Items Weapon type changes made to Yo-Yo, Flail and Boomerang.

Do you use Flails more than Yo-yos?

• Total voters

Gome

Terrarian
Well, I want to begin by saying,
Since that fateful day that 1.3 was released to us, we gained many things while simultaneously losing others.

Since 1.3 when have you ever chosen to use a Flail over a Yo-Yo? Barely?
And my last rhetorical for you, after getting through Pre-Hardmode, do you ever use throwing weapons? Not really either.
After Fishron, do you use boomerangs? No, because you can't.

This simple idea thought up by myself and a few other players, what if Yo-yos, Boomerangs & (possibly) Flails became the Throwing type, and
the throwing type was expanded upon. Additions of armor that go up to Moonlord. As most of us know, the highest tier of throwing armor is
the Fossil armor, that goes up to Skeletron, or if you're skilled enough, the Wall of Flesh.

Maybe we could get a new crafting material from the wall of flesh that allows players to create a throwing armor at a Mythrill / Orichalcum anvil, then a headgear for throwing made of hallowed bars (as well as for summoner #~#), and what armor should be made after Plantera I'm not sure, but that's up for you guys to decide. However, when it comes to Luminite armor, we could have it be made purely of Luminite Bars, so we wouldn't require an extra tower in the Lunar event (as well as the assets associated with that.)

As far as the Yo-Yos go, if this suggestion were to be considered, Yo-Yos could go one more round without getting new ones, because yoyos are one of the highlights of 1.3 and we already have a ton of them. The same could be said for boomerangs as there are a ton of them, maybe add a few to the Martian madness & Solar Eclipse, and naturally from Luminite bars, But FLAILS! They're forgotten, as far as I'm aware, we didn't get a single new Flail in 1.3, it's understandable as yoyos are similar, but it's still sad that we have a weapon type that goes for more than half of the game but then you get to post Fishron / Golem, and bam, there goes Flails. Boo hoo. As far as what the armors and weapons would look like, I'm not sure, that's where you guys come in, if you want you send sprites my way and I'll credit you.

TLDR; New class idea ; Throwing class, uses throwing weapons as well as yoyos, flails and boomerangs becoming throwing weapons.

PS. add m0re spears after fishr0n pls b0ss

Thundergem speaking. Yay it's on the forum! Didn't realize it'd be this long. Hope it's noticed by the devs.

Yoyos and flails shouldn't be thrown, as they are attached to the player, making them technically melee.
A yoyo is thrown and connected through a string. I can see why someone would want it to be a thrown weapon.

A flail however has a handle. You don't throw out the ball, you swing it.

So yes to boomerangs, yes to yoyos if a replacement is made, and no to flails. That's just how I see it.

i think its fine, we have the possessed hatchet, paladins hammer, and boomerangs. i use them post moon lord,no support here, because the flail and yoyo are attached to your player.

Your idea is a common consensus, however it's also unfortunately one that currently splits the community since this would also take something away from players of the melee class. There are both niche users of these weapons and those who don't but share the need to defend the melee attribute of flails/boomerangs, and then there's yoyos... Holy crap, do people ever get up in arms attacking others that dare to tamper with their weapon, despite the fact that many do yoyo-only playthroughs.

As regrettable as it is this is the reality of the situation, it would stir too big an upset to change yoyos now, the other two I could see being possible, but still a tough sell.

Your idea is a common consensus, however it's also unfortunately one that currently splits the community since this would also take something away from players of the melee class. There are both niche users of these weapons and those who don't but share the need to defend the melee attribute of flails/boomerangs, and then there's yoyos... Holy crap, do people ever get up in arms attacking others that dare to tamper with their weapon, despite the fact that many do yoyo-only playthroughs.

As regrettable as it is this is the reality of the situation, it would stir too big an upset to change yoyos now, the other two I could see being possible, but still a tough sell.

I appreciate that, I do understand myself that this suggestion would cause drama between two sides of the community. However, Terraria has had many things changed and then reverted back, so it isn't impossible, if this suggestion is implemented and isn't liked by the community, it doesn't have to become permanent (unless it gets the spectre hood treatment.)

Back
Top Bottom