Mobile Waterleaf Seed Harvesting Q&A.

Sirine

Terrarian
Mobile Version: 11977 (Version History)
Date: 25-Apr-2016
1) Creating a Coral farm along with the Waterleaf farm are a good combination for farming. (To make Sonar Potion.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobile Version:
11965 (Version History)
Date: 18-Apr-2016

Please read the wiki about Waterleaf Seeds. This thread serve the purpose of question wiki/web does not clearly stated.
Waterleaf-stages.png

State: Newly Plant (Stage1) ---> Grown (Stage2) ---> Bloom (Stage3).

1) Waterleaf grow very very very slowly. It might take up to 5 in-game day AND night in order for it to grow to stage 2. (Times varies due "raining" state? Critic welcome.)

2) Plant in a "Clay Pot" are highly recommended since in sandy area you might accidently harvest it when its not ready 'bloom'. Especially IMP pet. (Click on 1 tile up of the pot, to plant the seed)

3) "Clay Pot" does not need to be in desert background biome. (Could this contribute to help speed up to stage 2 if planted at desert area? Critic welcome)

Update: It seems that clay pot put at 'beach area' (Original desert background biome) on sand. Will have "chances" to directly grown to stage2 within 'seconds' after newly plant.
I'm using 30 pots to experiment a stright line from coast to inland, and it seems that about 4 directly grown to stage2. Location of the grown are random, no particular pattern to show that the one near the ocean biome or inland biome grown to stage 2 1st.

4) Waterleaf Instantly "Bloom" when submerge in water. When they are in grown state2. (Reminder: mobile version only)

5) Fully submerge Waterleaf stage1 in water does NOT help in growing to Stage2. (Tested 1 case only, more data/critic welcome.)

Update: It seems that it will actually stop growing if fully submerge in water. (30 pots experiment)

6) Creating new world spamming/searching for desert and beach does not help. It rarely spawn 'ready' in stage2.

7) Creating a long 1 tile flat/deep sandy long beach (about 200+ tile) do help on spawning 'ready' in stage2. If you wait long enought before revisiting the site.

Update: Best on getting your 1st seeds for pot plantation.

8) (Mobile) Raining does not make Waterleaf to bloom.

9) Waterleaf and palm tree are consider the same categories of plant, and hence if there are too many of them together in a pack place, one or another will not grows, vice versa.

Will try to update this thread along the way.

Last edited:
Woah woah woah, what is this thread about? I thought it was gonna be a Q & A
I think he was trying to say that he made this thread with the purpose of informing us about how Waterleaf works in Mobile and to answer any questions that would be asked by people after reading the wiki page, bearing any doubts on the process.

Anyways, thank you for sharing; this information would come in handy some time! :)

Sad day for me.
Today I've try to use the Cloud save. Created a character call 'Test', Created a world call 'TestWorld'.
Start the game, play a few minutes. Then quit to main manu.
The next thing I want to do, go to Start Game, Cloud, Delete 'Test'. Confirm Yes, press on the Back arrow. AND....
My local save character was...Gone!!!!.

Try to root my phone (RedMi Note 2), with no success. MIUI Glabal 7.2|Stable (7.2.3.0 KHDMIDA)
-Try to undelete my character file. But fail.

My world still there but my character money in the peggy bank, gone. And some items in Safe also gone.

I need some time to overcome this. :(

My progress are until the 2 mech boss kill. (except the pair eye).
Last used weapons - Mushroom Spear (Godly)
Last armor - Adamantite Melee set.

Accessories:
Lucky Horse Shoes
Bundle of Balloons
Frostspark Boots
Star Veil
Charm of Myths

About 8 Platimun (Money)

Things that I use frequently:-
Orichalcum Drill
Imp Staff
Honeyed Goggles
Gold Axe (Yes I only use Gold Axe)
Pwnhammer (Do I have to kill WoF again???, The world still in hard mode???)
Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole
Bucket x 125....Damn..I need lots of bar for this...

Well,it seems nothing for me,maybe just because my data was reseted so many times(in all updates,only one time I didn't lose data),that I stopped caring about it anymore,also,it really isn't that much,just take your time and slowly play your data back,you will realize it really isn't so hard.

I only use cloud world for my Cloud Character in case i need to transfer ALL my stuff to another world or to another world on another device.

Just to write my Character Set here. So, in case I lost my character again, I can have somewhere to trace back.

As of 27-Apr-2016
Progress- beat 3 mechnical boss.- Done, Plantera not yet.

Last used weapons - Mushroom Spear (Godly)
Last armor - Frost Melee set.

Accessories:
Lightning Boots (Can't seems to find an ice skates)
Avenger Emblem
Obsidian Shield (Swap with Charm of Myths if necessary)
Leaf Wings
Star Veil

Things that I use frequently:-
Drax
Pwnhammer
Meteor Hamaxe
Pirate Staff
Bucket x 99
Nimbus Rod
Magic Mirror

Welcome to suggest on equipment to beat Plantera.

You will have to make a different post about this as this is not about the current subject. Once you do a separate post, I can guide you from there.

Back
Top Bottom