Wanting to sort of "update" my existing world

Vic 2.0

Terrarian
I've put a lot of time and effort into the world I have, but I know they changed some things in the last update that would normally require creating a new world to experience. Naturally I'd rather just bring that new stuff over to the world I already have; is that possible? I already know about the graveyard biome (how you're supposed to be able to just create one by setting up graves?) Is there anything else I'll end up missing out on if I remain loyal to my current address?

You might have to make new NPC housing (for pylons and all that), but as long as you have a world made in 1.3 or later (golfer is found in underground desert), you should be fine

Ok, yes, I found the golfer already, and will have to research "pylons" probably. Are there any other biomes/mini-biomes I need to find in another world and steal from to replicate here? Also, can I do it that way with the graveyard biomes? How does that work, just find one and steal the graves?

The only mini biomes added in 1.4 are oasis (which honestly aren't all that important, just a desert fishing spot that has a chance to generate), and a town. Towns are manually created when there are three or more NPCs in a close proximity. Graveyards are manually created by placing either 5 or 6 gravestones by each other.

Hmm. So what's the difference between an oasis biome and just a hole in the desert with some water poured into it, if you don't mind my asking? Maybe I'll go visit a small world and try to find these to at least see them once. Thanks for all your help so far, BTW!

Ummm I dont really know to be honest. I know that there are some plants that grow around there, but I don't know if they can grow any other way. They arent a 100% chance to get anyway

Water placed in on a surface desert is counted as an oasis for fishing. I would assume it would also be for critters.

Here's the critters and stuff that spawn in the Oasis

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 2.16.09 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 2.16.09 PM.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom