Tool WAV to XNB Converter

jopojelly

Retinazer
tModLoader
This is a simple, standalone tool that converts WAV files to XNB files. Using this, you can replace audio files in Terraria with your own audio files. Thus, you can change sound effects in game.

No longer will you need to install Microsoft XNA Game Studio 4.0 and follow a bunch of steps for such a simple thing.

Github
Download: WAVToXNBSoundConverter v0.1

Usage: Drag and drop to convert one wav file, or double click yo convert all WAV files in the current folder. Back up origional XNB file and replace with converted file. Enjoy.

See here for someone else's XNB to WAV converter.

Last edited:
This is a simple, standalone tool that converts WAV files to XNB files. Using this, you can replace audio files in Terraria with your own audio files. Thus, you can change sound effects in game.

No longer will you need to install Microsoft XNA Game Studio 4.0 and follow a bunch of steps for such a simple thing.

Download: WAVToXNBSoundConverter v0.1

Usage: Drag and drop to convert one wav file, or double click yo convert all WAV files in the current folder. Back up origional XNB file and replace with converted file. Enjoy.

See here for someone else's XNB to WAV converter.
Can you make a png to xnb converter

At times, I will get an error called
Code:
Problem 3
when I drag some .wav files in to convert. Why does this happen exactly? I'm not sure what the root cause of it is. I am trying to use .wav files that are in my Dropbox folder but not yet synced with my Dropbox; and I am trying to use the program in a folder outside of my Dropbox; this might not be relevant though. How do I fix this? Thank you!

At times, I will get an error called
Code:
Problem 3
when I drag some .wav files in to convert. Why does this happen exactly? I'm not sure what the root cause of it is. I am trying to use .wav files that are in my Dropbox folder but not yet synced with my Dropbox; and I am trying to use the program in a folder outside of my Dropbox; this might not be relevant though. How do I fix this? Thank you!
That means the wav isn't a proper PCM wav. Try saving it from Audacity as a normal PCM wav.

That means the wav isn't a proper PCM wav. Try saving it from Audacity as a normal PCM wav.
Do you know if there is a way to do this with Adobe Audition CS6? If not, I'll see if I can find out. Maybe in the future, the tool could get updated to show what each error means. :p

Cool app, but I'm having a bit of technical difficulties with it. When I place the .wav file in the same file as the .exe application, it says "problem 4". What does that mean, and how do I fix it?

Back
Top Bottom