wait, this seems odd... ufo mount/pirate ship mount

ZeroJinKui

The Destroyer
i just now realized... that the best mount in the game is gotten from the pirate invasion?

but... it's available in early hardmode, before anything is really dealt with...

the ufo mount, however... requires the GOLEM to be defeated, meaning its a late hardmode item.

yet... its top speed is 41mph... while the pirate ship's is DOUBLE that.

uh... what is the point of the ufo mount, then?

i feel like those speeds should be swapped... how is a flying wooden ship twice as fast and infinitely better than a high-tech alien ship that requires the majority of hardmode to be done?

anyone else view that as odd?

i mean, that'd be like if zenith was obtainable at the start of hardmode, and you got a copper shortsword for beating the moon lord, or something.

does the ufo have ANYTHING over the pirate ship?

The Black Spot, which is the pirate ship mount is exclusive to masters mode. That's probably the main reason it's better, but it has been brought up multiple times by many people that it needs a nerf.

The Black Spot, which is the pirate ship mount is exclusive to masters mode. That's probably the main reason it's better, but it has been brought up multiple times by many people that it needs a nerf.
Exactly, the UFO is obtainable in Normal mode, and the Shrimpy Truffle is obtained in Expert. Duke Fishron can be defeated before the Mechs, so it might be about as easy as the Black Spot is to obtain.

It is Master Mode exclusive so it likely plays by different rules compared to the earlier difficulties.

I haven't used it a ton, but its main disadvantage is that it is not very fast when changing directions or flying vertically. It is fast horizontally which can help with several situations. But in some boss fights, having fast vertical flight can be key, and the reduced speed when going vertically doesn't make it as overpowered.

ah, i had no idea it was master mode exclusive... i thought master mode only included pets and relics.

also didn't realize it was added in 1.4, so that's why i posted in the wrong forum.

well, guess that explains things, then.

Leinfors did say it’s on his nerfing list in the official balancing thread iirc. Proposed nerfs included making its flight not infinite, lowering its top speed, or my personal favorite: making it so you can’t use items while it’s active.

Leinfors did say it’s on his nerfing list in the official balancing thread iirc. Proposed nerfs included making its flight not infinite, lowering its top speed, or my personal favorite: making it so you can’t use items while it’s active.
I think the top speed should be around 2/3 to 1/2 as fast, but keep the original top speed on water, acting like an actual boat mount. If you entered water with it, it would float to the top of the water. That way, it could have the same speed, but it would require water to have the speed increased. People could make large waterways across their world to move across it faster.

Back
Top Bottom