Sprites Warphole Chest, a multiplayer Piggy Bank

652Graystripe

Plantera
Scenario: Today, @Pinelord and I were farming pirates. We got a Discount Card - only one, though. I stuck it in a chest, and we agreed to pull it out when we needed it. Convenient, but not super convenient.

With the Warphole Chest, which is sort of like the Money Trough in how it works, you can place items in and they will be available to anyone in the world. Since it's summonable, you don't have to carry all the stuff around with you; you can just keep non-urgent-still-handy stuff in it for use. Sound okay? I'll also note you can't open it while someone else is using it; this would give a message like "This warphole is being used! Don't shred reality, buster!"

Warphole_Chest.gif Warphole Chest (the warphole itself)
-Sold by Goblin Tinkerer, who has been messing with something he shouldn't
--Thanks, @SteveisNoob

Okay, not clear enough? Well, I'll elaborate. This is how I'd use it.
-With Pinelord and I on a multiplayer world, we'd place our one Discount Card in. We might toss in stuff like a drill mount, fishing pole, bait, maybe potions, etc. That way, either of us could reach in our portable chest at any time and grab out what we needed. A somewhat realistic scenario:
-I'm farming for pirate maps in the ocean, while he's grinding pirates at our spawn. I can toss in pirate maps and he can grab them out whenever they're needed.
-I forgot my fishing pole, but I was going to grab a few quest fish. Good job, me. For convenience's sake, he puts the fishing pole into the chest.
-He's in need of more Clentaminator solution for the ever-present Corruption question. I can buy more and send it straight to him. No wormhole potions required.

Obviously this would be somewhat niche - only useful if you only want to make one of something. Couldn't really work for everything, since sometimes you need a good weapon right now, and it might be a pain to grab a pickaxe out whenever you wanted to break down a few walls. But it's for convenience, what can I say.

@Brick Creeper @crackshotCerberus

Last edited:
What about making it more early game, even pre-hardmode? May be it can be a drop from Goblin Invasion, which only have a small amount of loot.

No Ender Chest references here or anything...

I like it. It has uses in both multiplayer and single player. You could all your potions in it, then place another chest elsewhere as you fight/farm a boss. I do agree with Steveis that it should be pre-hardmode, however.

No Ender Chest references here or anything...

I like it. It has uses in both multiplayer and single player. You could all your potions in it, then place another chest elsewhere as you fight/farm a boss. I do agree with Steveis that it should be pre-hardmode, however.
Ender Chest? Now that's a blast from the past. Haven't played ye olde Minecraft in probably years.

In singleplayer, unfortunately, it'd probably have the same functionality as a piggy bank.

It's a good idea, but I think it should be placeable too (like the piggybank is) because it's not likely every player is going to have the item to summon it.

You also kind of have to trust everyone in your game, because if there's someone in the group who might just empty and take everything from it, that would be really unfortunate :(

It's a good idea, but I think it should be placeable too (like the piggybank is) because it's not likely every player is going to have one of these
Unfortunately, that kind of defeats the purpose of it. If it's placeable as an effort to make it available to anyone, it's basically a normal chest in that the person who doesn't have it is going to have to go to it/get the owner to place it.

Unfortunately, that kind of defeats the purpose of it. If it's placeable as an effort to make it available to anyone, it's basically a normal chest in that the person who doesn't have it is going to have to go to it/get the owner to place it.
well, think of it as one extra access point to the chest, that multiple people can use. idk, it might come in handy

well, think of it as one extra access point to the chest, that multiple people can use. idk, it might come in handy
Well, IIRC the Money Trough works as a piggy bank for anyone on the world. Perhaps, if that's something that we really need, the despawn time for the Warphole Chest can be longer.

Well, IIRC the Money Trough works as a piggy bank for anyone on the world. Perhaps, if that's something that we really need, the despawn time for the Warphole Chest can be longer.
The money trough works as an access point to your player's piggy bank. No one else can see it, it's just a more convenient way to get into a piggy when you aren't near a placed one

The money trough works as an access point to your player's piggy bank. No one else can see it, it's just a more convenient way to get into a piggy when you aren't near a placed one
Yeah, I know. This is pretty much the same in terms of everything, except it's the only way to access it.

Now that's a thought. What if the safe was changed to be a placeable version of this? I mean, it's only 20 times the price of the piggy bank.

It's not that I don't appreciate the sentiment but there's a good reason why only one player can accessory storage at any given time and that's duplication explodes or even worse; crashes/loss of items. A suggestion to feasible make this a tool is to have separate right-click/left-click functionality, both summon different 'accessy points' as it were, one only allows you to put items in and the other vise versa, like a Money Trough but there can only be one of each in any world at a given time, so two players can't attempt to take the same item at the same time since the one allowing withdrawal works like a chest being opened.

Personally I'd prefer a special chest that offers different storage space based upon your team colour, no matter how many multiple there are in the world only one player can open a given storage space at a time, others try at the same time are given a message stating it's in use. It'd be a little like a shared safe for each team but with duplication, even with perfectly timed opening from various players the result would be selective kicking until there's only one accessing it.

This would be nice. However, I think that it should have some sort of code to get into, that way if you're on a server with people you don't trust, be they friends or strangers, only people with the code can open it.

+1 Support!

Back
Top Bottom