Was liquid duplication via pump circulation patched with 1.4?

I don't see any mention of it in the patch notes, but I built what should be a container that fills itself up by intaking liquid and expelling it into the same container. The output pump used to seemingly output more than the input pump would take, but now it seems to be circulating the liquid without any gain/loss. Wondering if I got something wrong in the setup or if this was fixed. Thanks!

I did a quick test on an old setup from me that worked beforehand and yeah I think you're right, it's now no longer producing more liquid anymore.

Yeah, it seems they patched it, which is kind of sad since it was the best way to get obsidian/crispy honey. Hope they patch it back, since honey is non-renewable without this.

I managed to get water duplication working with 1 inlet 2 outlet, though still can't figure out lava and honey atm.

I crafted 20 honey rockets without any noticeable decrease in liquid, and shooting them made a TON of honey. Have you tried the rockets yet?

I crafted 20 honey rockets without any noticeable decrease in liquid, and shooting them made a TON of honey. Have you tried the rockets yet?

That requires 50 silver per rocket, 37 with happiness bonuses. That's still a lot more than the 0 it costs in a replicator. It's also mid-Hardmode, while a replicator is mid-to-late-pre-Hardmode.

Of course, if you're in Journey Mode, you could just duplicate the rockets. Or just duplicate filled buckets, if you want a slower method ;)

I managed to get my tanks pumping again until the hotfix today. This was in a multiplayer world; had to play with the timer intervals quite a bit but did eventually have all 3 liquids working. Now they don't seem to anymore. Saw this in the hotfix notes, probably related:

• Reduced liquid movement restrictions in Multiplayer, which should translate to more liquid being allowed to move in servers at once
  • Improved how multiplayer servers handle liquid syncing

jeez... it only took 24 hours (I've not slept in awhile ~.~) butttttt...
heres a tutorial I just recently finished, the machine does all 3 liquids.

YOU NEEDA BE ON A MULTIPLAYER SERVER. Even if no one is playing with you, host it by yourself. liquids act differently on single player and I can't be bothered to get it working on single player. >.> gl and hf. also lava needs a 5 second timer (forgot to put that in video) honey/water need 3 second timers.

Last edited:
Nice tutorial. I did get mine functioning again as well, even after the hotfix, but going forward I'd probably redesign them to be larger and have more cascaders, because they fill very slowly and jankily. If the liquid gets too low, it stops duplicating even though it can keep cycling the liquid, so I can't use much at a time. It's mostly fine though.

Also a hosted world, but here's the setup I have

1590254795160.png

Nice tutorial. I did get mine functioning again as well, even after the hotfix, but going forward I'd probably redesign them to be larger and have more cascaders, because they fill very slowly and jankily. If the liquid gets too low, it stops duplicating even though it can keep cycling the liquid, so I can't use much at a time. It's mostly fine though.

Also a hosted world, but here's the setup I have

yep mine have the same issue, why i put those top tanks on them to catch whatever duplicated, its still slow but that way you don't have to worry about it being low on the working part. I'm gunna work with them ina few days and try to redesign them to go faster but >.> as "janky" as these things are might be hard to do.

What are the current mechanisms for generating infinite money (ignoring Journey mode duping)? With Wet Bombs, Honey Bombs, and Lava Bombs (and apparently rocket equivalents), any money-generating tool essentially can become a liquid generating tool.

1.4.0.4 patch notes say:

-Added a serverconfig setting "slowliquids" that restores the maximum moving liquid/quick settle condition to 1.3.5.3's setting, off by default. Turning this on will decrease the amount of liquid that can move at once, but may reduce lag

That probably affect this. It sounds like we can restore the old way liquids moved and the old liquid duplication method in multiplayer?

Interesting, that would probably do it. Won't mess with my current world now, but maybe I'll experiment with that down the road. Thanks for pointing it out!

What are the current mechanisms for generating infinite money (ignoring Journey mode duping)? With Wet Bombs, Honey Bombs, and Lava Bombs (and apparently rocket equivalents), any money-generating tool essentially can become a liquid generating tool.

I would give a try to use the Jungle Ocean Farm. Before explaining it further I'll post a video of it if anyone doesn't know it. The real downside to this method is the 2 super rare items - Slime Staff & Lucky Coin - which are required for this method.

This type of farm may need some tweaks, apparently the AI was changed of fish and they will not charge you if they can't see you. I think I saw someone report that as a bug but devs said it was intentional.

Back
Top Bottom