Wacky NPCs Mod

I think that how much you've walked should be possible since there's an achivement related to that and as for how much you've played, I forgot that it shows you time next to the character, sorry.
it is possible, but I completely don't know how to do it
EDIT: source code is the solution!... I guess.

Last edited:
I came up with another idea for a small, furniture NPC but I'm not sure how useful they would be. My idea is a Weather Witch that you would be able to pay to either cause rain/blizzard, sandstorm, slime rain, windy day and if posibble change moon phases. Being able to cause them whenever you want could help with getting some items or fishing. The reason why I'm not sure about this idea is that most of these things can already be done either with Journey mod or some mods like the Cheat Sheet.

I came up with another idea for a small, furniture NPC but I'm not sure how useful they would be. My idea is a Weather Witch that you would be able to pay to either cause rain/blizzard, sandstorm, slime rain, windy day and if posibble change moon phases. Being able to cause them whenever you want could help with getting some items or fishing. The reason why I'm not sure about this idea is that most of these things can already be done either with Journey mod or some mods like the Cheat Sheet.
Well, yes. Dunno how useful it would be (or how to code such an NPC), but the general idea sounds interesting.

I have an idea for the corruption and crimson fangirls. What if they both had voodoo dolls and when it was thrown into lava it would let the fangirl of the opposite evil to move in

I have an idea for the corruption and crimson fangirls. What if they both had voodoo dolls and when it was thrown into lava it would let the fangirl of the opposite evil to move in
I see no real reason for that.
Currently, their spawn conditions are
crimstone in invernore for Corru,
and
ebonstone in inventory, for Crim

this means that when you naturally get some of the evil stone of your world, the opposite evil biome's fangirl will move in. and they sell stuff of their respective favorite biome, so you can just buy one crim/ebon stone from the one that moved in, and have the other one move in too. I think that's one of the easiest and most convinient approach?

That actually could be pretty useful (as far as someone's curious about those info) so, adding such could be useful. But I have no idea how the game handles those informations, if it's possible to call for them, and have an NPC talk about them. I seen that you can use some information in dialogues like current time or whether a boss is down or not, but how most other info are handled, I don't know. @DV Game might knows?

As for looks, when you said the idea, I first had the image of some wise old scholar, I think. an old witch sounds fitting too. but it really could be several other things too that all could sound logical. We can return to the question about design, once we know whether it's possible to use info like those you mentioned, in NPCs dialogues.
I think he could be called the librarian.he will have other names,but for now it's the librarian. I was thinking that he could spawn underground in one of those... remeber the abndoned houses before 1.3? he could spawn in those,but it would be refurbished to be made much more better.He also sells book tomes depending on your progression.
for example: post-skeletron, he would sell the water bolt and once it's post-wof demon scythe, along with the book of skulls . for one mech but two more to go, he would sell the crystal storm,the world's evil book and the opposite evil's tome if the fangrils don't sell their respective ichors and cursed flames.but the librarian defenitely sells the crystal storm.I think that once golem is defeated,the razorblade typhoon and the magnet sphere is unlocked,and once moodlord is dead, the lunar flare is unlocked.

I think he could be called the librarian.he will have other names,but for now it's the librarian. I was thinking that he could spawn underground in one of those... remeber the abndoned houses before 1.3? he could spawn in those,but it would be refurbished to be made much more better.He also sells book tomes depending on your progression.
for example: post-skeletron, he would sell the water bolt and once it's post-wof demon scythe, along with the book of skulls . for one mech but two more to go, he would sell the crystal storm,the world's evil book and the opposite evil's tome if the fangrils don't sell their respective ichors and cursed flames.but the librarian defenitely sells the crystal storm.I think that once golem is defeated,the razorblade typhoon and the magnet sphere is unlocked,and once moodlord is dead, the lunar flare is unlocked.
Once Duke Fishron is defeated - Razorblade Typhoon
Once Plantera is defeated - Magnet Sphere
Once Skeletron is defeated - Water Bolt & Book Of Skulls & Demon Scythe
Once Wall Of Flesh is defeated - Crystal Storm & Cursed Flames & Golden Shower
Once Moon Lord is defeated - Lunar Flare
something like this I think

Once Skeletron is defeated - Water Bolt & Book Of Skulls & Demon Scythe
Once Wall Of Flesh is defeated - Crystal Storm & Cursed Flames & Golden Shower
something like this I think
the thing is,I don't want the player to become lazy and just rush to the librarian,and that's why I specifically put snactions on spell tomes that could be obtained earlier so the player actually trys to farm for them.so...

Once Skeletron is defeated - Water Bolt & Book Of Skulls
Once EOW is defeated-demon scythe
Once One mech boss is defeated - Crystal Storm & Cursed Flames & Golden Shower

the thing is,I don't want the player to become lazy and just rush to the librarian,and that's why I specifically put snactions on spell tomes that could be obtained earlier so the player actually trys to farm for them.so...

Once Skeletron is defeated - Water Bolt & Book Of Skulls
Once EOW is defeated-demon scythe
Once One mech boss is defeated - Crystal Storm & Cursed Flames & Golden Shower
Why post-1mech? I think it should be post altars

@Bed_breaker117 @DV Game
It makes some sense, but the NPC would initially be there for information giving role, I guess?
Tomes share the basic fact that they're all books (and magic weapons) but they still feel a bit random... I mean, then why not an NPC selling swords or whatever too, right? Not sure if that's needed...

And, yeah, generally, it's more about QoL, but like, shouldn't discourage actual adventuring.
So, yeah, they make more sense later in the progression (if we add them)
also, not sure if there's a hook like "post altars", plus not everyone smashes altars.

@Bed_breaker117 @DV Game
It makes some sense, but the NPC would initially be there for information giving role, I guess?
Tomes share the basic fact that they're all books (and magic weapons) but they still feel a bit random... I mean, then why not an NPC selling swords or whatever too, right? Not sure if that's needed...

And, yeah, generally, it's more about QoL, but like, shouldn't discourage actual adventuring.
also, not sure if there's a hook like "post altars", plus not everyone smashes altars.
There is because cobalt ore spawns, but about 2nd idk

There is because cobalt ore spawns, but about 2nd idk
hardmode ores aren't really related to tomes anyway. in fact, the 3 early hardmode tomes can be crafted without the need of any hardmode ores.
and, what I mean, smashing altars is dangerous.
so, you can go around it with fishing, or buying they (Scam Artist), or just going for other armors and gear. you still usually need a mythril/orichalc anvil for most hardmode stuff, but that's all. the rest are good to have, but there are alternative routes too, you can take.

that's why I say, not everyone smashes altars (or not on all playthroughs at least).

New idea for an NPC, don't know what to call them but the temporary name is Treasure Hunter. They wouldn't have a normal shop, instad if you gave them a banner you would get that enemy's rarest drop, for example if you gave them a Green Slime banner you would get the Slime Staff in return. However some enemies have more then one rare drop (I would classify something as a rare drop if has up to 3% chance) so for those cases if posible I think you should get a choise which item you want, so for example if you give them the Man Eater Banner you would get to choose between the 3 Ancient Cobolt Armor pieces. Alternativly if that's to hard to do maybe which item you get could be affected by moon phases.

New idea for an NPC, don't know what to call them but the temporary name is Treasure Hunter. They wouldn't have a normal shop, instad if you gave them a banner you would get that enemy's rarest drop, for example if you gave them a Green Slime banner you would get the Slime Staff in return. However some enemies have more then one rare drop (I would classify something as a rare drop if has up to 3% chance) so for those cases if posible I think you should get a choise which item you want, so for example if you give them the Man Eater Banner you would get to choose between the 3 Ancient Cobolt Armor pieces. Alternativly if that's to hard to do maybe which item you get could be affected by moon phases.
impossible to make it automatic cause of how the drop system works, and too overpowered imo
I don't want to write code for every vanilla NPC, as well as modded probably...

impossible to make it automatic cause of how the drop system works, and too overpowered imo
I don't want to write code for every vanilla NPC, as well as modded probably...
Edit: because of ItemDropRule, it will be probably possible to do in 1.4?

@Bed_breaker117 @DV Game

that's why the ichor, cursed flames and crystal tomes come after you've defeated one mech boss, not immediately in hardmode. that way, the tomes can still be crafted and the play still needs to adventure to get the next upgrade in book tomes for mages. I'd say it's that at the start of hm,it is almost neccesray of not mandatory for mages to get some type of tome,whether it's the cursed falmes,crystal storm,or the infamous ichor tome.

that's why the ichor, cursed flames and crystal tomes come after you've defeated one mech boss, not immediately in hardmode. that way, the tomes can still be crafted and the play still needs to adventure to get the next upgrade in book tomes for mages. I'd say it's that at the start of hm,it is almost neccesray of not mandatory for mages to get some type of tome,whether it's the cursed falmes,crystal storm,or the infamous ichor tome.
The main problem there is more, that with that, that character would only have a few, and only mage weapons for sale, so it wouldn't be all that useful for other classes. - and you are a mage, and want those tomes, you will probably get them earlier than that, anyway.

Can you add the star merchant from chinese terraria? No one really knows what they did so you can just make that up, they just look cool
Best image I coud find.
the(1).jpeg

Can you add the star merchant from chinese terraria? No one really knows what they did so you can just make that up, they just look cool
Best image I coud find.View attachment 308428
I seen that before. I think some texture packs use it. He do looks cool, I agree on that. I think, I read that the chinese version has him, replacing skeleton merchat, maybe? maybe because all the skeletal, fleshy stuff are banned in the chinese version...? (that's what I heard. actually, then I wonder about the normal skeleton mobs and the whole crimson biome too, but whatever)

I just wonder, if we would need permission to use this one, and if so, who we would need to asks for the permission. Plus I don't know, what he could do. Otherwise, adding him probably wouldn't be difficult technically, since he must have a full spritesheet somewhere, in a texture pack that uses him.

Back
Top Bottom