Sprites We all know how purifying worlds is hard, so I made something to help with it!

Ever tried purifying a world? If yes, you know how you have to dig tons of hellevators distant 120 blocks from eachother to do it or you'll almost surely miss a patch of Evil/spreading biome that will easily undo all of your hard work. So I made this thread to help purify your world!
I am not expert at balancing, so most likely at least one of these ideas is going to end unbalanced.
Feel free to criticise my idea with constructive advice, even if it is a negative one. Or don't, it's fine too.
Of course, it's all going to be items, because if it was otherwise it would be in another section.
Alright, let's get into the items!

Book_of_Evil.png
"Say all evil"
When used as you would use a weapon, it will open up a text box that says the percentage of your world that is infected, the same way as the Dryad does, but also says what Evil/spreading biomes are present, for example Surface Hallowed Snow biome, Underground Crimson etc.
It is crafted with this recipe: Spell_Tome.png 1 Spell Tome + Cursed_Flame.png 5 Cursed Flames/Ichor.png 5 Ichor + Crystal_Shard.png 5 Crystal Shards at a Crystal_Ball.png Crystal Ball
The first of the items, that is able to be acquired at the start of Hardmode. Not too useful, but it's unlikely you'd want to completely purify your world as soon as Hardmode starts.
Its base sell price is 1 Gold and 20 Silver

Bell of Evil
Bell_of_Evil.png
"Hear all Evil"
When in the Inventory, a toogle like the Torch God's Favor's will appear, and once turned on it will detect patches of Evil/Spreading blocks made up of at least 20 blocks in a radius of 85 blocks horizontally and 60 blocks vertically, warning you if it has detected Corruption, Crimson or Hallow, like the Metal Detector. A patch is a collection of spreading blocks that is no farther from each other than 6 blocks.
It is crafted with the following recipe: Bell.png 1 Bell + Soul_of_Light.gif 5 Souls of Light + Soul_of_Night.gif 5 Souls of Night + Ectoplasm.png 5 Ectoplasm at a Crystal_Ball.png Crystal Ball
The second item, acquired in the middle of Hardmode

Eye of Evil
Eye_of_Evil.png
"See all evil"
When in the inventory, a toggle similar to the Torch God's Favor's will appear, and if it is turned on will higlight all blocks that spread the Evil/spreading biomes on the screen and reveal them on the map, which means you won't have to dig hellevator all over the place to completely purify your world
It is a guaranted drop from Moon Lord, or alternatively it is crafted with this recipe: Soul_of_Night.gif 10 Souls of Night + Soul_of_Light.gif 10 souls of Light + Soul_of_Sight.gif 10 Souls of Sight + Luminite_Bar.png 5 Luminite Bars at a Crystal_Ball.png Crystal Ball.
The last of the items, and the most important of them all, acquired after you've defeated the final boss
Its base sell price is 15 Gold

And with that we've reached the end of this thread! Hope you enjoyed it!
27/05/2021
  • Published the Thread
  • Fixed some broken images
  • Sligtly reworked the bell of evil with suggestion from Planthair01

Last edited:
Bell of Evil
Bell_of_Evil.png
"Hear all Evil"
When in the Inventory, a toogle like the Torch God's Favor's will appear, and once turned on it will detect patches of Evil/Spreading blocks made up of at least 20 blocks in a radius of 85 blocks horizontally and 60 blocks vertically, warning you if it has detected Corruption, Crimson or Hallow, like the Metal Detector. A patch is a collection of spreading blocks that is no farther from each other than 6 blocks.
It is crafted with the following recipe: Bell.png 1 Bell + Soul_of_Light.gif 5 Souls of Light + Soul_of_Night.gif 5 Souls of Night + Ectoplasm.png 5 Ectoplasm at a Crystal_Ball.png Crystal Ball
The second item, acquired in the middle of Hardmode
I think this should detect the presence of any Evil blocks, like even a single block of Hallow. A common problem with purification is that you miss very small areas with Clentaminator, which later begin to spread.

I also think that Bell should be post-3 mech and Eye should be post-Plant, instead of post-Plant and endgame. This way you would actually be able to collect them when purification and controlling evil is relevant instead of after you beat everything. As a postgame reward related to cleaning, you could have like a “super-clentaminator” - it is postgame, after all, so you would deserve ultimate control over biomes.

Good idea though, I like the idea of having more loot related to purification is definitely needed. Also like the sprites.

Back
Top Bottom