Game Mechanics Wall of Flesh Summoning with Clothier Voodoo Doll

What if the wall of guide started spamming the player with advice on making houses and surviving the night to defeat him/her@

Like the wall is made out of guides and they all talk at once

What if the wall of guide started spamming the player with advice on making houses and surviving the night to defeat him/her@

Like the wall is made out of guides and they all talk at once
A little off topic m8 :p

Fight.. for fun? Build giant arenas and use them? Fun. Fun is the reason.

I've given my reasons as to why this wouldn't break balance, but I'm not really seeing anything for why it would break balance.
I don't think it would break balance, I think there's just a better way to reach the same goal.

Fight.. for fun? Build giant arenas and use them? Fun. Fun is the reason.

I've given my reasons as to why this wouldn't break balance, but I'm not really seeing anything for why it would break balance.
If someone is using a world to build arenas and boss fights, they would most likely be in hardmode already.
And anyways, you guys need to learn a little something called "the path of gameplay progression". It's what terraria excels in. The WoF is in the game to enter hardmode since that is part of the path of progression, and allowing him to be fought without hardmode activating would break the progression of the game. Why progress into hardmode if you can just fight the wall over and over and get every single drop he has and sell them over and over again, with no consequences?
tl;dr, this suggestion breaks gameplay progression and is basically like having the Lunatic cultist not activate the pillars.

If someone is using a world to build arenas and boss fights, they would most likely be in hardmode already.
And anyways, you guys need to learn a little something called "the path of gameplay progression". It's what terraria excels in. The WoF is in the game to enter hardmode since that is part of the path of progression, and allowing him to be fought without hardmode activating would break the progression of the game. Why progress into hardmode if you can just fight the wall over and over and get every single drop he has and sell them over and over again, with no consequences?
tl;dr, this suggestion breaks gameplay progression and is basically like having the Lunatic cultist not activate the pillars.
Arenas can be built in pre-hardmode, especially in expert mode.

This would not disturb progression as using the guide doll would be the way to activate hardmode. You can kill EoC, EoW/BoC, King Slime, Skeletron, and Queen Bee over and over with no consequences, and sell all their drops to make huge profit, so it wouldn't be any different with Wall of Flesh. If you want to progress, fight the Wall using the guide doll. If you want to stay in pre-hardmode but still battle the boss for fun, use the clothier doll. It's simple and breaks nothing.

I also feel there should be a hidden way to battle cultist without triggering pillars. The cultist is one of the funnest bosses in the game but the pillars can be a hassle, not difficult with endgame stuff, but still take a lot of time before you can battle cultist again. Meanwhile a boss like EoC can be fought over and over with no consequence. It shouldn't be any different.

I also feel there should be a hidden way to battle cultist without triggering pillars. The cultist is one of the funnest bosses in the game but the pillars can be a hassle, not difficult with endgame stuff, but still take a lot of time before you can battle cultist again. Meanwhile a boss like EoC can be fought over and over with no consequence. It shouldn't be any different.
Why not kill two birds with one stone and add an item that lets you kill any boss without consequences?

Why not kill two birds with one stone and add an item that lets you kill any boss without consequences?
I don't think we can kill 2 birds with one stone. I misplaced my catapult.

Er... Anyway where was I? Oh right. I suppose such an item like that would make a pretty good addition. The question is what would it be?

As for this suggestion I should give my feedback. It would serve as a good way to allow for someone to get the best drop they can get from the wall. I used to rely on the CAR for a good portion of the game.

I don't think we can kill 2 birds with one stone. I misplaced my catapult.

Er... Anyway where was I? Oh right. I suppose such an item like that would make a pretty good addition. The question is what would it be?

As for this suggestion I should give my feedback. It would serve as a good way to allow for someone to get the best drop they can get from the wall. I used to rely on the CAR for a good portion of the game.
I'm not sure... I was thinking it should be either an accessory or a placed furniture object that lets the game ignore when a boss is killed nearby in terms of progression, but I have no idea what something like that would actually be, or how it would be obtained.

I'm not sure... I was thinking it should be either an accessory or a placed furniture object that lets the game ignore when a boss is killed nearby in terms of progression, but I have no idea what something like that would actually be, or how it would be obtained.
Better, something that simply has to be held in your inventory.

But that is probably a discussion for a different thread.

Better, something that simply has to be held in your inventory.

But that is probably a discussion for a different thread.
That's one option, but it might cause problems with the item preventing people from progressing if they pick up the item without realizing what it does. Also, I don't know what other thread to discuss this on...

That's one option, but it might cause problems with the item preventing people from progressing if they pick up the item without realizing what it does. Also, I don't know what other thread to discuss this on...
It's own thread, perhaps a private conversation.

Just remember that posting a link here is against the rules.

Skeletron unlocks the dungeon, Wall of Flesh unlocks hardmode. Dungeon guardian doesn't unlock dungeon, maybe some kind of guardian type enemy with a special drop spawns instead? Like the guardian but you can't loop around it. It would be super hard and you would need to use the whole underworld. I wonder what It could drop? Come to think of it, that in itself seems like a cool suggestion. I might make that.

I would rather like it if you could have a "Faulty" guide voodoo doll. It's like the real one, but it's doesn't actually start hard mode. It could be dropped from Voodoo demons, but at a 50% chance. If you already have one in your inventory, you will not get another faulty one, instead next time, you will get the real thing. :p

"Wall of Clothier" I thought it was called the "Wall of Guide"

Maybe a "Faulty" version of the Ruby from the Depths suggestion as well. The Ruby is slightly "Imperfect" causing a fault in the hardmode system. The "Faulty" Voodoo doll looks rather like the same, but more plastic than wool :). Since it is not the real deal, it will not convert. I see your point in this thread. I give 50% support :3.

Finally, the "Faulty" versions are weaker because "They aren't the real thing". To counter this, they will not drop much. Just some potions.

In all seriousness, I think this is a great idea! Just needs a few more changes...

I'm totally supporting this suggestion if it was like this.

Back
Top Bottom