Weapons & Equip Weaponized Grappling Hooks

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
These grappling hooks wouldn't be like other Grappling Hooks you know. No, these Hooks double as dangerous weapons, granting you with enhanced mobility and fearsome firepower at the same time. Because you know you've always wanted to deal damage with these things.

Here are the basics. Firing one of these hooks at an enemy will latch onto them and deal constant Ranged damage while holding the left mouse button within range, dealing damage much the same way that the Piranha Gun deals damage. When latched on, the enemy is not used as an anchor point, so you aren't pulled towards them. If you just fire the Hook normally, it will penetrate through up to 7 enemies dealing damage until it reaches its target and latches onto its anchor point. The latched Hook will continue to deal damage to enemies on contact if they happen to touch the anchored Hook.

Here are a list of possible Weaponized Hooks. (For reference on grappling hook reach, see the wiki page.)

Skeletron_Hand.png

Skeletron Hand (Weaponized)
7 Damage.
22-tile reach.
15 Velocity.
* 2 Hands can be deployed at once.
* Weaponized. Can be used to latch onto and damage enemies.
Dropped by:
* Skeletron - 1/7 (14.29%)

<F for the fallen images from TO>
The Tongue
14 Damage.
30-tile reach.
14 Velocity.
* Single hook only.
Dropped by:
* Wall of Flesh - 1/12 (8.3%)

Prime Vice
20 Damage.
26-tile reach.
15.5 Velocity.
* 4 Vices can be deployed at once.
Recipe:
Skeletron_Hand.png
Skeletron Hand
Soul_of_Fright.png
Souls of Fright (20)
Hook_%28crafting_material%29.png
Hooks (4)
Chain.png
Chains (20)
@ a Hardmode Anvil.

Plantera's Hook
(Click the link for more details)
25 Damage.
30-tile reach.
15 Velocity.
* 3 Hooks can be deployed at once.
* Can grapple to background walls.
Dropped by:
* Plantera - 1/8 (12.5%)

These ones are less exciting, and serve more as hooks than as weapons. These simply pass through enemies and deal damage on hit, without the option to latch on and deal constant damage.

Ivy_Whip.png

(Weaponized) Ivy Whip
10 Damage.
25-tile reach.
13 Velocity.
* 3 Whips can be deployed at once.
* Whips deal damage on contact.
Recipe:
Vine.png
Vines (3)
Jungle_Spores.png
Jungles Spores (12)
@ an Anvil.

Fishron's Fangs
(Concept by CrazyDragon)
30 Damage.
35-tile reach.
16 Velocity.
* Dual hook.
* Fangs deal damage on contact.
Dropped by:
Duke Fishron - 1/20 (5%)

That's it for the suggestion. Feedback is appreciated! If you think it would be cool to have this added, let me know!

Last edited:
these should actually be in the game they are such good things yesyesyesyesyes they totally make sense too and their not random

Update to the main post: An unrelated thread on an unrelated topic gave me an idea for a Meat Hook. It's a Crimson Heart drop.
Also added the Soul Sapper, which is it's Corruption counterpart found in Shadow Orbs. I will do sprites for both sometime in the future.

SzGamer227 said:
Grappling Hook's tooltip would need to be moved over to it as well.
GET OVER HERE!
It never gets Old
How about adding a Scorpion Themed Weaponised Grappling Hook?

Awesome suggestion, I've thought bout this a lot myself, as well. I would prefer a bit more damage to them, but the idea itself is amazing.

That's what the Kunai-on-a-chain would be. :p I'm going to call it the Scorpion Tail (and maybe let it inflict Poison) so the reference will be blatantly obvious to some people while others remain completely oblivious.
How about making it Inflict The Venom Debuff,Also make it available after defeating a Certain Boss

Back
Top Bottom