Sprites Want to make an Artificial Biome that requires unsafe walls? I have the perfect concept for you!

So, let's say that for whatever reason you want to rebuild your Dungeon, while kepping the enemy spawning.
Currently you have to follow the natural walls to be able to do so, which can be quite a nuisance for map builders who want to have two specific biomes near each other,
for players who want to have easy access to a specific biome or for players who want to change the shape of their dungeon in Vanilla.

So how about we fix that?

I present to you 2 new Trown Powders and 2 new Clentaminator Solutions!

Where to get them: The Trown Powders are bought at the Dryad for 1 Silver and 25 Copper each, but only after Skeletron has been defeated.

Danger_Powder.png
Danger Powder: "I cannot be held liable for damage provoked by your reckless use of this Powder inside your home"
Converts the walls into their Unsafe counterpart (acts like a natural wall).

Safety_Powder.png
Safety Powder: "Remember: safety first! Not that it would be of any help here."
Converts the walls into their Safe counterpant (acts like any normal wall placed by the Player).

Where to get them: The Clentaminator Solutions are bought at the Steampunker for 30 Silver each, but only once all 3 mechs have been defeated.

Danger_Solution.png
Danger Solution: "I swear if yer going to spray tis' solution all over my home, I'm going to build a bloody Mechanical Brain to kill you!/Are you really that crazy?"
When used in conjuction with the Clentaminator it will convert the walls into their Unsafe counterpart.

Safety_Solution.png
Safety Solution: "Tis' will make the area a bit safer when you will use it./Trust me, it might seem the opposite, but it won't help that much."
When used in conjuction with the Clentaminator it will convert the walls into their Safe counterpart.

Note that the Dungeon won't be affected until Hardmode, and once Plantera is defeated all Dungeon Walls in the world will be converted into their Unsafe counterpart. The Post-Plantera Dungeon along with the Jungle Temple won't be affected until Golem is defeated.

The purple text in the tooltip of the Safety Powder will only show in a Master Mode world, in addition to the normal tooltip, meanwhile the purple text in the solutions will replace the tooltip entirely in Master Mode worlds.

Oh, all walls are affected (with the exception of the already mentioned execeptions), and if both the Safe and Unsafe versions of one wall meet each other, the will connect in a similar way to the Ecto Mist walls when they meet their natural version.

If a wall doesn't have a natural variant, it will spawn the NPCs of the biome the walls are in, and if there is a natural variant of that wall that spawns specific NPCs it will spawn those instead.

Hope you enjoyed this concept!

Credits: Sprites by Kirby737

10/12/2020
  • Changed the initial paragraph a bit.
15/11/2020
  • Now once Plantera is defeated all placed Dungeon Walls will be converted into their Unsafe counterpart.
  • The Post-Plantera Dungeon now won't be affected until Golem is defeated, as the Jungle Temple already works.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom