Wacky NPCs Mod

@Quba @CantWontDo
The problem is, that the "many critters" idea doesn't makes much sense, since he is selling mostly critters, to begin with.
And gold critters are very rare, and, while I do agree that 10 gold late game makes no real difference, and golden delight seems like a waste (even more, if you can buy it from the waiter too) but gold critters are still very rare...

I dunno much about furnitures either... like, what sort?

I meant like not after tModLoader 1.4 releases, but now? Sorry if lost your time, but still.
I suppose, we can start working on some of those things. like the mimic merchant, furniture-spawned NPCs, etc. we certainly can't adapt to the happiness system until T-modloader updates, or sell all the 1.4 new foodstuff, but we can try to get the restaurant vouchers to work too, etc, just for now, those parts of the mod will be a bit lacking. like, we can add all the planned NPCs too, it's just they won't be as useful for now, as they will be later.

We can also add more stationary NPCs, since they're just deco furnitures, and their code is nothing special, so it probably won't change later either, or anything. except that we wanna make them give buffs, but I'm assuming that's a simple copypaste to each codesheet, once we figured out how to make them give buffs.

For now, maybe just post them here.
We should figure out a better way to work as a team with everyone who just joined recently.
Do you have discord?
No, I don't have discord.

Attachments

• Lead Guard w_ spear.png
    Lead Guard w_ spear.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Lead Guard w_ spear V2.png
    Lead Guard w_ spear V2.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Lead Guard w_ halberd.png
    Lead Guard w_ halberd.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Lead Guard w_ halberd V2.png
    Lead Guard w_ halberd V2.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Lead Guard w_ spear F  (1).png
    Lead Guard w_ spear F (1).png
    2.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Lead Guard w_ spear F .png
    Lead Guard w_ spear F .png
    2.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Lead Guard w_ halberd F .png
    Lead Guard w_ halberd F .png
    2.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Lead Guard w_ halberd F  (1).png
    Lead Guard w_ halberd F (1).png
    2.5 KB · Views: 66
@TheNotVeryEpicness
The general design is good, but the colors could use some tinkering.
too bright eyes look odd.
also, the hair could use some recoloring, and the outlines of anything, should be, a similar color of what the thing is it acts as outline of (e.g. hands' outline will be dark brown, not dark gray/black.) and the outline should always be darker than the part it acts as outline for, (with a few exceptions.) so, like, there, the outline of the hair should be darker. etc.
the handle and the tip of the polearms also could use some more varied colors, and some tinkering.

it's difficult to explain. try to compare them to other sprites, maybe that helps understanding what I mean.

You should make a duck npc
What sort of...?

@TheNotVeryEpicness
The general design is good, but the colors could use some tinkering.
too bright eyes look odd.
also, the hair could use some recoloring, and the outlines of anything, should be, a similar color of what the thing is it acts as outline of (e.g. hands' outline will be dark brown, not dark gray/black.) and the outline should always be darker than the part it acts as outline for, (with a few exceptions.) so, like, there, the outline of the hair should be darker. etc.
the handle and the tip of the polearms also could use some more varied colors, and some tinkering.

it's difficult to explain. try to compare them to other sprites, maybe that helps understanding what I mean.

What sort of...?
Ok, I will continue working on them. Thanks for the tips.

It's from a spoiler by Loki and I mainly want it as decor but perhaps it could be an NPC that sells Otherworldly Music Boxes and maybe the Otherworldly Minishark (Which would be a resprite basically)View attachment 299670
That's actually very interesting, I don't know if I seen that thread before, I definitelly don't remember seeing this snail-face scholar before XD
But what would he do...? I don't really know if we have any role here he should fill.
We definitelly can give a try making a terraria (not otherworld) style deco NPC from him though.

there are all sort of interesting stuff in otherworld. that colorful bird on one of the pics looks fancy too.
I dunno much about what to do with this other minishark though...?

That's actually very interesting, I don't know if I seen that thread before, I definitelly don't remember seeing this snail-face scholar before XD
But what would he do...? I don't really know if we have any role here he should fill.
We definitelly can give a try making a terraria (not otherworld) style deco NPC from him though.

there are all sort of interesting stuff in otherworld. that colorful bird on one of the pics looks fancy too.
I'm fine with him just being deco NPC but if he was to become a normal NPC he could sell stuff based on Terraria: Otherworld, so for example
  • Deco NPC versions of the new enemies
  • Re-skins of some weapons like that minishark
  • Maybe also the music boxes if they could be fit in there
  • Some of the unique furniture from the game like that Tower (a smaller version of course) you have to protect (maybe it could also work like the Eternia Crystal Stand ?)
  • Re-skins of normal furniture in the game that look more like their versions from the game for example the Cooking Pot would look like the one in the picture
Unfortunatly this dosen't give him an actual role since the stuff he would sell would mostly just be furniture so maybe instead of being a normal NPC he would work like the Travelling Merchant, this way he wouldn't take up unnecessary space for people who don't care about what he sells but those who would like the items could still get them.

I would also like to add a tiny sugestion along with this post, a gun rack furniture. It could look like the racks you already added to the mod or be on a wall like this
1606393902452.png

Last edited:

the other mini shark would just be a resprite and he looks like he could sell spell tomes. Also according to redigit the guide guide's parents are moon Lord and a nymph (though it is likely a joke) so maybe the scam artist and the guide could like each other or something

Back
Top Bottom