tModLoader WeaponOut

Out of curiosity, what's the settings in your "\Terraria\ModLoader\WeaponOut.json" file?
Otherwise, what mods are you running? I can't really help until I can recreate the problem unfortunately.

{
"version": 1,
"show_weaponOut_visuals": true,
"forceshow_weaponOut_visuals": true,
"enable_base_weapons_and_tiles": true,
"enable_whips": true,
"enable_fists": true,
"enable_dual_weapons": true,
"enable_accessories": true,
"enable_emblems": true,
"readme": "First off, make sure to reload before the configs will take any effect. Most of the fields do exactly as they say, they will allow the mod to load, or choose not to, sets of content from the mod. The only field that does not do this is forceshow_weaponOut_visuals, which simply forces the weapon to always show regardless of the visibility of the first accessory slot as this is an oft requested feature. WARNING: Clients will desync if their local config is different to the server - this cannot be fixed without forcing the clients to download the server's mods and forcing the mods to reload. So don't mess with this too much outside of singleplayer unless you know what you're doing. And no I'm too lazy to find out how to even fix this behaviour, though a simple server mismatch warning might be a good idea. Feel free to delete this."
}

these are the settings in the json file, everything is as they should be, turned on.

As for mods i am running right now, i list them below, all are running latest versions.

Recipe Browser
Wing Slot
Boss Checklist
Omniswing
WeaponOut
Infinity - Endless Items
Even More Modifiers
Cheat Sheet
Skyblock Mod
All the Walls
MaxStackPlus
Stamina

{
"version": 1,
"show_weaponOut_visuals": true,
"forceshow_weaponOut_visuals": true,
"enable_base_weapons_and_tiles": true,
"enable_whips": true,
"enable_fists": true,
"enable_dual_weapons": true,
"enable_accessories": true,
"enable_emblems": true,
"readme": "First off, make sure to reload before the configs will take any effect. Most of the fields do exactly as they say, they will allow the mod to load, or choose not to, sets of content from the mod. The only field that does not do this is forceshow_weaponOut_visuals, which simply forces the weapon to always show regardless of the visibility of the first accessory slot as this is an oft requested feature. WARNING: Clients will desync if their local config is different to the server - this cannot be fixed without forcing the clients to download the server's mods and forcing the mods to reload. So don't mess with this too much outside of singleplayer unless you know what you're doing. And no I'm too lazy to find out how to even fix this behaviour, though a simple server mismatch warning might be a good idea. Feel free to delete this."
}

these are the settings in the json file, everything is as they should be, turned on.

As for mods i am running right now, i list them below, all are running latest versions.

Recipe Browser
Wing Slot
Boss Checklist
Omniswing
WeaponOut
Infinity - Endless Items
Even More Modifiers
Cheat Sheet
Skyblock Mod
All the Walls
MaxStackPlus
Stamina
Ah, that's a bug with forceshow_weaponOut_visuals, just set it to false for now.

Would this be considered an open source kind of mod where we can fiddle with stuff? Not calling it our own of course, but perhaps use some of your code, with your permission, to make our own fist type weapons? I just love the combo implementation, and the amount of "moves" you can do with such a short ranged weapon.EDIT I noticed if I were to do that, id have to take a significant amount of code that you worked on, due to the drawplayer, buffs, and a whole new usestyle, and code that coincides with all the other content from your mod, sooooo ill take that as a subtle no...

Would this be considered an open source kind of mod where we can fiddle with stuff? Not calling it our own of course, but perhaps use some of your code, with your permission, to make our own fist type weapons? I just love the combo implementation, and the amount of "moves" you can do with such a short ranged weapon.EDIT I noticed if I were to do that, id have to take a significant amount of code that you worked on, due to the drawplayer, buffs, and a whole new usestyle, and code that coincides with all the other content from your mod, sooooo ill take that as a subtle no...

I'm totally cool with supporting open source of my mods! (hence why they're all up on github). If you want to use a particular part then I can help with separating out just the code you need, since I write a lot of these on the fly so it's not the neatest thing in the world.

A lot of code is actually quite separate most of the time so it shouldn't be too much of an issue other than being a mess.

I'm totally cool with supporting open source of my mods! (hence why they're all up on github). If you want to use a particular part then I can help with separating out just the code you need, since I write a lot of these on the fly so it's not the neatest thing in the world.

A lot of code is actually quite separate most of the time so it shouldn't be too much of an issue other than being a mess.
Thanks! And no worries, I've kinda already started working on separating some of the fist weapon code from the rest, but if you could separate what you think I would need, I would greatly appreciate your input! I just mainly need the fist weapon code, and all the stuff that tie into it like the dashing ability, parry, the dual use buffs, etc... Hopefully I'm not asking too much of you, that's the last thing I'd want to do.

I just created a account to commend this mod.

I love it so much! Its small but already my favorite mod and im looking forward for updates. The fists are a new interesting combat weapon and hope you will add more in hardmode and maybe in normal mode.
Again thanks for this awesome mod, i wish i could do it aswell!

Last edited:
@HallowKingJerrold Sorry if I don't follow, but what is a master key, and how would it fire flasks?

* I don't think I have the know how to make an item attach to another item either way, especially given some items automatically trigger effects on right click.
* There is no way to easily tell if a gun is a shotgun. Plus, why not shotguns?
* Alchemy damage is still the same as any other damage, do you mean it scales with half ranged half alchemy? If you're running an alchemist set why not just full alchemy damage?
* I'm not particularly brushed up on the Tremor Mod, but isn't there an alchemist NPC that sell flasks already?

It sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm not really into mod integration if I'm not familiar with its workings. Anyway, I am focussing more on adding in fist and whip weapons for hardmode. Thanks for the suggestion though.

@HallowKingJerrold Sorry if I don't follow, but what is a master key, and how would it fire flasks?

* I don't think I have the know how to make an item attach to another item either way, especially given some items automatically trigger effects on right click.
* There is no way to easily tell if a gun is a shotgun. Plus, why not shotguns?
* Alchemy damage is still the same as any other damage, do you mean it scales with half ranged half alchemy? If you're running an alchemist set why not just full alchemy damage?
* I'm not particularly brushed up on the Tremor Mod, but isn't there an alchemist NPC that sell flasks already?

It sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm not really into mod integration if I'm not familiar with its workings. Anyway, I am focussing more on adding in fist and whip weapons for hardmode. Thanks for the suggestion though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KAC_Masterkey
The "Master Key" attachment (read: accessories) is based off of the KAC Masterkey - an shotgun attachment for weapons meant for breaking down doors. It's an moot point of adding such an thing to a shotgun (which the KAC Masterkey is), so things that have spread shots (Combat Shotgun, for example) won't trigger it. Then there's that Ranged thing - the Flask's damage (say, an lesser health flask) is given half of the gun's own damage (say, the Phoenix Blaster - gives 12 points of damage (this is without counting prefixes) to the damage that the Flask used to craft the Master Key). And yes, the Alchemist in the Tremor mod does sell basic flasks, as well as the Alchemist in the AlchemistNPC mod (thanks to me), so you do make sense there.

Now, as for an Hardmode Fist: Heavy Lifter Gauntlet (99 torches, 99 ice torches, 99 demon torches, 10 Cobalt Ingots) Has an 18 hit combo, and when in full power, right-clicking makes you fly for 2 minutes (think an gravitational potion). "Given from the TF2 Tightrope. The Heavy preferred Huo-Long over this."

And for the Hardmode Whip: Double-Trouble (50 Shadow Scales, 10 Souls of Might, Vilethorn) Unleashes two whip strikes. The brown whip (based of the Eater of Worlds) deals Cursed Flame instead of critical, while the white whip (based of the Destroyer) deals triple critical damage

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KAC_Masterkey
The "Master Key" attachment (read: accessories) is based off of the KAC Masterkey - an shotgun attachment for weapons meant for breaking down doors. It's an moot point of adding such an thing to a shotgun (which the KAC Masterkey is), so things that have spread shots (Combat Shotgun, for example) won't trigger it. Then there's that Ranged thing - the Flask's damage (say, an lesser health flask) is given half of the gun's own damage (say, the Phoenix Blaster - gives 12 points of damage (this is without counting prefixes) to the damage that the Flask used to craft the Master Key). And yes, the Alchemist in the Tremor mod does sell basic flasks, as well as the Alchemist in the AlchemistNPC mod (thanks to me), so you do make sense there.

Now, as for an Hardmode Fist: Heavy Lifter Gauntlet (99 torches, 99 ice torches, 99 demon torches, 10 Cobalt Ingots) Has an 18 hit combo, and when in full power, right-clicking makes you fly for 2 minutes (think an gravitational potion). "Given from the TF2 Tightrope. The Heavy preferred Huo-Long over this."

And for the Hardmode Whip: Double-Trouble (50 Shadow Scales, 10 Souls of Might, Vilethorn) Unleashes two whip strikes. The brown whip (based of the Eater of Worlds) deals Cursed Flame instead of critical, while the white whip (based of the Destroyer) deals triple critical damage

Also, think of your "All-Purpose Assult Rifle" weapon - right-clicking allows an altfire via channeling your inner Soldier 76 and firing an rocket shot. The Master Keys work this way like, say...the vanilla grenade launcher. Right-click, and fire an lob shot.

This is super useful for making showcases for mods, as it makes Terraria look much cooler!
p7yJjAN.png

Hi!

I did set both "weapon visual" options in the config to false, reloaded the mods but the weapons still show.

This may be a dumb question, but why are tools showing on my character? The weapon part works but when I take out my axe or pickaxe they are floating inside my character.

This may be a dumb question, but why are tools showing on my character? The weapon part works but when I take out my axe or pickaxe they are floating inside my character.

Well...it's called "Weapon Out". Things like Weapon Sets (Which looks rather stupid on you), tools, even potions if I remember correctly are seen on you.

Yeah, that's the point of the mod. Although it "looking rather stupid" is an opinion/complaint that I don't share -- in most cases, it makes a lot of sense to see non-weapons carried by the player as well.

Personally I love the effect, and can't imagine playing the game without it now.

Yeah, that's the point of the mod. Although it "looking rather stupid" is an opinion/complaint that I don't share -- in most cases, it makes a lot of sense to see non-weapons carried by the player as well.

Personally I love the effect, and can't imagine playing the game without it now.

What I meant for the "Weapon Set" thing is of the Joostmod's Weapon Sets. Yes, they're amazing, but it looks clunky on you.

I got an request

To go along with the Spark Shovel, could we have Magic Pickaxes with the following:

Mechanical Pickaxe (Wand of Sparking + Iron Rank Pickaxe)
Great Pickaxe (Silver Rank Wands + Silver Rank Pickaxe)
Double Header (Spark Shovel + Gold Rank Pickaxe)

Also:
Enchanted Pickaxe / Landgrinder / Gravel Prayer
Enchanted Sword + Gold Rank Pickaxe
Enchanted Pickaxe + 5 Life Crystals (Landgrinder)
Enchanted Pickaxe + Ice Blade (Gravel Prayer)

(An Gold rank Pickaxe that operates akin to a Enchanted Sword. Right Clicking allows you to fire an magic blast in the shape of the Pickaxe's head. Upgrading the Enchanted Pickaxe with 5 Life Crystals make the Landgrinder, the Arkhalis variant. Just like the very sword, the Landgrinder mines stupidly fast, making mining easier. Combining the Enchanted Pickaxe with the Ice Blade instead makes the Gravel Prayer, the Capacitor variant. This Pickaxe has increased Magic damage, and striking offers an 30% extra Mining Power for 30 seconds, making it an good pickaxe for late normal mode due to it allowing you to mine Hellstone within combat)

discordant charm as it is is terrible (it's a powerful item, but it's badly designed). instead of just needing souls of light at a hardmode anvil, it should need a rod of discord and an illuminant hook at the tinkerer's workshop. it would no longer need a rod of discord to function and goes in your hook slot. if you're in chaos state it acts like the illuminant hook.

Back
Top Bottom