Tool WAV to XNB Converter

Well, I had the idea to try to make my own wavebank from any & all remixs of terraria music I could find online. :)

Thanks for the tool! i tried to change the extenstion name simbplly, but when i played it, the sound was muted XD

i couldnt hear it maybe because it was in the wrong coding for the file to be read by terraria.

The code works great. I hope it's alright that I added it to my own program that combines png_to_xnb, WAVToXNBConverter and TExtract. I'm trying to make a central tool for all resource management features.

Yeah I tried using it but it just closes no matter what I do, even if I just click on it. Idk if it creates the file because I cannot find it anywhere. Idk if I am being an idiot or doing something wrong or just outdated.

Yeah I tried using it but it just closes no matter what I do, even if I just click on it. Idk if it creates the file because I cannot find it anywhere. Idk if I am being an idiot or doing something wrong or just outdated.

You may not be passing any arguments to the program. This is a console application designed to run once and then exit. Most applications like this work best when run through Window's command prompt. You can shift click on a folder and select Open Command Prompt (or cmd) window here. (Does not work in library folders). After that call "WAVToXNBSoundConverter v0.1.exe" (quotes are important if spaces are in the name) and it should output instructions on how to use the program. Hope this helps. :)

(Protip: Have all of the files in the same folder you open the command prompt in, that way it can identify the files without you having to provide full paths)

Many programs (such as ffmpeg.exe) function this way, so it's helpful to remember this information for the future.

You may not be passing any arguments to the program. This is a console application designed to run once and then exit. Most applications like this work best when run through Window's command prompt. You can shift click on a folder and select Open Command Prompt (or cmd) window here. (Does not work in library folders). After that call "WAVToXNBSoundConverter v0.1.exe" (quotes are important if spaces are in the name) and it should output instructions on how to use the program. Hope this helps. :)

(Protip: Have all of the files in the same folder you open the command prompt in, that way it can identify the files without you having to provide full paths)

Many programs (such as ffmpeg.exe) function this way, so it's helpful to remember this information for the future.
I got it to work now. Thanks.

The first post has a link to the github. I don't know where you see that link. I don't know why people are using this program, it's pretty useless, as Terraria resource packs support non-xnb files like wav anyway.

Also, Tconvert does all this and much, much more: Tool - TConvert - Extract content files and convert them back
oh when i tried to use wav for my pack it still kept the old sounds even through the file structure seemed correct as packname/content/sounds/npc_hit_20.wav didnt change it

Back
Top Bottom