Weapons & Equip Wand of Sparking & Finch Staff

Why can't you craft these weapons?
They are the perfect starting weapons yet they are locked away in a chest that you may not find in your world.
Is there are a reason behind this?
I was thinking for the finch staff they could have it drop from birds with a decent drop rate. Along with crafting it as an option.

Crafting it with a caught bird and staff would be nice. In fact, having different levels for different staves would be really nice (all the way through diamond) with more and more powerful birds... but that sounds kind of like good mod material to me.

Maybe a craft-able weaker version of the finch staff. Using birds caught with he bug net. Maybe 1 of each bird + 10 iron/lead bars to make the staff? With like 4 summoner damage.

Maybe a craft-able weaker version of the finch staff. Using birds caught with he bug net. Maybe 1 of each bird + 10 iron/lead bars to make the staff? With like 4 summoner damage.
The Finch Staff is already pretty weak. That'd be an even weaker weapon that potentially takes more time and resources to obtain.

A craftable version should be weaker or very expensive to craft but with equal power. eLSE IT WOULD MAKE THE NATURAL item SPAWN POINTLESS. Sorry caps lock...

I like the idea of being able to craft the finch staff with birds and wood – maybe even a few blocks of hay from harvesting grass with a sickle. Catching birds early pre-hardmode is actually kinda tough until you get some speed/jump boosting gear, so it would be reasonably difficult while eliminating the total randomness of surface chests.

Back
Top Bottom