Weapon that changed your play through the most?

akrobeau

Skeletron Prime
Like, for example, my Ice blade helped me kill EoC, never would have done it with out it. Progressed me further by getting the Blood Lust Cluster, which helped me kill Skeletron, King Slime, BoC, and Queen Bee. Which that then urged me to go to the Underworld, where I gathered Hellstone, and that gave me Firey Greatsword, which gave me Night's Edge, which got me into hardmode. That night's edge gave me a True Night's Edge, and that’s where I am at now. What is that weapon for you?

Possessed hatchet was a nice surprise on my first 1.3 playthrough, they really buffed it through the roof.

Fetid Baghnakhs, holy crap. I found those babies before beating any mechanical boss and carried them all the way up until the Solar Eruption. I remember cackling with glee when I first tested their capabilities. They're still tied for my favorite weapon, but admittedly they can't quite hold up to endgame dps. Still. I love you, crazy crimson claws. We had some good times.

Fetid Baghnakhs, holy crap. I found those babies before beating any mechanical boss and carried them all the way up until the Solar Eruption. I remember cackling with glee when I first tested their capabilities. They're still tied for my favorite weapon, but admittedly they can't quite hold up to endgame dps. Still. I love you, crazy crimson claws. We had some good times.
I'd rather not get close enough to be eviscerated.

I’ve heard good things about the Baghnakhs, but never experienced them myself, as I am a console player. So they're kind of like an upgraded Bladed Glove?

I’ve heard good things about the Baghnakhs, but never experienced them myself, as I am a console player. So they're kind of like an upgraded Bladed Glove?
I've never used the Bladed Glove. I was playing an expert mode game that was already in hardmode when the Halloween event occurred, and as a result I never found it - I didn't learn of its drop conditions until afterward. Basically, they're small but incredibly fast, and you can change direction while swinging, so careful timing switching back and forth can fend off enemies from either direction. Though they encourage recklessly charging through enemies, too. Also dps-matching bosses.

I didn't realize they were desktop-only content. That's a real shame.

I've never used the Bladed Glove. I was playing an expert mode game that was already in hardmode when the Halloween event occurred, and as a result I never found it - I didn't learn of its drop conditions until afterward. Basically, they're small but incredibly fast, and you can change direction while swinging, so careful timing switching back and forth can fend off enemies from either direction. Though they encourage recklessly charging through enemies, too. Also dps-matching bosses.

I didn't realize they were desktop-only content. That's a real shame.
Yeah, crimson mimics are 1.3 and above, console is at 1.2.4.1. And the Bladed Glove is basically the exact same thing but with only 14 base damage.

Baghnakhs are crazy.

If you play multiplayer and have somebody hold boss aggro for you, you can use these things on Moon Lord. In terms of damage, they still hold up at that point of the game too.

I didn't even bother making any Solar weapons. I just coasted off Baghnakhs, Terra Blade, and Hatchet.

Without that luxury though, their use ends around... Cultist? In singleplayer, you can even use them on Fishron to skip the third phase entirely.

Absolutely ludicrous weapon. I love these things.

My first playthrough was on Terraria console, and I had a solar eclipse right into beginning of Hardmode. I got the Death Sickle almost immediately, and it lasted me until Golem. It was a lifesaver, especially for The Twins.

My first playthrough was on Terraria console, and I had a solar eclipse right into beginning of Hardmode. I got the Death Sickle almost immediately, and it lasted me until Golem. It was a lifesaver, especially for The Twins.
Yes. And when you mean right into the beginning like killing a mech boss? Because you can’t get a solar eclipse without killing a mech boss, not even when it was first released.

On Mobile, the Clockwork Assault Rifle is absolutely broken, and fires faster than the Megashark. I used that to kill Plantera, and will still use it until they fix the fire rate on it.

Vile thorn. My first playthrough was all in on swords/boomerangs till I found a weapon that can attack through walls. I still remember how hyped I was to get get that back in the day.

Yes. And when you mean right into the beginning like killing a mech boss? Because you can’t get a solar eclipse without killing a mech boss, not even when it was first released.
Actually, no. If you aren't aware, when 1.2 first came out, Solar Eclipses could happen any time during hardmode. Look at their history on the wiki.

The bubble gun/razorblade typhoon/razorpine + Spectre Armor hood= INSANITY AND INFINITE GODLY POWAH!!!!

Arkhalis, oh my g-o-s-h Arkhalis.
I've never had a play though without it (I've actually only made it into hardmode twice, one vanilla one modded, modded has yet to be finished), somehow I get lucky and find it in those shrines.
Funny story, only one of the two I found was actually in a sword shrine, like the structure. The second one was just kinda buried under a bunch of sand.

Fetid Baghnakhs was the only reason I ever made it past Plantera, so that gets a second.

Also, I'm generally a ranged player, so it's even more impressive that the two weapons that changed my play though were melee.

Back
Top Bottom