PC We Need More Magic Weapons People!

-=+Seth+=-

Skeletron Prime
Ok ok, So this is the second MWT,(MagicWeaponsThread),And this is a new Magic type Weapon, It's a Magic Shuriken, Much much much...Like the Magic Dagger,It comes back after a throw,Uses Mana,And can be found in GoldenChests, in the Cavern.

Here are some of the Sprites: MS:
Magic Shuriken.png
,MS Action:
Terraria Magic Shuriken.png

Stats:
Attack: 12
ManaUsage: 7
CritChance:5%
Speed:Average
Vel:10
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A Magic Returning
Shuriken,

Welp, Thats my second MWT,Hope you liked it!, Till next time, Stay tuned, BYE!!!!!!!!!:D

We? Who's we? 'I' have plenty of magic weapons, multiple chests full of the stuff, so 'we' don't need more magic weapons. 'You', now that's perhaps a different matter...

A magic returning shuriken? Another boomerang weapon, only for magic users? Not really creative in my opinion, so I'll pass.

We? Who's we? 'I' have plenty of magic weapons, multiple chests full of the stuff, so 'we' don't need more magic weapons. 'You', now that's perhaps a different matter...

A magic returning shuriken? Another boomerang weapon, only for magic users? Not really creative in my opinion, so I'll pass.
more starter magic weapons the other ones are hard mode end hard mode I think there should be more starter magic weapons
[DOUBLEPOST=1418427448][/DOUBLEPOST]
So... its basically an Enchanted boomerang that has lower stats and uses mana?
Also, Post your weapon suggestions Here
Sure

more starter magic weapons the other ones are hard mode end hard mode I think there should be more starter magic weapons
There aren't any magic starter weapons, sure, but there aren't any guns either, nor class-specific armours. There are boomerangs though, as well as throwables, and that should help you until you find and can create magic weapons and armour (which also happens way, WAY before reaching hardmode, there are plenty of magic weapons in easy).

There aren't any magic starter weapons, sure, but there aren't any guns either, nor class-specific armours. There are boomerangs though, as well as throwables, and that should help you until you find and can create magic weapons and armour (which also happens way, WAY before reaching hardmode, there are plenty of magic weapons in easy).

Ya your right i agree, it's just my fav class is mage,

plus, they got gem staves

I like magic too, man. Though your idea is... how can I say that... bad. A magic boomerang is just... meh. Think on some more weapons, and this time, don't simply take another class' weapon and apply magics to it.

Brotip: Terraria is a world of countless possibilities. Get a basic idea (ex.: fire hands, leaf tornado, energy balls, etc.) and apply creativity to it. Probably something nice will end up.

I like magic too, man. Though your idea is... how can I say that... bad. A magic boomerang is just... meh. Think on some more weapons, and this time, don't simply take another class' weapon and apply magics to it.

Brotip: Terraria is a world of countless possibilities. Get a basic idea (ex.: fire hands, leaf tornado, energy balls, etc.) and apply creativity to it. Probably something nice will end up.

Thanks!, i'm not that creative, i just started making custom items and things im a noob at it right now :)

As much as I love the Magic Dagger, I feel like there is no need for a Pre-HM version or a Post-Plantera version. In my opinion, we have plenty of magic weapons (which I believe should be nerfed; looking at you, Water Bolt). So far, we have:
In conclusion and apologies, NO SUPPORT

Melee and Range both have loads of weapons they have access to just seconds into the game. Maybe not a gun, but bows and knives and grenades and bombs and knives and shurikens and snowballs and different arrows and blowpipes are all ranger stuff right from the start. If you can risk it, you can even bomb a shadow orb/crimson heart and get a guaranteed strong gun drop. Swords and boomerangs and spears and chain knife and even tools are all melee. Magic gets nothing until you mine ore and even then, you will need gems which can be quite rare sometimes.

Maybe we don't "need" more magic stuff. However, there are some gaps that can definitely be filled in.

As much as I love the Magic Dagger, I feel like there is no need for a Pre-HM version or a Post-Plantera version. In my opinion, we have plenty of magic weapons (which I believe should be nerfed; looking at you, Water Bolt). So far, we have:
In conclusion and apologies, NO SUPPORT

You mean 3, as you don't normally have access to the 6 copper to plat ores. if you count the alts, then that's +4 for bows, +4 for swords, and +4 if you want to count shortswords. But only +3 for magic, which require rare gems whereas the bows and swords do not.

Melee and Range both have loads of weapons they have access to just seconds into the game. Maybe not a gun, but bows and knives and grenades and bombs and knives and shurikens and snowballs and different arrows and blowpipes are all ranger stuff right from the start.
True that, I completely forgot about bows and the blowpipe due to my sleepiness.
It doesn't change the need for magic weapons though, in my opinion. You can still craft wands and once you've build up your mana bar you'll be far enough into the game to be finding magic weapons.

If anything, I wouldn't mind more magic weapons available at the start, but not something as unimaginative as another boomerang.

Should they remove the wooden sword and wooden bow from the game, as we can already make swords and bows too?
It's not a good idea to remove anything in the game, due to maps and characters breaking. But I have never used them and won't miss them, that's for sure. :)

True that, I completely forgot about bows and the blowpipe due to my sleepiness.
It doesn't change the need for magic weapons though, in my opinion. You can still craft wands and once you've build up your mana bar you'll be far enough into the game to be finding magic weapons.

If anything, I wouldn't mind more magic weapons available at the start, but not something as unimaginative as another boomerang.

It's not a good idea to remove anything in the game, due to maps and characters breaking. But I have never used them and won't miss them, that's for sure. :)
Again, there's no need, but it would fill in some gaps. As the mage class is one of the 3 main classes it makes sense to have magic stuff available as soon as the others.

Wooden sword is definitely helpful at the start as you only have inferior copper tools to work with. If there is harm with removing though, is there any harm with adding wooden magic weapons? Maybe you won't use them but others who like magic would. The gem staffs were a good start but they require gems as well as mining and an anvil and furnace whereas the other classes you can be set just seconds after spawning.

Again, there's no need, but it would fill in some gaps.
Well, as I said, if anything, something original. Not a magic weapon that behaves like a boomerang (or anything else found in a surface chest). Since it's mostly the armour that defines a 'class' and since the early armours don't have special stats anyway, a mage can just as well toss a boomerang instead of a magic weapon that acts like a boomerang.
Heck, throw a ridiculously weak summon weapon in there too.

Back
Top Bottom