Other Water Bottles, Drowning, and the Wet Debuff

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Just a minor suggestion. Or two. Or ten.

Bottled_Water.png
Suffocation.png
Whenever disputes over logic and Terraria arise, you often hear the story about the drowning player who can pop open their inventory and chug some Bottled Water to heal and undo the damage they sustained by drowning. C'mon, Terraria. This should be fixed. You can't drink water to undo damage caused by too much water. My simple proposition: Make Bottled Water and Bottled Honey unusable when submerged in Water, Honey, and Lava, I guess, as well as make the 'Quick Heal' button ignore these items when submerged to avoid exploits and whatnot. Oh, and if you're suffocating on Sand, Silt, or Slush, you shouldn't be able to consume any items, be it food or drink.

Wet.png
Slime_%28debuff%29.png
Maybe do a bit more than that. Just for visual effect, being waist-deep in water should apply the Wet debuff, which lasts for a few seconds after exiting the water. It's weird as balls being underwater, getting sprayed by a Water Gun, and then getting Wet. This would also differentiate the Wet debuff from the Water Gun from the Slimed Debuff from the Slime Gun (which should also have a chance to be inflicted by all slimes, again, just for visual effect) since it would be independant from water.

Just a couple of minor changes that would put logic into water. (I hope it doesn't drown.) That is all. Peace.

Last edited:
Finally, someone trying to introduce logic to terraria. Haha, good luck with that:) but seriously, i love this idea.

Maybe the wet debuff could slow your movement speed slightly if the idea is taken in by devs?

You could make some squishy wet footstep sounds for a few seconds... I can't think of a reasonable debuff that wouldn't be too irritating on top of water already.

Wet debuff shouldn't be very annoying. It's like, more attention from enemies, less fire damage, movement speed decreased etc.

Well, it should be like this:
Drowning
Cannot use any potion
(because they are liquid, and you can't just open a bottle of liquid and drink it underwater lol)

Last edited:
Wet effect should still useless, but they could be applied when enter in water and when it's raining, just for more logic and visual effect...

Seems logical and simple. Something like this would work well in-game and I don't see why they shouldn't add this. After all, the development group is called Re-Logic.

This has being going around since the beginning of time but finally someone who's actually suggested it! Job well done

Well, it should be like this:
Drowning
Cannot use any potion
(because they are liquid, and you can't just open a bottle of liquid and drink it underwater lol)
Hmm... well, forcing a healing elixir down your throat would help. Forcing more water down your throat wouldn't.

That would be true for Suffocation, though. If your choking on sand, you cant get anything in your system.

if we have to remove this, then we have to remove gastropods.
No. Gastropods are Hallowed Snails imbued with illuminant powers. Still gastropods.

Wyverns, on the other hand...

And why exactly?
because they make even less sense than using water to stop drowning.

just taking a midnight stroll through a holy land
the last thing you would expect is a giant flying snail that shoots lasers to assault me for no good reason.

basically my point is that logic shouldn't really apply in this situation.
bottled water is implemented as a healing item. it is how it is coded.
the fact that drowning is a debuff and can be healed by an healing item, including water is fine by me
a silly goof that should be left in. kinda like the head banging stormtrooper from Star Wars episode IV

Back
Top Bottom