Wacky NPCs Mod

@Quba
yeah, that sounds like, a lot more reasonable than one for each enemy XD
still not sure about it, because still sounds like a lot. hmm... the general idea is interesting though.
also, dunno. so, you mean, for ecto mist crafting?

@Vampyre77
I actually did thought about that, since that one is supposed to be in vanilla... but he isn't. but I have no idea what he actually meant to be useful for to begin with, so, I don't really see a reason for actually adding him... (at least not without an actual purpose)

@Quba
As for the charm idea, I kinda like that, but, it would mean a really crazy amount of charms, and it could hurt inventory management too, I think. although you wouldn't normally carry around all, but if you would like yourself covered even if you travel between biomes, you would need several of the combined ones too.

@Bed_breaker117
Yeah, the pickloc should sell other keys too, but that might be needed to be discussed with other mods?

---------
If the picklock just sells two keys that,one,which many can be accesed from the dungeon easily,and the other,not useful past wall of flesh,then the picklock isn't all that useful, right?

@Quba
yeah, that sounds like, a lot more reasonable than one for each enemy XD
still not sure about it, because still sounds like a lot. hmm... the general idea is interesting though.
also, dunno. so, you mean, for ecto mist crafting?

@Vampyre77
I actually did thought about that, since that one is supposed to be in vanilla... but he isn't. but I have no idea what he actually meant to be useful for to begin with, so, I don't really see a reason for actually adding him... (at least not without an actual purpose)
Yeah for crafing, I was trying to give him something small and I felt like Echo Mist fit him pretty well but as I mentioned I have no idea if it's possible to have Echo Mist without a Graveyard and if it isn't then I don't think it should be added.

Also regarding Mc MoneyPants, he was apperently ment to show up in the cut Chinese New Year event, probably selling some stuff from it.

Yeah for crafing, I was trying to give him something small and I felt like Echo Mist fit him pretty well but as I mentioned I have no idea if it's possible to have Echo Mist without a Graveyard and if it isn't then I don't think it should be added.

Also regarding Mc MoneyPants, he was apperently ment to show up in the cut Chinese New Year event, probably selling some stuff from it.
I dunno if you can have ecto mist without a graveyard... but it's rather easy to get, and then get rid of it.
so... the idea is interesting, but I dunno. but we can try to make something like deco NPCs and stuff related to a graveyard too, I guess.

yeah, I know, McMoneyPants did something with the Chinese New year, that isn't actually in the game. I'm assuming (but might be wrongly) that he's something on the line of "your super rich uncle (or whatever other relative) giving you new year's money." and such stuff.
but you have a bajillion other source of money, so that's not all that useful... XD
we also dunno anything about him XD
he's interesting, but quite lacking at the moment... no point adding him, if not useful. (or we could try to, as deco. but still. what would be his role?)

Here's an idea for someone who hasn't been mentioned in a long time. The Gravedigger should also sell the items that drop from dead NPC's, it makes sense considering who he is and would give a way to get them without needing to go on a killing spree on other NPC's. There is a small problem with this idea, assuming that I counted everything correctly after adding the new stuff there would be 47 items that he would sell so if this idea was to be implemented some of the items would need to be based on Moon phases.

When does he sell biome keys? post plantera or golem, right?
Post-Plantera, I think.

Here's an idea for someone who hasn't been mentioned in a long time. The Gravedigger should also sell the items that drop from dead NPC's, it makes sense considering who he is and would give a way to get them without needing to go on a killing spree on other NPC's. There is a small problem with this idea, assuming that I counted everything correctly after adding the new stuff there would be 47 items that he would sell so if this idea was to be implemented some of the items would need to be based on Moon phases.
Agree with that, yeah. I hate the whole "if you want that, please, murder your neighbor." thing.
But like you say, that would be too many items. It might could work with moon phases though, but thematically they're all over the place, and doesn't that much fit a graveyard, I guess... but without a better idea how to get those weapons, we can try to go for that. It could give some more uses for that NPC, indeed.

yeah, I know, McMoneyPants did something with the Chinese New year, that isn't actually in the game. I'm assuming (but might be wrongly) that he's something on the line of "your super rich uncle (or whatever other relative) giving you new year's money." and such stuff.
but you have a bajillion other source of money, so that's not all that useful... XD
we also dunno anything about him XD
he's interesting, but quite lacking at the moment... no point adding him, if not useful. (or we could try to, as deco. but still. what would be his role?)
What if he sold pirate invasion loot because I've been making a castle, and I forgot how tedious it is to farm pirate invasion loot.

What if he sold pirate invasion loot because I've been making a castle, and I forgot how tedious it is to farm pirate invasion loot.
I'm not sure, but I think some mods make them craftable from gold. I think that's a better approach for the gold furnitures anyway.
By the way, if you're building, and you don't care whether the material is obtained "legitimately" or cheated in, just use cheat sheets. I mean, we're talking about building. it's very convinient if you don't have to run back and forth for material, but can actually build what you have in mind.

I'm not sure, but I think some mods make them craftable from gold. I think that's a better approach for the gold furnitures anyway.
By the way, if you're building, and you don't care whether the material is obtained "legitimately" or cheated in, just use cheat sheets. I mean, we're talking about building. it's very convinient if you don't have to run back and forth for material, but can actually build what you have in mind.
Well also the greed ring stuff and the coin gun.

Post-Plantera, I think.

Agree with that, yeah. I hate the whole "if you want that, please, murder your neighbor." thing.
But like you say, that would be too many items. It might could work with moon phases though, but thematically they're all over the place, and doesn't that much fit a graveyard, I guess... but without a better idea how to get those weapons, we can try to go for that. It could give some more uses for that NPC, indeed.
ill try to mess with UI...
If I won't be lazy lol

Got another idea for an NPC but it would take a lot of work to function properly, the NPC I came up with is a Personal Trainer.
The NPC would focus on giving you permanent upgrades to your basic skills thanks to "quests", which after completing them would give you a permanent buff to the skill you selected (The "quests" would work differently from the ones you find in the game, instead of being randomly assigned one each day you would choose which exercise set you want from a list and it would be active until you complete it). For example you could choose a running set which would require you to run a certain distance and after completing it your base running speed would be permanently increased by a small amount. You would only be able to do each set once but completing one would unlock a higher tier version (maybe up to 5th tier) that would be harder to do.

Here are the Training Sets I was able to come up with
- Running Set - Run an x amount of blocks, increases base speed (maybe up to +10%)
- Legs Set - Jump an x amount of times, increases base jump height (maybe up to +5 blocks)
- Arms Set - Swing a Melee Weapon/Tool x amount of times, increases base swing speed (maybe up to +10%)
- Endurance Set - Survive x amount of damage without dying, increases base defence (maybe up to +5 defence points)
- Muscle Building Set - Deal an x amount of critical hits, increases base odds for a crit (maybe up to +5%)
- Yoga Set - Not sure what you would need to do, increases base health or mana regen (can't think of a number without some testing)

Maybe they could also sell some items that would temporarily increase those stats but instead of giving them potions (since there's the Alchemist Mod) they could have some new items that would work similarly but have stats that are a bit different, so for example they could last less but be stronger or the other way around.

Got another idea for an NPC but it would take a lot of work to function properly, the NPC I came up with is a Personal Trainer.
The NPC would focus on giving you permanent upgrades to your basic skills thanks to "quests", which after completing them would give you a permanent buff to the skill you selected (The "quests" would work differently from the ones you find in the game, instead of being randomly assigned one each day you would choose which exercise set you want from a list and it would be active until you complete it). For example you could choose a running set which would require you to run a certain distance and after completing it your base running speed would be permanently increased by a small amount. You would only be able to do each set once but completing one would unlock a higher tier version (maybe up to 5th tier) that would be harder to do.

Here are the Training Sets I was able to come up with
- Running Set - Run an x amount of blocks, increases base speed (maybe up to +10%)
- Legs Set - Jump an x amount of times, increases base jump height (maybe up to +5 blocks)
- Arms Set - Swing a Melee Weapon/Tool x amount of times, increases base swing speed (maybe up to +10%)
- Endurance Set - Survive x amount of damage without dying, increases base defence (maybe up to +5 defence points)
- Muscle Building Set - Deal an x amount of critical hits, increases base odds for a crit (maybe up to +5%)
- Yoga Set - Not sure what you would need to do, increases base health or mana regen (can't think of a number without some testing)

Maybe they could also sell some items that would temporarily increase those stats but instead of giving them potions (since there's the Alchemist Mod) they could have some new items that would work similarly but have stats that are a bit different, so for example they could last less but be stronger or the other way around.
That's an interesting idea, and thank you for sharing it.
But I'm just not sure if it would fit...
We can keep brainstorming about it too though.

I came up with another idea for an NPC but it's a smaller idea so if anything they should probably be spawned by furniture like the Crimson Barkeep and Cyber Fangirl. The NPC's only function would be to tell you various things about your character and the world like how many enemies you've killed, how much you've walked, how long you've played, how many times a certain event happened etc. The problem is that I don't know how hard something like that would be, I know that some things are tracked thanks to achievments but many of them are probably universal instead of being saved to individual worlds/characters. Finally regarding their design, I'm not sure what they should be but if it helps the idea for them was inspired by Grandma Swamp from Shovel Knight.

I came up with another idea for an NPC but it's a smaller idea so if anything they should probably be spawned by furniture like the Crimson Barkeep and Cyber Fangirl. The NPC's only function would be to tell you various things about your character and the world like how many enemies you've killed, how much you've walked, how long you've played, how many times a certain event happened etc. The problem is that I don't know how hard something like that would be, I know that some things are tracked thanks to achievments but many of them are probably universal instead of being saved to individual worlds/characters. Finally regarding their design, I'm not sure what they should be but if it helps the idea for them was inspired by Grandma Swamp from Shovel Knight.
That actually could be pretty useful (as far as someone's curious about those info) so, adding such could be useful. But I have no idea how the game handles those informations, if it's possible to call for them, and have an NPC talk about them. I seen that you can use some information in dialogues like current time or whether a boss is down or not, but how most other info are handled, I don't know. @DV Game might knows?

As for looks, when you said the idea, I first had the image of some wise old scholar, I think. an old witch sounds fitting too. but it really could be several other things too that all could sound logical. We can return to the question about design, once we know whether it's possible to use info like those you mentioned, in NPCs dialogues.

That actually could be pretty useful (as far as someone's curious about those info) so, adding such could be useful. But I have no idea how the game handles those informations, if it's possible to call for them, and have an NPC talk about them. I seen that you can use some information in dialogues like current time or whether a boss is down or not, but how most other info are handled, I don't know. @DV Game might knows?

As for looks, when you said the idea, I first had the image of some wise old scholar, I think. an old witch sounds fitting too. but it really could be several other things too that all could sound logical. We can return to the question about design, once we know whether it's possible to use info like those you mentioned, in NPCs dialogues.
if it possible to call them it is possible to use them in any way
and I think everything is possible, but idk about "how much have you walked". also how much have you played is useless, because it is shown already?[/QUOTE]

if it possible to call them it is possible to use them in any way
and I think everything is possible, but idk about "how much have you walked". also how much have you played is useless, because it is shown already?
[/QUOTE]
I think that how much you've walked should be possible since there's an achivement related to that and as for how much you've played, I forgot that it shows you time next to the character, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom