Wacky NPCs Mod

How about something like event themed vendors ? For example lets say that we have a Martian Vendor made with a lot of Martian Conduit Plating, some coins and a special vendor item (Something like a Hire a guard but shop themed), when close to him you could then "buy" from him items from the event without having to go through it over and over.
That's a very interesting idea. But would it be balanced? Like, conduit plating drops from anything in the event, so, that doesn't equals with actually tackling a saucer too.
And what sort of stuff other events-themed shops would require?

That's a very interesting idea. But would it be balanced? Like, conduit plating drops from anything in the event, so, that doesn't equals with actually tackling a saucer too.
And what sort of stuff other events-themed shops would require?
Yeah but that's why I said a lot of them to balance it out a bit, the recipe could also include a enemy banner to make it a bit harder.

Here's what I tried to come up with for the vendors:
- Blood Moon Vendor - A few Bloody Tears + Coins + Shop Deed (Only "sells" pre-hardmode stuff)
- Hardmode Blood Moon Vendor - The same recipe but also something hardmode exclusive (Either an item or maybe something like a hardmode version od the Shop Deed [if so then all hardmode vendors would use it])
- Goblin Vendor - Some Spike Balls + Coins + Shop Deed (It's mostly just a decoration since spikes are already sold by Goblin Tinkerer but I'm trying to do this for all events, also either no hardmode version or only hardmode version since it would just add Goblin Summoner stuff)
- Old One's Army Vendors (One for each tier) - 2 banners of an enemy that only starts appering on the specific tier + Defender Medals + Shop Deed (These vendors could also "sell" you stuff for defender medals instead of coins)
- Weather Vendor (Rain/Sandstorm/Slime Rain/WIndy Day) - Frost Core + Forbidden Fragment + A bunch of Slime + A few Ladybugs + Coins + Shop Deed (Only Hardmode becouse a pre-hardmode vendor wouldn't have much)
- Frost Legion Vendor - One banner for each of the enemies from the Event + A bunch of Snow + Coins + Shop Deed (Just like Goblin Vendor it's mostly just decoration but it gives you unliminted snow so that's something)
- Frost Moon Vendor - A few Naughty Presents + A few banners of the enemies from the event + Coins + Shop Deed
- Celestial Vendor - A few of each pillar Fragments - some luminite - Coins + Shop Deed (Only "sells" the fragments so you don't have to grind for them)
- Pirate Vendor - A few banners from the Event + Coins +Shop Deed
- Pumpkin Moon Vendor - Same as Frost Moon but with a few Pumpkin Moon Medalions instead)
- Solar Eclipse Vendor - Broken Hero Sword + A few Banners from the Event + Coins + Shop Deed

If you want I can also try to think of some unique ideas for who each of these vendors would be.
Also I think we posted to much on this thread and (at least I) can't post anymore, I'm gonna try to delete one of my earlier posts so that if you want you can maybe add a link to a new thread ?

Last edited:
@Quba
As for having "no privilege to post", that's because the latest post is (well, was, until I post this) from you, and the newer anti-spamming rules stop everyone from double-posting, (except the person who started the tread).
So, don't worry about it, let's see if you can post like normal, after this post?

Now, as for the ideas, they sound cool, and some, like the celestial one would be a huge QoL thing (though actual town NPCs could sell fragments too)
But some of them sounds like wouldn't have much to sell, or would be possible unbalanced. For example, let's say, hardmode blood moon, offers things like sanguine staff, but in real, tackling a Dreadnautilus is just crazy tough, so, it sounds like it would be unbalanced, if you could just buy it at the start of hardmode.

Yeah I can post now, I didn't know about the rule so I thought that threds had a limit on them and we reached it.

Yeah I agree that some Vendors are clearly better then others (Goblin and Frost Legion are deffinitly the worst) but as I said I see them more like a decoration then something that's ment to be on par with all other vendors. The problem with hardmode balancing could be solved with the Hardmode Shop Deeds I briefly mentioned, if we either give them to an NPC or make it reqire a material that can only be gotten after a certain point we can very easily control when you would be able to create one.

@Quba
Yeah. I think there would be no point in treads reaching a limit. And the most popular mods' threads are much longer than this anyway.

The problem with those "deed" ideas is, that if there would be just one for entire hardmode, it would be quite unbalanced. And even if there would be several for various tiers, certain bosses and events can be done somewhat regardless of the progression (such as dreadnautilus, duke fishron, etc. - though unlikely that the player could tackle them at the start of hardmode)

Plus, these vendor ideas sound a bit all-over-the-place. Some of them could be good QoL, but others are less useful, and if we want wendors that fit their respective events, they would be quite different in style.

My initial idea was more like mostly normal vendors, so you could make a marketplace in your forest town, or a bazaar in your desert town, or something like that. So, with vendors matching a certain "faction" of the deco NPCs.

(speaking of which, there could be several more factions, for the various biomes. like one (or probably more) for each.

@Quba
Yeah. I think there would be no point in treads reaching a limit. And the most popular mods' threads are much longer than this anyway.

The problem with those "deed" ideas is, that if there would be just one for entire hardmode, it would be quite unbalanced. And even if there would be several for various tiers, certain bosses and events can be done somewhat regardless of the progression (such as dreadnautilus, duke fishron, etc. - though unlikely that the player could tackle them at the start of hardmode)

Plus, these vendor ideas sound a bit all-over-the-place. Some of them could be good QoL, but others are less useful, and if we want wendors that fit their respective events, they would be quite different in style.

My initial idea was more like mostly normal vendors, so you could make a marketplace in your forest town, or a bazaar in your desert town, or something like that. So, with vendors matching a certain "faction" of the deco NPCs.

(speaking of which, there could be several more factions, for the various biomes. like one (or probably more) for each.
Personally I don't think that the deeds would be unbalanced becouse they are just one of the ingredients so you still need to play the events a few times before the Vendor could be build but I do also understand why you might find it a bit unbalanced.

I have a question, when Tmodloader is compatible with terraria 1.4 and the new feature of the npc's, the "happiness", is it planned that the Crimson and Corruption girls will somehow be able to live in their respective favorite biomes despite not being habitable?

PD: Sorry my bad English

I have a question, when Tmodloader is compatible with terraria 1.4 and the new feature of the npc's, the "happiness", is it planned that the Crimson and Corruption girls will somehow be able to live in their respective favorite biomes despite not being habitable?

We discoused it a bit some time ago and since it's unlikely that NPC's will be able to live in corruption/crimson after the update their favorite biome will just be forrest.

We discoused it a bit some time ago and since it's unlikely that NPC's will be able to live in corruption/crimson after the update their favorite biome will just be forrest.
Basically what @Quba said. It's quite unlikely they could be coded in a way that they could live in those biomes.

Would it be possible to add something sort of like the guards, but they are the Terraria devs? Like they could be drafted at the guard desk with money and the dev's gear. (Cenx would have 2 versions.)

Would it be possible to add something sort of like the guards, but they are the Terraria devs? Like they could be drafted at the guard desk with money and the dev's gear. (Cenx would have 2 versions.)
They would need to give a GIANT buff to justify making them, a better option would be an idea I suggested some time ago of "manaquins with faces but without stands" so if you wanted to you could put the sets on them.

I suppose, but where would they be logically used in builds? They're quite special, so I see them a bit niche at builds. But it would be possible to make them, yeah.

They would need to give a GIANT buff to justify making them, a better option would be an idea I suggested some time ago of "manaquins with faces but without stands" so if you wanted to you could put the sets on them.
That's true, again, I'm just not sure how to make such a mannequin.
And guess when it comes to special clothing pieces, they should be made as armor (most likely vanity armor), but that would mean lots of sprites again, I think. for example, those robes and other garments for the dynasty set.
Actually, it would be a good idea to make those, but never tried making armor yet.
And guess the core problem here is also the lack of enough motivation. Considering it's been, like, almost a year we're waiting for 1.4 T-modloader?

And guess the core problem here is also the lack of enough motivation. Considering it's been, like, almost a year we're waiting for 1.4 T-modloader?
At least based on the fact that the tmodloader part finally changed in the monthly State of the Game's we can assume that we're getting kinda close to it being realesed

Not showing up .opps sorry didn't notice i spelled it wrong

Attachments

• 2021-07-01.png
    2021-07-01.png
    327.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
@LightningGear
Did you found it?

I wasn't really maintaining it lately though, the slowness on T-modloader 1.4 is just kinda demotivating regarding modding at the moment...
But, I'm assuming it should be downloadable on the mod browser. if not, please tell me, and I'll try to fix that up, even if an upgrade is not very likely until T-modloader catches up to 1.4.

so, anyway, the mod isn't dead, just waiting for the T-modloader upgrade, and need motivation XD

Yeah I expected as much. I understand that updating it is gonna take them some time but it's already been like a year and all we got was a diffrent text in the monthly update section (If I went into their discord I could probably find more info but I honestly just don't want to)

Yeah I expected as much. I understand that updating it is gonna take them some time but it's already been like a year and all we got was a diffrent text in the monthly update section (If I went into their discord I could probably find more info but I honestly just don't want to)
Yeah. Agree. Although I ocassionally check their discord.
I'm not blaming them, they're surely doing their best. It's just draining on modding motivation, that it's taking so very long.
But, well, eventually, it will be done, right?

Tim NPC, I didn’t read the whole thing so if this already is in it then ok, but if not it would be cool

Back
Top Bottom