PS4 Weapon has extreme knockback while average and weird prefixes

DriagonV

Skeletron Prime
So I made an Excalibur and it had the shameful prefix, but instead of it having -20% knockback, it had something along the lines of +2.3416578E2+22% knockback, and had very strong knockback as a result, and after I crafted that sword I crafted a Chlorophyte Claymore (the excalibur was for my brother) but the Claymore had insane knockback, one comparable to a slap hand with a fire gauntlet, and it was annoying, so i thought i would remove my fire gauntlet, as a result it's power was 85 instead of 93, but still insane knockback, and when I tried it out it was the same, so what is this and how can i fix it?

just crafted a true nights edge and it is hurtful and has +infinity% Knockback.
putting pictures up now
[doublepost=1523727181,1523726858][/doublepost]
20180414_172330.jpg
20180414_202628.jpg

Attachments

• 20180414_172330.jpg
    20180414_172330.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 232
So I made an Excalibur and it had the shameful prefix, but instead of it having -20% knockback, it had something along the lines of +2.3416578E2+22% knockback, and had very strong knockback as a result, and after I crafted that sword I crafted a Chlorophyte Claymore (the excalibur was for my brother) but the Claymore had insane knockback, one comparable to a slap hand with a fire gauntlet, and it was annoying, so i thought i would remove my fire gauntlet, as a result it's power was 85 instead of 93, but still insane knockback, and when I tried it out it was the same, so what is this and how can i fix it?
Hi @DriagonV, I’ve seen other players have this problem as well, so you’re not alone. I’m not sure of a workaround for this while the dev team works out this bug. Have you tried reforging it again, putting it in a chest, closing it, and taking it back out, or closing out of the game and going back in? See if any of those work.

A tip for going forward... please don’t make the same topic in three different sections. I have merged all of them into this one thread, and deleted the two extra threads. I can see you’re new, so that may not be something you were aware of. :) Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi @DriagonV, I’ve seen other players have this problem as well, so you’re not alone. I’m not sure of a workaround for this while the dev team works out this bug. Have you tried reforging it again, putting it in a chest, closing it, and taking it back out, or closing out of the game and going back in? See if any of those work.

A tip for going forward... please don’t make the same topic in three different sections. I have merged all of them into this one thread, and deleted the two extra threads. I can see you’re new, so that may not be something you were aware of. :) Thanks.
Reforging seems to work for some time until the knockback comes back, putting the excalibur in a chest removes the weird prefix but still has the god knockback.
Also thanks I won't post in multiple sections :).

just got infinite knockback terra blade, it had the murderous prefix so I was sad to reforge it but got godly :D

I believe the cause of this glitch is due to the crafting of a melee weapon while equipped with a knockback increasing accessory. (Ex: Titan Glove, Mechanical Glove.)

I believe the cause of this glitch is due to the crafting of a melee weapon while equipped with a knockback increasing accessory. (Ex: Titan Glove, Mechanical Glove.)
Interesting @sharkman0101. So if you have a Titan Glove (or other knockback increasing accessory) equipped and you craft a melee weapon it’ll receive a massively extreme knock back stat? Does this happen 100% of the time?

Does it happen when reforming as well? If so, if you take the a Titan Glove off and reforge that same item does the knock back stat go back to normal?

It does happen 100% of the time whenever I tested it, and it works with any weapon that is melee.

Reforging and item does not give an item insane knockback, it only seems to happen when the weapon is crafted with the Titan Glove or other equipped. Reforging only fixes the item to have normal knockback. (And so does exiting the world. Must be some sort of overflow glitch.)

It does happen 100% of the time whenever I tested it, and it works with any weapon that is melee.

Reforging and item does not give an item insane knockback, it only seems to happen when the weapon is crafted with the Titan Glove or other equipped. Reforging only fixes the item to have normal knockback. (And so does exiting the world. Must be some sort of overflow glitch.)
Great info @sharkman0101, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom