Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Software Info

Platform: PC

Version: 1.4.0.4

Gameplay: Tested in Singleplayer only.

Description

When you click the Open/Activate item to place a weapon in the weapon rack or an item in the item frame, the weapon/item doesn't get placed in the rack/frame.

(Since the weapon and rack is behaving the same as the item and frame minus the restricted item placement, I will just refer to them as item and frame from here on.)

From my guess, the game appears to register the player as clicking Open/Activate very rapidly. (I do not have any sort of autoclick enabled as I am not even sure how to do that :p ). There are several reasons for this observation. 1) After you click the Open/Activate button, the item disappears from the players inventory and appears popping out of the frame. 2) I managed to somehow get in item successfully into the frame, but cannot seem to replicate it (more on that below). 3) When placing an item with a large stack, like dirt or wood wall, the item is rapidly being replaced. See the following pictures to get a better idea of the behavior.

Pictures

The following pictures are the best attempt to replicate what is happening without an actual video. (Pardon the partially built house. I am still working on setting up this town :p )

Weapon Rack

Before clicking Open/Activate:
1590340155400.png

Immediately after clicking Open/Activate:
1590340209183.png

Item Frame

1590340373661.png

Immediately after clicking Open/Activate:
1590340646822.png

Special Exception Case

While replicating this bug to take pictures for your documentation, I captured the following picture. After recording it here, I realized the item successfully made it into the frame. After trying to replicate the success, I failed several more times. I was using autopause to try to capture the image immediately after pressing Open/Activate. As a result, I suspect that I pressed Open/Activate followed immediately by Esc, causing the game to only register a single click of Open/Activate and the item to stay in the frame.
1590340502432.png

Stack items placement:

1590341232846.png

Immediately after clicking Open/Activate ONCE. Note that I attempted to press the Open/Activate button as quickly as possible.
1590341298782.png

A few moments later. It can be seen that the game registered 3 clicks.
1590341332570.png

A special thank you to you. Your company remains in direct contact with your fanbase and takes your fans concerns into consideration. Your fans are able to directly ask questions and hear back from you. That is not something seen from all companies, and the open communication and care that is felt from you guys makes you and your company my favorite video game developers. So thank you for being concerned with people and not just profit.

And thank you for taking the time to read this. I know the bug fixes must be stressful as there are always a lot after a major release, but the community is loving the new release and your hard work is much appreciated. Good luck and take care!

This is a tricky issue because it only seems to happen to a minority of users. I'm guessing it may have to do with monitor refresh rate, but I'm not sure. What refresh rate is your monitor, if you know?

Thanks for the extensive report, this might help track it down!

60 Hz refresh rate. I have 1600 x 900 resolution, in case that helps with anything as well. I have a laptop that is currently running Windows 10.

Sorry for not getting back to you until now.

Back
Top Bottom