Console We need KB+Mouse support!

gtasthehunter

Terrarian
Any way to add KB+Mouse support and keep controller as default I just want extra shortcuts like 1-9 for the toolbar and to be able to use a mouse sometimes cause a mouse could hover over buffs, info icons like form cell phone To see more details and time left on buff and even turn them off or on or cancel buffs would be easier than going to 2nd equipment page and move all the way down to buffs to check or remove them.

Those same info icons can be hard to pick the right one you want on or off a mouse would make that easier too and it would make building and mining easier too while still be to use controller and KB+Mouse and without changing any setting.

And there really isn't enough buttons to set Quick Mount, Heal, Buff, Mana or Throw to either so KB support would help with that, or more touchpad gestures like swipe up down left and right and pinching in and the out.

The PS4 already has some basic KB support with no games running and works fine with FF14 and I'm still using the controller as default and just use KB+M for shortcuts and chat and chose stuff with the mouse.

this probably won't happen, not if the console platform supports keyboard and mouse entirely as a alternate form of control for all games

this probably won't happen, not if the console platform supports keyboard and mouse entirely as a alternate form of control for all games

The PS4 already supports KB keyboard and mouse the support needs to be added to the games and not all games needs KB+mouse support like I said I already use KB+mouse along with controller at the same time on FF14 online, not as an alternate form of control it would be extra. And I wouldn't want It to be just KB+mouse cause I can't do the WSAD movement either. I'm sure for most PC games it would only be either KB+Mouse or Controller but it should be able to be both too not just one.

A keyboard does some of the following should be more just not sure.
Pause/Break = PS Button
Printscreen = Share Button
Arrow keys = D-Pad
Enter = X
Escape = O

Just try any USB Keyboard or wireless keyboard with dongle and they will work I even use it to type to redeem codes
And one thing I really hate is why can't I use a keyboard to name the worlds...

The PS4 already supports KB keyboard and mouse the support needs to be added to the games and not all games needs KB+mouse support like I said I already use KB+mouse along with controller at the same time on FF14 online, not as an alternate form of control it would be extra. And I wouldn't want It to be just KB+mouse cause I can't do the WSAD movement either. I'm sure for most PC games it would only be either KB+Mouse or Controller but it should be able to be both too not just one.

A keyboard does some of the following should be more just not sure.
Pause/Break = PS Button
Printscreen = Share Button
Arrow keys = D-Pad
Enter = X
Escape = O

Just try any USB Keyboard or wireless keyboard with dongle and they will work I even use it to type to redeem codes
And one thing I really hate is why can't I use a keyboard to name the worlds...
what i mean is that, no matter were you go, you can officially use a keyboard and mouse without any third party software/hardware at all.

what i mean is that, no matter were you go, you can officially use a keyboard and mouse without any third party software/hardware at all.
that makes no sense at all the ps4 has the support for a keyboard and mouse PS4 UI doesn't really use a mouse but games can! And it is the game developer that needs to add the support!

And if it is the way I think you are saying it would be like a configurable setting where a keyboard keys could be set to what buttons do that wouldn't work with what is needed cause I need to use a controller and KB+M at the same time! I just want the keyboard to what a keyboard does type and use shortcuts there really isn't enough buttons on the ps4 controller to use all the quick actions and I hate using buff potions one at a time or setting it to Square then forget to change it back quick heal and then end up wasting more buff potions.

And if crossplay ever happens with PC<>PS4 idk about xbox1 the consoles games would really need KB+M support cause don't most on PC use KB+M I know the can change it to either so why can't it be like that for PS4 but with both usable at the same time.

that makes no sense at all the ps4 has the support for a keyboard and mouse PS4 UI doesn't really use a mouse but games can! And it is the game developer that needs to add the support!

And if it is the way I think you are saying it would be like a configurable setting where a keyboard keys could be set to what buttons do that wouldn't work with what is needed cause I need to use a controller and KB+M at the same time! I just want the keyboard to what a keyboard does type and use shortcuts there really isn't enough buttons on the ps4 controller to use all the quick actions and I hate using buff potions one at a time or setting it to Square then forget to change it back quick heal and then end up wasting more buff potions.

And if crossplay ever happens with PC<>PS4 idk about xbox1 the consoles games would really need KB+M support cause don't most on PC use KB+M I know the can change it to either so why can't it be like that for PS4 but with both usable at the same time.
cross play is never happening, besides Sony seems to openly reject cross play for the bull :red: reason that is "for the children"

cross play is never happening, besides Sony seems to openly reject cross play for the bull :red: reason that is "for the children"
Not really FFXIV Online is crossplay with PC<>PS4, and Xbox/Microsoft didn't want to for some reason and so Sony isn't the only one who hasn't accepted crossplay and Terraria aren't owned by Microsoft so there is more of a chance. And there could be PC<>PS4 and PC<>XBOX but not likely all 3.

Not that I care cause I wouldn't trust half of the players to not be griefers to not take or destroy stuff. and now it isn't even safe to just let anyone in your worlds cause there is no easy way exit without saving anymore, there is have autosave off and just close app but that shouldn't need to be done and more work than should be needed

And all I really just want KB+mouse support after bug fixes are done and more stable cause how does the Host get DC'ed from their own game they are hosting!

Not really FFXIV Online is crossplay with PC<>PS4, and Xbox/Microsoft didn't want to for some reason and so Sony isn't the only one who hasn't accepted crossplay and Terraria aren't owned by Microsoft so there is more of a chance. And there could be PC<>PS4 and PC<>XBOX but not likely all 3.

Not that I care cause I wouldn't trust half of the players to not be griefers to not take or destroy stuff. and now it isn't even safe to just let anyone in your worlds cause there is no easy way exit without saving anymore, there is have autosave off and just close app but that shouldn't need to be done and more work than should be needed

And all I really just want KB+mouse support after bug fixes are done and more stable cause how does the Host get DC'ed from their own game they are hosting!
Getting off topic, but @salad_den is right. Most of the time, Sony is the one who doesn't allow crossplay. Minecraft (Owned by Microsoft) will allow you to play on the Xbox, Windows 10 version, Pocket Edition (Ipad/Tablet) and even the Switch version, and play with anyone who has any of those versions. Read this article: http://mashable.com/2017/09/20/minecraft-better-together-playstation-explained/#3nW84mt4xOqF

Now, let's stop mentioning this on this thread.

Keyboard support probably won't happen on Console games, that's why they have their own controllers.

Keyboard support probably won't happen on Console games, that's why they have their own controllers.
I don't matter if it probably won't happen it needs to happen after bugs and stuff are fixed, cause if the game on pc can use KB+M and controller. I can't see why they can't add KB+M support for PS4, which is why I've started this topic, it only hasn't happened cause most players don't know that KB+M would even work cause not many games really requires them and so no one or not many has thought or a KB and it does help to reply to msgs too. And Only one game that I know of uses KB+M but more games like this (with blocks) should have KB+M support!

And the controller is still short on buttons and missing several touchpad gesture and buttons. When there was some touchpad gesture before but now none, cause I need something to set each of these to quick heal, mount, mana, buff and throw. and with a KB it would give you more shortcuts

I don't matter if it probably won't happen it needs to happen after bugs and stuff are fixed, cause if the game on pc can use KB+M and controller. I can't see why they can't add KB+M support for PS4, which is why I've started this topic, it only hasn't happened cause most players don't know that KB+M would even work cause not many games really requires them and so no one or not many has thought or a KB and it does help to reply to msgs too. And Only one game that I know of uses KB+M but more games like this (with blocks) should have KB+M support!

And the controller is still short on buttons and missing several touchpad gesture and buttons. When there was some touchpad gesture before but now none, cause I need something to set each of these to quick heal, mount, mana, buff and throw. and with a KB it would give you more shortcuts
problem is KB+M is the default thing and game pads are so :red:ing easy to emulate on a OPEN PLATFORM, unlike consoles which is a CLOSED PLATFORM were company's will succ you dry for your money on games and controllers that will only work on their CLOSED PLATFORM

problem is KB+M is the default thing and game pads are so :red:ing easy to emulate on a OPEN PLATFORM, unlike consoles which is a CLOSED PLATFORM were company's will succ you dry for your money on games and controllers that will only work on their CLOSED PLATFORM

That has nothing to do with KB+M on ps4 like I said any USB KB+M already works on the ps4! And it isn't like all game need KB+M just games like this with block building and even The Sims 4 really needs KB+M and lots of other players already agree with that too.

Can't anyone just agree this would be nice to have added as an option for those that could get the most out of it! Instead of coming up with reasons why it probably won't happen! Cause it wouldn't affect anyone just using the control either.

Though it wouldn't be fair in PVP i don't care about PVP, and this is why it needs to be added cause if/when crossplay ever happens for those that do care about PVP, they would want it to be fairer (and don't bring up sony won't allow for crossplay again either cause you never know!)

That has nothing to do with KB+M on ps4 like I said any USB KB+M already works on the ps4! And it isn't like all game need KB+M just games like this with block building and even The Sims 4 really needs KB+M and lots of other players already agree with that too.

Can't anyone just agree this would be nice to have added as an option for those that could get the most out of it! Instead of coming up with reasons why it probably won't happen! Cause it wouldn't affect anyone just using the control either.

Though it wouldn't be fair in PVP i don't care about PVP, and this is why it needs to be added cause if/when crossplay ever happens for those that do care about PVP, they would want it to be fairer (and don't bring up sony won't allow for crossplay again either cause you never know!)
What we are trying to say is that MS and Sony don't want people to use things that aren't their controllers. That's why no game has KB and Mouse support. They don't like it when people circumvent their rules.

What we are trying to say is that MS and Sony don't want people to use things that aren't their controllers. That's why no game has KB and Mouse support. They don't like it when people circumvent their rules.
That isn't the case cause I already use a controller along with KB+M on ps4 for shortcuts and chatting when I play Final Fantasy XIV Stormeblood and the controller would still be the default and would be needed for movement cause WASD is just awkward for me!
https://www.google.com/search?q=ps4+ffxiv+keyboard+and+mouse

PS4 Already allows Keyboard-and-Mouse it is the game devs that needs to add the support so games can use them. Some game wouldn't work very good with KB+M but some could really use them along with controller not standalone or separate.
https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Use-Keyboard-and-Mouse-with-PS4
https://www.google.com/search?q=ps4+keyboard+and+mouse+support

Xbox one links here
https://www.google.com/search?q=xbox+one+keyboard+and+mouse+support

Last edited:
This should be added to Android and iOS too. Android already supports Mouse and keyboard inputs.
Sometimes I think the developers are a bit lazy.

Developers got to add in the game, period. I use a wireless kb+mouse from logitech and a wired microsoft mouse on ps4 for browsing purposes and always works fine. Never tested on games. PS4 supports almost any peripheral in the market, from any brand, even hard drives, but xbox.....
The developers could add this support, but...the only thing we can do is wait. This is nothing to do with xplay and sony x microsoft.

Consoles really need the KB+Mouse possibility, because console controllers don't have enough buttons and fighting, mining and building are much easier with KB+Mouse. Controller as default but also possibility to play with KB+Mouse would be so good!
and for example Playstation 4 already has allowed to use KB+Mouse in the home screen and in some apps, but only in couple games has allowed the possibility to use them in the game (for example Fortnite can be played with KB+Mouse, because Epic Games added it into the game).
Sorry for bad English

Good news (aparently) WE GOT IT, DUDE!
I can't wait to play Terraria the right way in PS4!
TERRARIA.png

Back
Top Bottom