PC "Warning!" message on Fisherman's Pocket Guide, and I can't catch anything.

Llefty

Terrarian
Before about an hour ago, I was able to fish perfectly fine. I was in the middle of an angler quest in the Underground Hallow, when suddenly the fishing power on my pocket guide changed to "Warning!" and I stopped catching fish. I've done everything - added additional lighting to the area, killed enemies, and nothing works. I gave the pocket guide/fisher of souls to my friend in the same place, and it worked fine for him. I couldn't find anything about this warning message on the wiki, so I hope one of you knows.

If you have Truffle Worms on your inventory you wont be able to catch anything (unless you're in ocean, you will summon Duke Fishron), just remove the Truffle Worms from your inventory and you will be fine :)

If you have Truffle Worms on your inventory you wont be able to catch anything (unless you're in ocean, you will summon Duke Fishron), just remove the Truffle Worms from your inventory and you will be fine :)
More specifically, another bait item needs higher precedence than the Truffle Worm. Putting the Truffle Worm in the bottom-right inventory slot will give it the lowest precedence, so any other bait will be used first.

B: WHY DOESN'T ANYONE READ THE POST DATES?
I'm guilty of this sometimes too. :)
I know it was necro-ed from 6 months ago, but in case someone searched for and found this, I wanted to provide a clearer answer.

Back
Top Bottom