Warding or Menacing?

Warding or Menacing

• Warding

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Menacing

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters
It usually depends on your gameplay style.
Warding if you're taking a lot of hits. Menacing if you want to save on Emblems.

Warding if you're taking a lot of hits. Menacing if you want to save on Emblems.
Basically this, yes.

If you want to get ridiculous you'd ideally want to push for a mixture of Lucky and Menacing to get as close to a 100% critical hit rate as you can without sacrificing too much damage, but the current state of Expert mode doesn't really punish you for going full Lucky.

Menacing might become more useful in Master mode if the damage formula changes again.

If you're used to boss patterns and can maneuver through projectiles and attacks easily I'd go with Menacing but if you're sloppy or just prefer to tank more damage I'd go with Warding.

A stray stardust dragon, but who needs more? The slots are for the solar mobility and building accessories.
I always use a swarm of ufos, because if I'm building in a place with a high spawnrate in expert mode (I.E. jungle) a dragon usually isn't a robust enough defense system. Also why would anyone use mobility accessories? A shrimpy truffle or static hook is usually enough...

As others have said: Neither of these is better. You should pick the one that's best for you.
Are you good at dodging? Do you rarely die? Go for menacing.
Do you keep dying over and over again? Find that certain bosses keep killing you fast? Go for warding.

Lucky is a better modifier than Menacing, as the extra crit chance offers higher DPS, I try to balance Lucky and Warding 50/50.

Lucky is a better modifier than Menacing, as the extra crit chance offers higher DPS, I try to balance Lucky and Warding 50/50.

Lucky is my favorite modifier, but usually I'm unlucky and get menacing or warding first so I just roll with it. I do try to get menacing when I am playing magic class though, because I like to end battles quickly in that class.

Actually, lucky is an equal dps increase to menacing with a greater standard deviation. Seeing as it improves your damage by 100% 4% of the time it ends up boosting your dps by 4%, which is identical to menacing. However, it does have greater potential than menacing as it can affect your dps by drastically increasing or simply having it remain the same depending on your luck. It's really personal preference as to which you should use and the only real factor in picking is how much trust you want to put in rngsus.

Back
Top Bottom