Switch Wall of Flesh glitch

Boxyfoxy

Terrarian
I know i should report this through the bug reporting website but i just wanted to make this known to others, i've died to the wall of flesh once so far waited until the next guide had arrived to be sacrificed i dropped the guide voodoo doll into the lava (this is after dying once to it and attempting to fight it in the same game session again) the guide died and there was no boss music or confirmation that the wall of flesh had spawned, i had to save and quite even quit out of the game outright to make sure the bug wasn't still there and it spawned again after doing this so, if your guide dies and you either kill the wall or die do not attempt to try to spawn it in again at least in the same session, wait for the guide to spawn save and quit, quit the game fully if you really need to and then go back into your world and try again. (i was successful at killing the wall my second attempt though, my arena just wasn't long enough)

I know i should report this through the bug reporting website but i just wanted to make this known to others, i've died to the wall of flesh once so far waited until the next guide had arrived to be sacrificed i dropped the guide voodoo doll into the lava (this is after dying once to it and attempting to fight it in the same game session again) the guide died and there was no boss music or confirmation that the wall of flesh had spawned, i had to save and quite even quit out of the game outright to make sure the bug wasn't still there and it spawned again after doing this so, if your guide dies and you either kill the wall or die do not attempt to try to spawn it in again at least in the same session, wait for the guide to spawn save and quit, quit the game fully if you really need to and then go back into your world and try again. (i was successful at killing the wall my second attempt though, my arena just wasn't long enough)
Thanks for sharing this @Boxyfoxy, and for sending in a bug report using the developer's form (found here for others stopping by and reading: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form). Also important to remember that if you are killed by the WOF, the WOF will still continue to travel until it reaches the end of the world. So the original WOF might have still been alive after the new Guide has arrived and while you threw another voodoo doll in lava.

However, I've also seen some reports of the WOF not spawning when the conditions are all perfect, so doesn't hurt at all to send in a bug report.

Back
Top Bottom