Wacky NPCs Mod

also i dont know their (your npcs) personalities because my computer is to old for terraria so could you put sample quotes on the main page thing also also like my new profile picture

Tinkering with some of the ideas, here's a few sprites.
They use various vanilla things as base.

potted shadewood tree.png

Potted shadewood tree.
It's a modified recolor of the potted jungle tree. Maybe could use some more tinkering, but it might could make the place a bit greener... erm... redder...?

celing crimera.png

Celing crimera ornament.
The arm(??) of it looks weird, it still could use some tinkering. It uses the crimera as base, that carries the baby face monster pet, if the player is flying. And chains from some lantern.
Let's just hope it will stay in its place and won't fall on anyone... XD

And... here's an attempt (or two) of poster, I mentioned.

crimson kitchen poster B1.png
crimson kitchen poster B2.png

It probably looks very dumb, but I wonder if that's good or not, in this case? XD lol
It uses various paintings as base, "The Persistency of Eyes" for background, and the "Visiting the Pyramids" and "The Screamer" for the barkeep, but did a bunch of modifications on it.

Last edited:
it was meant as a star, like, shining effect, but the nail ended up in the center of it...
any idea how to make it better? lol
It's such a small detail that I don't think there's a need to change it but if it has to then I think there are two options, you either delete the nail or the shine to at least keep one or move CK lower

Hello Terrarians! I have some good news.
Because finding Crimson Kitchen can be hard (especially in a Large world), I made an item like Grim Pointer in Thorium Mod. How it looks and works is fully showed in the video (link) below.

P.S. code rotation of this thing was pretty hard. I can even show you the formula, how it gets that. And even after the formula is written, I should edit some things like rotation of sprite and code.

Video link: here (I made this because I can't add a video to my post in Terraria Forums)

EDIT: Now it shows if there is no kitchen in your world (first screenshot) and now it is not Meowmere, but own item (second screenshot).
And because I am going to my dad this weekend, you won't see me online here for 2 days. Have a great weekend :happy:

Attachments

• abc.png
    abc.png
    780.8 KB · Views: 87
  • abc2.png
    abc2.png
    357 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Hello Terrarians! I have some good news.
Because finding Crimson Kitchen can be hard (especially in a Large world), I invented thing like Grim Pointer in Thorium Mod. For now, this thing doesn't have its own item, but I will add it really soon (stay tuned). How it looks and works is fully showed in the video (download by link) below.

P.S. code rotation of this thing was pretty hard. I can even show you the formula, how it gets that. And even after the formula is written, I should edit some things like rotation of sprite and code.

Video link: here (I made this because I can't add a video to my post in Terraria Forums)

EDIT: Now it shows if there is no kitchen in your world.
Once again great work on getting this to work.
Since it works now I'm gonna throw in an idea for how it could look. As mentioned before the item itself could be a pamphlet but my idea for the pointer itself would be something like this
1607086603680.png

so it would be a red arrow with some logo in the middle.

I should made some sprites for stuff, but didn't made them yet XD
However, some way or other, started watching the anime Blend-S, and then actually maratoned it in one-go XD lol, this is a bit funny, because I didn't really watched much anime the past 1-2 years.
You could ask "how's that related?" but it's related too, because of the waiter idea, or the waiter's design.

It probably would be better to come up with an unique character... I do like Hideri's design too though... but having an original character would give a lot more room to work with, I guess? Aww, I'm conflicted. Plus his personality is hard to figure out, because he only appears from like ep. 8 onwards, and has very little screentime overall... uhh... even though he's funny and cute.

But on the core of that NPC, I do think I would like to go with a crossdressing character. I just don't really know what design... I kind of like the looks of these, umm, how you call it? "Alice" ribbon?
I wonder what sort of design would be good... hmmm...
and what sort of character?

I should made some sprites for stuff, but didn't made them yet XD
However, some way or other, started watching the anime Blend-S, and then actually maratoned it in one-go XD lol, this is a bit funny, because I didn't really watched much anime the past 1-2 years.
You could ask "how's that related?" but it's related too, because of the waiter idea, or the waiter's design.

It probably would be better to come up with an unique character... I do like Hideri's design too though... but having an original character would give a lot more room to work with, I guess? Aww, I'm conflicted. Plus his personality is hard to figure out, because he only appears from like ep. 8 onwards, and has very little screentime overall... uhh... even though he's funny and cute.

But on the core of that NPC, I do think I would like to go with a crossdressing character. I just don't really know what design... I kind of like the looks of these, umm, how you call it? "Alice" ribbon?
I wonder what sort of design would be good... hmmm...
and what sort of character?
same for me, but I am not watching anime, I watch YouTube lol

Last edited:
So, back on the question of the waiter's design,
I was wondering about if recolor, and some modification could work, and, I suppose, the results look pretty different from the previous (the Hideri desing)?

I thought to keep the "Alice" headband, but was wondering about different hair color, then went with the hair color of my bard character Haru from a modded playthrough. but this color might be too close to the character's skin color?
some like blonde or pink might would work too...

Also tried a few colors for the dress. Then went with a blue one (because of the Alice design), but it feels the colors are too faint. tried stronger colors, but then it felt like a medic... I wonder what colors could work?
Then I tried a gothic-lolita dress too, and maybe that version looks the cutest so far? Or what colors would look good?

waiter_blue_glove.png
waiter_blue_no-glove.png
(faint blue, with or without gloves)

waiter_gothlolita_no-glove.png
(goth-loli)

waiter_gothlolita_party_pink.png
(goth-loli - party girl pink)

waiter_gothlolita_stylist_pink.png
(goth-loli - stylist pink)

What direction looks the best? and then what to change on it?

and then, the personality is still a question... hmm...

So, back on the question of the waiter's design,
I was wondering about if recolor, and some modification could work, and, I suppose, the results look pretty different from the previous (the Hideri desing)?

I thought to keep the "Alice" headband, but was wondering about different hair color, then went with the hair color of my bard character Haru from a modded playthrough. but this color might be too close to the character's skin color?
some like blonde or pink might would work too...

Also tried a few colors for the dress. Then went with a blue one (because of the Alice design), but it feels the colors are too faint. tried stronger colors, but then it felt like a medic... I wonder what colors could work?
Then I tried a gothic-lolita dress too, and maybe that version looks the cutest so far? Or what colors would look good?

View attachment 301692 View attachment 301693 (faint blue, with or without gloves)

View attachment 301694 (goth-loli)

View attachment 301697 (goth-loli - party girl pink)

View attachment 301698 (goth-loli - stylist pink)

What direction looks the best? and then what to change on it?

and then, the personality is still a question... hmm...
Personaly I still find the original maid design the best but out of all hideri based designs you made I think that the 4th one is the best. I think that going into darker colors for the dress and hair is a good idea, personaly I don't like how the blue dress looks and blond hair looks to bright for the darker dresses.

I'm don't think that we should worry about personality until there's a completed design for them, the way they'll look will impact what kind of personality they'll have.

Last edited:
Personaly I still find the original maid design the best but out of all hideri based designs you made I think that the 4th one is the best. I think that going into darker colors for the dress and hair is a good idea, personaly I don't like how the blue dress looks and blond hair looks to bright for the darker dresses.

I'm don't think that we should worry about personality until there's a completed design for them, the way they'll look will impact what kind of personality they'll have.
I kind of agree, but maybe knowing - at least the general direction of - personality might could help figuring out the most fitting design (colors included)?

Back
Top Bottom