Weapons & Equip Weapon Idea: Whips

Would you want Castlevania style whips in Terraria?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Gleaming_Dawn

Terrarian
For those of you who have played Castlevania before, this idea may bring a bit of nostalgia.

latest

Whips! Just think of how cool it would be. They'd be kinda like flails, but different.

newer_whip_animation_by_arcangeraziel-d7cmw6o.gif

When you use the whip, it'll shoot straight ahead doing a good amount of damage, maybe shining a little bit, though not real light, just letting you know it's primary attack is in use. In that shining phase, it would do it's full amount of damage. But if you keep holding the button after that:

latest

It would enter what I like to call, "Flailing Mode". In this mode, damage and range would be reduced slightly, but your able to flail your whip around a bit, possibly good for taking out segmented monsters like Eater of Worlds or The Destroyer. It would open up so many opportunities like the Yo-yo did. Obviously the first whip would probably be made with the corruption or crimson monster parts, and it would keep branching off with different kinds. It would definitely give Leather some more uses. Perhaps a Hellwhip that has a chance of lighting foes on fire, a Junglewhip that has a chance of poison, the possibilities are almost endless. So, what do you guys think? You like the idea?

I have always wanted this! Seeing this in Terraria would be a dream come true! Maybe instead of going straight, the whip would lash in the direction of the mouse. Also, maybe you can craft The Vampire Killer with a Leather Whip, a Stake Launcher, and 10 Lumite bars. The Vampire Killer would Insta-kill Vampires and have 100% critical chance against undead enemies, easily making it the best whip in the game in combination with a 175 base ranged damage. And I say Ranged damage because we have WAY too many melee weapons!

You know what? I should make a mod...

Sound really nice, maybe there could be a variation that could stun enemies when you hit them with the whip, I love this idea!

I would think that the Weapon Out mod does what you're looking for, where the whip springs directly where you are aiming and hitting with the tip does crit damage.

Back
Top Bottom