a furniture NPC based on that idea. My idea is something similar to the 4 royals already in the mod but for something like a Demon King so for example instead of the golden throne that most of them sit on it would be dark and the king would have some evil/dark features like maybe devil/demon horns and a dark cape.

View attachment 298759View attachment 298760View attachment 298761View attachment 298762
Here is all the guard with spears. I have also done the halberd carrying guards but didn't put them in.
Again they look pretty nice. I especially like the purple eyes on the first two, makes them look more menacing. One small problem I see is the lenght of the spear, from what I can tell the guards in the mod have longer spears then the ones you made (unless it looks like that becouse the helmet is bigger) also the first guard's spear is a bit longer then the one the rest hold.

Again they look pretty nice. I especially like the purple eyes on the first two, makes them look more menacing. One small problem I see is the lenght of the spear, from what I can tell the guards in the mod have longer spears then the ones you made (unless it looks like that becouse the helmet is bigger) also the first guard's spear is a bit longer then the one the rest hold.
Yeah, I need to fix the first one. The lead helmets are larger so they look shorter.

@TheNotVeryEpicness
They look really nice! Good job.
And yeah, agreeing with @Quba the purple eyes fit them quite well. maybe they could be a bit darker though (the eye colors)
the polearm's lengh can look a bit different based on the helmet, so, yeah, I guess it is the same lenght as the other.

As for more royals, I agree with that idea, most factions could use one or two.
I wouldn't say these fit a "Devil King" sort of character, since these are just humans, in darker armor. a devil king would usually have an army of monsters, I think. these would be more fitting for a darker kingdom, like one with an evil king, or a tyrant, or something. not necessarily a king, but some ruler.

@CantWontDo
Interesting idea, but dunno how to code that.
But let's say we could code it, what rewards would he give?

Maybe he could give you his ''research notes'' which would unlock some of the information for an entry in the beastiary (he wouldn't unlock new ones just update ones you already have). It would help with getting full entries for some of the rarer enemies.

Last edited:
Maybe he could give you his ''research notes'' which would unlock some of the information for an entry in the beastiary (he wouldn't unlock new ones just update ones you already have). It would help with getting full entries for some of the rarer enemies.
Ooh! That's actually a pretty clever idea. although... would you spend gold critters on that?

Maybe the notes could also increase the drop chances of a rare item? I know this is kind of pointless because of the Scam Artist

Maybe the notes could also increase the drop chances of a rare item? I know this is kind of pointless because of the Scam Artist
I dunno. if it would make a big change, it would be too OP. e.g. even just +1% chance with rare items could make a big difference. and a small difference would sound like, not worth the hassle. gold critters are very rare and valuable themselves.

Ooh! That's actually a pretty clever idea. although... would you spend gold critters on that?
It could still be a nice option to have. Golden Critters have (usually) 3 uses : decoration, money and crafting food. Decorations made with them are ignored by most players and getting 10 gold at later stages of the game isn't that useful so for most players the only use they have is crafting Golden Delight and even then if I had a choice between the food and beastiary info I would probably take the info becouse I really like reading the entires but hate grinding for 50 rare mobs just to fill everything in.

Alternatively maybe my old Zookeeper idea could be ''revived'' and put into this Professor quest idea so instead of just asking for Golden Critters he would ask for many normal ones (maybe also with a simmilar system to the one that the Cook from Thorium has so some critter would require more then one example to finish the quest)

Back
Top Bottom