Wait....Metriodvania?

Should Terraria be dubbed a Metriodvania along with sandbox-adventure?

• Total voters

ForeverPyrite🌳

Official Terrarian
Metroidvania-Sandbox Adventure game

Sorry to doubt here, but if we are considering games like Dead Cells to be true Metriodvanias.....can we consider Terraria to be one, or should we just stick with Sandbox Adventure game? (Please answer the poll above, for the fun of course!)

The fun thing is, you can make an adventure style map that definitely takes the form of a real Metroidvania game. But if it's not a pre-made adventure map, it's more of a sandbox. Interesting.

I would call Terraria a Metroidvania meets Minecraft. Equipment progression and combat-wise it is pretty much a Metroidvania. It's a Metroidvania where you can alter the stages.

I would call Terraria a Metroidvania meets Minecraft. Equipment progression and combat-wise it is pretty much a Metroidvania. It's a Metroidvania where you can alter the stages.
Hmmm. I should be very mad because you compared it to Minecraft but I see were you are coming from.

I'd say Terraria is closer to Starbound, which I'd consider a Metroidvania.
But Starbound has some pre-made maps, and Terraria doesn't, so...

This has gotten rather interesting, and I don't even remember making this. How was this dug up by @Nemo?
I like the answers. Unique and interesting.
It was on first page of "Other Games". The sub-forum moves slowly it seem. The thread with the oldest last post is Curious for games | Terraria Community Forums , with the last post dated Nov 8 (at time of writing) - the post above mine was dated Nov 10.

Back
Top Bottom