Portfolio/Multi-Topic Warlocke's Assorted Suggestions.

The Warlocke

Skeletron Prime
Warning: I'm not an artist, I'm not a spriter, and any sprites I post here should be considered placeholders at best. Ugly, probably bastardized from existing Terraria sprites, placeholders. My crafting suggestions are probably ludicrous.

This will be a dumping site for any of the suggestion ideas I come up with. Some are more serious than others, some better thought out, and some... not so much. If you're looking for actual weapon stats or balancing, I'm not that guy... Hopefully there will be some gold (or at least iron pyrite) among the dross. Thank you for your consideration.
---------------

---------------

General Suggestions/Changes/Fixes
1: Wire / Gel bugs: Gel doesn't go to ammo slots unless you already have some there / Wire never stacks in ammo slots when acquired.
2: Have the Party Girl sell the Disco Ball, instead of the Merchant. It just makes more sense.
3: Make it so vanity accessories, like capes, can be placed on mannequins.

NEW ITEMS

mkiCqJZ.png

Luminous Paint

Material
Obtained: Purchased from Painter or crafted at the Dye Vat.
Crafting Suggestion: Paint + Fireflies/Lightning Bugs or Fallen Stars
What it Does: Luminous Paint doesn't really change the color of what's painted with it, but causes whatever is painted with it to glow with a faint light. The light is not really strong enough to illuminate surrounding objects, but does cause the painted item to be faintly self-illuminated. The effects are too weak to be noticeable in bright light.
Note: Originally this was part of set of Lunar-related items I had come up with.
---------------

mW2vZES.png
PD1F1Pu.png
3QuzEWH.png
HQnDXal.png

Spring-Heels Potion
Consumable
Obtained: Crafted at Alchemy Station.
Crafting Suggestion: Grasshoppers + Bottled Water + ???
What it Does: Increases the player's jump height and fall resistance for a few minutes.
I see this as being useful in the (very) early game, before player's have access to the various jumping/flying accessories, or mine deep enough to find Gravity potions. The materials would be relatively easy to come by and the potion gives an obvious and beneficial result: A nice introduction to potion crafting.
---------------

YKrCNcg.png

Web Sprayer
Novelty Weapon
Obtained: Web Covered Chests / Crafted at the Tinkerer's Workshop.
Crafting Suggestion: N/A / Umm, Illegal Gun Parts + Spider Egg?
What it Does: Sort of a novelty item that is used to quickly place webs, using webs as ammo. It functions in a manner very reminiscent of the Clentaminator (though it is blocked by walls), as it covers random empty spaces in the area you spray with webs. Great for that abandoned and haunted ambiance.
---------------

PEB86mM.gif

Punk Helm
Vanity / Armor
Obtained: Crafted at the Tinkerer's Workshop. (Possibly purchased from Party Girl/Cyborg under special circumstances?)
Crafting Suggestion: Ancient Gold Helmet/Mining Helmet + Any Boss Mask + Disco Ball/Nanites? I dunno...
What it Does: A vanity headpiece that provides illumination as per the Disco Ball. If it offers any defense at all, it might be the sum total of its materials.
This will never get into the game. `:cool:
---------------

[image pending... maybe]
Wreath Crown/Floral Crown
Vanity
Obtained: Either dropped outright by the Nymph (rarely), purchased from the Dryad in the Hallow, or created from Holly/Vine + Platinum/Gold Crown?
Crafting Suggestion: A vanity hat that causes little butterflies to flit around the player.
What it Does: A vanity headpiece that that causes insubstantial little birds and/or butterflies to flit around the player. Whether you sing "Someday My Prince Will Come" to them is your own business.
---------------

3uxNhVI.png

Bust
Furniture
Obtained: Crafted at Sawmill.
Crafting Suggestion: 6-8 Wood.
What it Does: It's a mannequin for your headgear. There are a lot of helmets, wigs, glasses, et cetera, that don't belong to an outfit (various holiday-themed headgear, Umbrella Hat, Balla Hat, Summer Hat, Peddler's Hat, and more, not to mention Ancient Helmets, if you don't want to make another whole suit of armor to stick them on). Currently your choices are A: Slap it on an otherwise naked mannequin, or B: Mix it with the shirt and pants of an unrelated outfit. This would give you a place to display all of these. Keeping it about the height of a chest would be good, but may be difficult, given the clearance needed for larger helmets/masks. Making it able to be set upon tables and the like would be also be nice.
---------------

dXy0avL.png
wSH2XIK.png
KEgPJc2.png

Chum Bomb
Weapon
Obtained: Crafted by hand.
Crafting Suggestion: Dynamite + Apprentice/Journeyman/Master Bait.
What it Does: If it explodes in a (large enough) body of water, it spawns a random assortment of biome-appropriate fish (presumably attracted by the bait and then killed by the blast). The results could be positively affected by whatever fishing gear you're wearing. Does not destroy blocks and only does damage on par with a grenade. The bomb could come in apprentice, journeyman, and master varieties, each one having an increased chance of spawning more/rarer fish than the last. Setting one off on dry land does nothing (though perhaps a minute percentage chance of spawning a shark directly above the player would be an option... Hehe). Probably also displaces a selection of Seaweed, Tin Cans, and Old Shoes. :(
---------------

7pPz7za.png

Bomb Detector
Accessory
Obtained:
Sold by the Traveling Merchant (or maybe the Demolitionist, under some special circumstances).
Crafting Suggestion: N/A
What it Does: Accessory that, when equipped, beeps when you are near Explosives. Useful in the early game, before the player can actually survive such an explosion.
---------------

zLxfQXM.png

Sludge
Material
Obtained:
Dropped by Toxic Sludge
---------------

tixlrFF.png

Bottle of Sludge
Material
Crafting Suggestion: 1 Sludge + 5 bottle = 5 Bottle of Sludge
What it Does: Stacks to 30.
---------------

Cg2CH42.png

Sludge Bomb
Weapon (Consumable)
Crafting Suggestion: 10 Bottle of Sludge, 1 Silk, 1 Torch
What it Does: Functions much like the Molotov Cocktail, but inflicts the Poisoned debuff, the pools of Sludge it creates are double the size of the Molotov's flames, and it does more damage, given that Sludge is only available in Hardmode. Stacks to 99.
---------------

1lW90W9.png
Now that is a bad picture.
Despoiling Rod
Magic Weapon
Obtained: Crafted at the Tinkerer's Workshop.
Crafting Suggestion: Nimbus Rod + 20 Bottle of Sludge + 15 Vile Powder
What it Does: Works like the Nimbus Rod, but the clouds are twice the width (and green, as is the rain), and only last for 30 seconds (half the duration of the Nimbus Rod). The rain does less damage than the Nimbus Rod, but inflicts the Poisoned debuff.
---------------

J9mY8Rn.png
Now that is the very definition of a placeholder graphic.
Firebug
Magic Weapon
Obtained: Crafted at the Tinkerer's Workshop.
Crafting Suggestion: Wasp Gun + Magma Stone?
What it Does: Functions like the Wasp Gun, but fires burning insects, which can inflict the On Fire! debuff on enemies. The insects are not hindered by lava or honey, but dissipate on contact with water.
---------------

dFvWtNH.gif

Boom Bot
Weapon (Consumable)
Obtained:
Crafted
Crafting Suggestion: 5 Bomb + 5 cog + 1 chain = 5 Boom Bot
What it Does: A bomb that will crawl the direction it was thrown until it hits an obstacle it can't mount, then turns the other direction. It takes double/triple the time to explode that a normal bomb does, and explodes when time runs out, or it runs into a monster.
{Alternatively, it could be made with grenades instead of bombs and does not displace blocks when it explodes.}
---------------

ZFcC91p.gif

Sticky Boom Bot
Weapon (Consumable)
Obtained:
Crafted
Crafting Suggestion: 5 Sticky Bomb + 5 cog + 1 chain = 5 Sticky Boom Bot
What it Does: Same as the Boom Bot, but rather than exploding on contact with enemies, the enemies stick to the bomb, which proceeds to drag the enemy along (or vice versa) with it until time runs out and it explodes. Multiple enemies can become stuck to the bomb in this manner.
---------------

If these images don't #$^@& show up because they're inside this spoiler, you should still be able to click them to see the full-size pictures.

Caryatid Column
Furniture
Obtained:
Crafted at the Heavy Work Bench.
Crafting Suggestion: 100 Stone/Granite/Marble Block
What it Does: It's a large (3x6 or 2x5?) decorative statue, male or female (one of each?), posed so that it appears to be holding something up (i.e. whatever is sitting above it).
---------------

Also...

Positioned so the three different actuators won't cover each other if you use them all on one block... which doesn't sound like a good idea to me, but what do I know?

NEW CREATURES

JZCDpJN.png
/
KGmlTFa.png

Royal Jellyfish
Pale yellow or golden jellyfish. Spawns in honey pools, in Hardmode. Probably tougher than a Pink Jellyfish but weaker than a Fungo Fish. Can inflict the Poisoned debuff. Percentage chance to drop an Abeemination (makes a kind of sense, considering what Royal Jelly does) or, of course, the usual Jellyfish items.
Oh, look, a Royal Jellyfish Bowl...
8PKgi2o.png
/
1oRffjZ.png

---------------

Last edited:
NEW ITEMS

O2O8qqV.png
No, the placeholder graphics don't get any better...
Stasis Column/Stasis Pillar
Furniture
Obtained: Crafted at the crystal ball?
Crafting Suggestion: Bone/Smooth Marble Block, one of each gemstone (minus Amber?), uh... and expensive Hardmode materials of some sort.
What it Does: Prevents the spread of any biome (Corruption, Crimson, Hallow...) within a particular radius (Should at least cover a decent screen width in diameter or you'd need to craft a ton of them to cover even a modest area).
---------------

Siren
Furniture
Obtained: Crafted at the table.
Crafting Suggestion: The usual metal + wire type of thing.
What it Does: A loudspeaker. Can be triggered by wires. Upon receiving a signal, the siren plays a klaxon sound at least once, with the sound repeating for as long as the siren continues to be powered.
---------------

Strange Attractor
Tool
Obtained: Found in chests? Crafted?
Crafting Suggestion: N/A?
What it Does: When activated, it teleports the player to the World Spawn Point or their currently designated bed. When activated again, it teleports them to the location they were at when they last activated the Strange Attractor. Rinse, repeat.
For spooky action.

Alternatively, this could be a furniture item that, when placed and activated, sends the player to the World Spawn Point or their currently designated bed. Essentially, a wireless teleporter that can only go to a single destination. Faster to set up than a teleporter, but limited in its use. (Giving it a somewhat long activation time would also mean the player has to fight off whatever is in the area until it activates, rather than being able to plant it and immediately flee an area.)

Last edited:
Reserved For Future Use... Is this move justified? Will I ever actually have this many ideas? I dare not speculate.

NEW MECHANICS

No More Zero-Value/Useless Items

Call me crazy, but zero-value/useless items (Coal, Old Shoe, Seaweed, Tin Can, boss masks, block-placing wands, Eater's Bone...) really kick my OCD into overdrive. I don't like just throwing them away, but there's also no reason to keep them.

Coal has the most obvious solution: Make it so you can throw coal into the Extractinator for a minute chance of getting a diamond.

Tin Cans, in large amounts, could be converted to Tin Bars.

Most items could just be made worth 1 copper, so at least it isn't worth nothing.

Of course, I'm not including building materials, like dirt, in this list; they actually have a use beyond just taking up space, but how many Hive Wands does one need to keep, beyond the first?

A new piece of furniture, the RECYCLER, could be added. You could feed any "useless" or "valueless" item into it for a chance that it spits out something useful. For extra fun, it could randomly spit out a monster, once in a while (especially if you're recycling boss masks and items made from bosses, like the Eater's Bone), either singularly or in a small group.
Perhaps a new monster, like a "Trash Slime" or "Compost Slime." It could just be a Toxic Sludge, though.

Any Trash Mob/Flash Mob puns are completely unintentional.

The Extractinator could serve this purpose just as easily as a new item, though.

Royal Jellyfish
Pale yellow or golden jellyfish. Spawns in honey pools, in Hardmode. Probably tougher than a Pink Jellyfish but weaker than a Fungo Fish. Can inflict the Poisoned debuff. Percentage chance to drop an Abeemination (makes a kind of sense, considering what Royal Jelly does) or, of course, the usual Jellyfish items.
Oh, look, a Royal Jellyfish Bowl...
8PKgi2o.png
Wait. Did you say it spawns in Honey pools?
So why was it put in a bowl with Water instead of Honey?

NEW ITEMS

O3X0DtM.png

Life Fruit Tart
Food Item
Obtained: Crafted at the Furnace.
Crafting Suggestion: 2-5 Life Fruit
What it Does: Grants the player the well fed buff for 10-15 minutes and the Regeneration buff for 3 minutes.

Mainly, it's there to provide a use for Life Fruit, once the player no longer needs them for increasing their health meter.
---------------

XxknPuv.png

Monster Above Sensor
Mechanism
Obtained: Crafted at the Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.
Crafting Suggestion: 5 Soul of Fright, 1 Any Iron Bar, 1 Wire
What it Does: Emits a signal when there is a monster above it.

You need it. You want it. The Monster Above Sensor haunts your dreams.
---------------

pYXef02.png

Placeable Kites
Furniture

Hopefully this is already in the game, but it would be great if kites could also be placed as furniture items.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom