tModLoader WeaponOut

Flashkirby99

Skeletron
zQCf4VW.png

v1.6.4, for tModLoader v0.10.1.5
Mod Status: Minor Update in the works (slowly)

Terraria Mod Wiki

What Is it?
A collection of features built around weapons and accessories. A lot of these are basically gimmicky systems that do cool stuff.

Summary:
* Hide/Show weapons being held with inventory icon (top left).
* Temporary spawn point tents! Silk + Wood.
* Fists! Dash at enemies to deliver devastating combos.
* Whips! Deals crits when hitting at the tip.
* Sabers! Fast striking swords with special charge effects.
* More dual-use Weapons! Right-click for secondary weapon abilities.
* Early game shields, with situational uses.
* Team-centric items for buffing, and restoring mana.
* Trivial accessories! Scale low tier weapons to high tier.
* Custom config file, if you want to toggle the above features.

@Gameraiders101 made a video about the fist-based monk class!
@quickseed40 made a video showcasing an older version!

I think a few youtubers use this in their modded playthrough which is super cool! Let me know - I'll watch it (hi Fury).

kdcROYP.png

But wait, there's more!*
*you can pick and choose to disable them in \Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Configs\WeaponOut.json

Jl1nUZb.png

This mod is basically a collection of lots of random features. Some for utility, others just for fun. Every item is listed with a [main component], or [NPC]. For items, ask the Guide for more details, and for NPCs, it'll be in their shop once certain conditions are met, eg. downing a boss.

Fist playstyle​

. . .​

This stuff will eventually get replaced by the wiki. Then I'll clear this section out.
Items marked (DW) can be enabled/disabled via enable_dual_weapons.

fXHc2kW.png
[
Silk.png
]
Camping Tent: Acts as a temporary spawn point that takes priority over beds, without the need to build a room for it.
Mew8Nvb.png
2uUNrtF.png
BnZ8E7q.png
bgSzxA1.png

Rally Banners: Team buffing item that provides major stat bonuses as long as it's held. Comes in all your favourite colours. (only if they're the above 4...)

63yiCbG.png
[
Zombie_Arm.png
]
Voodoo Arm : Causes items to autoswing. No more finger cramps!

NT4O900.png
[
Wand_of_Sparking.png
]
Spark Shovel (DW): Relatively early game pickaxe that doubles up as a magic weapon with alt-fire.

W4r82wo.png
[
Fallen_Star.png
]
Mana Wand: Fires a star that returns mana.

kGMEfI6.png
[
Ice_Blade.png
]
Capacitor (DW): Mana cost reducing sword that can alt-fire magic frost beams.

ZDjflzT.png
[
Meteorite_Bar.png
]
Immaterial Blade: Stronger phaseblade with very low knockback but high armour penetration.

tgLiDXI.png
[
Space_Gun.png
]
Demon Blaster: Fires delayed laser shots.
RzjBfQG.png
[
Soul_of_Light.gif
]
Onsoku: Dashes in a direction instead of swinging. Resets after touching the ground.
p5pFxEY.png
[
Katana.png
]
Hayauchi: Standing still charges a single large slash with increased damage and crit.
SX4Fv9C.png
[
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
]
Raiden: Slashes like the Arkhalis. Standing still charges a special attack that hits nearby enemies.

PremiS0.png
[
Clockwork_Assault_Rifle.png
]
Steam Persuader (DW): Stronger clockwork assault rifle, alt-fire to fire a shotgun burst instead.

YJVZBAY.png
[
Shroomite_Bar.png
]
Double Loader (DW): Shroomite gun that can fire bullets or darts with alt-fire.

wgqhbF9.png
[
Stardust_Fragment.png
]
All-Porpoise Assault Rifle: Vortex Beater tier rifle totally not inspired by a Pulse Rifle from a certain Blizzard game... Alt-fire to launch rockets.

0DCSwJ8.png
[
Sniper_Rifle.png
]
Woods' Antimat Rifle: Amped up sniper rifle that allows bullets to travel through walls. Dedicated to a friend.

ZpOVAnd.png
[
Musket_Ball.png
]
Splinter Shot: Special bullet type that splits into 3 weaker shots after a short distance.

kqQRCFA.png
[
Crystal_Bullet.png
]
Shattered Crystals: Splits apart after travelling a short distance, but shatters into many shards.

. . .​

kJJp4Bm.png
[
W4r82wo.png
]
Mana Sword (DW): Fires mana blast projectiles and a large mana-consuming laser with alt-fire.
S74dPgC.png
[
Inferno_Fork.png
]
Staff of Explosion: Makes a big explosion. If you think that's big, think bigger. But not that big.

y0zExsJ.png
[
Soul_of_Sight.gif
]
Reverb (DW): Fires a magic wave. Alt-fire to fire the wave in reverse.

wUOPyY5.png
[
Ectoplasm.png
]
Psywave: Releases a steady stream of damaging orbs that move with the caster.

nqlJZQ8.png
[
Sunplate_Block_%28placed%29.png
]
Channeler's Staff: Restores mana and buffs magic damage for a team member.
Whips are special melee weapons that function in a way similar to spears. However, they come out faster, hit further, and apply crits when striking with the tip of the whip to make up for their lower base damage.

. . .​

7FkjcF2.png
[
Leather.png
]
Leather Whip
: Simple corruption whip made from leather. Better crit damage.
E8yLVQz.png
[
Vertebrae.png
]
Whiplash: Simple crimson whip made from vertebrae. Better knockback.

eUFhL8V.png
aBq44CD.png
fyhPpHc.png
WDaOAbP.png
jahjU73.png

[
Vilethorn.png
] [
Jungle_Spores.png
] [
Bone.png
] [
Hellstone_Bar.png
] [
Crystal_Vile_Shard.png
]
More Whips at various tiers!

jThLdVC.png
[
Wizard.png
]
Puzzling Cutter: Super short sword-whip. Swings fast.
See WeaponOut 1.5 Post
Fist weapons are partially incompatible with Terraria Overhaul due to it removing player invincibility. Also does work with Dual Wielding, but anything equipped in the off-hand probably won't fire its projectile properly.

(The following information is from 1.3)

Fist weapons are designed first and foremost to help when engaging enemies in close range, and turn the player into a weapon. Attacking grants players with collision damage and invincibility, and successful hits will cause the player to bounce along at the same speed as the enemy, to allow them to easily chain hits together to build combo power.
Additionally, fists have access to a moveset:
Attack + Down (grounded) or Up (airborne) = Rising uppercut.
Attack + Down (airborne) - Fast falling stomp.

. . .​

LAPU0IX.png
K90eFK0.png
vidPeQ6.png
ybbJFJ5.png
DEFmkur.png

[
Iron_Bar.png
][
Lead_Bar.png
][
Flintlock_Pistol.png
][
Meteorite_Bar.png
][
Golden_Key.png
]
Combo Fists: Based around the combo feature, finishing a combo grants temporary access to an alt-fire effect.

kZOxmEy.png
Ya7cF8f.png
1A6UVtd.png
fC5M5lY.png
XRHb9OH.png
ADMMJ2u.png

[
Wood.png
][
Palm_Wood.png
][
Leather.png
][
Crimtane_Bar.png
][
Sturdy_Fossil.png
][
Bee_Wax.png
]
Parry Fists: Alt-fire to perform a parry animation, during which one attack will be blocked and instead grant a special bonus effect for that weapon.

JrFQLro.png
HHW1K5R.png
3oGco1k.png
EJJugXz.png

[
Silk.png
][
Meteorite_Bar.png
][
Feral_Claws.png
][
Hellstone_Bar.png
]
Dashing Fists: Alt-fire causes the character to dash with these fist weapons. Used to close the gap or evade attacks quickly.
mT2Ixuc.png
[
Wood.png
]
Round Shield: Grants 1 defence and provides knockback immunity for up to 10 damage hits.

r3kI5oi.png
[
Sturdy_Fossil.png
]
Ceratopsian Shield: Grants increased defence, knockback immunity and thorns effect when facing attacks.

oFvgReL.png
[
Pocket_Mirror.png
]
Mirror Badge: Reflects non-melee projectiles once every 1.5 seconds.

1LS2p96.png
ed1qdNc.png
[
Soul_of_Light.gif
]
Discordant Charm/Shades: Uses the Rod of Discord instead of a grappling hook as long as you wouldn't take damage from it. Can be equipped in the head slot, vanity head slot, or accessory slot.
Ej5nGxQ.png
Cg7cVud.png
kxC04Gm.png
DelE5be.png
4KhEpAO.png

[
Warrior_Emblem.png
Ranger_Emblem.png
Sorcerer_Emblem.png
Summoner_Emblem.png
Avenger_Emblem.png
]
Lunar Emblems
Joke end-game emblems crafted from Moonlord weapons. Make almost* any weapon as viable as Moonlord's gear!

.eJwNysENwyAMAMBdGAAn4MR1tkGEAhKpEbjKo-ru7b3vY96jmcMU1T4PgLPOKOO0U2WEnGwWyS2FXqeNckFQDbFc6aUTVl6QkDxtOzuPjAiOnN9XZkcbPxb_D6BlyN1Eus31ab4_UgIjwQ._UgxpZheaBO2AgHiObTUt0qsXVw

Got some suggestions? I have a Discord server for this now! Or just PM me and hope I get an email.

kdcROYP.png

DOWNLOAD
via GitHub
or
via Mod Browser

Flashkirby99 - I am making this mod.
@Gouvod - 汉语翻译
@Gosh Bosh - Переведено на русский.
@Eli10293 - Updated Sprites for: Mana Blast, Mana Sword, Molten Chains
@Alena - Updated Sprites for: Steampunk Persuader
goldenapple - "Modder's Guide to Config Files"
Folks on the discord server - Suggestions, bug testing and all-round support. You guys rock.
kiedev666 - Playtesting and ideas.

Bugs? Suggestions? Balancing? Fire away!
Discord Server

I don't ask for donations, but I appreciate it them as much as anyone else : )
Ko-fi

WeaponOut.png
Visit the Github Repository here!

Last edited:
zQCf4VW.png

What Is it?
A relatively minor mod that shows weapons being held, because why not.
Various weapons can be held out, as well as some non-weapons. Visibility can be toggled by showing/hiding the first accessory slot.

Also a couple of other random features and things, such as punching with your bare hands.

. . .

Other Stuff

Shield Out
RSJR1Gq.png

Blocking Damage

All shields can absorb a certain amount of damage from the player (you still take 1 damage), equal to 10 times the shield's defence, or half as much if the shield has no knockback immunity.

. . .

More Weapons

Jl1nUZb.png

This mod also adds weapons and items that do various different things.
. . .
dFegCii.png
Bare Hands: Punch something. Damage scales with armour.
Fist weapons grant brief invincibility but ever so slightly shorter in range.
. . .
fXHc2kW.png

Camping Tent: Acts as a temporary spawn point until you set up a bed.
. . .
W4r82wo.png
Mana Blast: Fires a star that returns mana if you hit something.
. . .
VctfpGF.png
Fists of Fury: Combo-oriented fist weapon that carries you with the enemy. Also fires short blasts.
. . .
Immaterial Blade: A phaseblade with no knockback, but great armour penetration.
. . .
Demon Blaster: Fires delayed beams at high speed.
. . .
Hayauchi: Sword that can create a large slash after standing still.
. . .
ZpOVAnd.png
Splinter Shot: A special bullet type that splits into 3 weaker shots after a short distance.
. . .
1LS2p96.png
Discordant Charm: Head piece that allows use of the Rod of Discord.
Replaces your grappling hook for as long as you are NOT in chaos state.
. . .
0DCSwJ8.png

Woods' Antimat Rifle
Amped up sniper rifle that can supercharge all bullets.

Demon Blaster: Space Gun, Demon Scythe
Fists of Fury: 5 Meteorite Bars
Hayauchi: Katana, Muramasa, Cobalt/Palladium Sword
Immaterial Blade: 15 Meteorite Bars, 10 Sapphires, 10 Diamonds
Mana Blast: 1 Mana Crystal, 3 Wood
WAR: Sniper Rifle, 16 Vortex Fragments

Wooden Shield: 5 Iron Bars, 10 Wood
Splinter Shot: 15 Musket Balls, 1 Wormtooth/Vertebrae, 2 Gel
Camping Tent: 2 Silk, 8 Wood
Discordant Charm: 15 Souls of Light

. . .

DISCLAIMER: This is still a work in progress so there will be bugs and other possible issues. Feedback is greatly appreciated (eg. unbalanced, strange behaviour, actually broken, it works in multiplayer, mod is configured wrong)

DOWNLOAD
via MediaFire​
You mind if I redo a couple of sprites?

I feel the weapon placement on your player is a bit...off. Now don't get me wrong I wouldn't change my first comment because this is a really good mod with a great future but like what SkullRay said, there is really nothing more to say right now.

P.S. the Hayauchi is awesome to me :p

Actually, part of what I said had to do with me not thinking of more to say at the time, and me not having much time to say said thing.
Oh really? My bad dude :p Well in that case I feel like the mods needs a bit of a fix up but exclude that part with me agreeing with SkullRay...We are on different pages here :p

Thanks for feedback so far guys!

You mind if I redo a couple of sprites?
What's up? PM me or something.

I feel the weapon placement on your player is a bit...off. Now don't get me wrong I wouldn't change my first comment because this is a really good mod with a great future but like what SkullRay said, there is really nothing more to say right now.

P.S. the Hayauchi is awesome to me :p
Weapon placements are probably off, especially the small ones (still tweaking those). Got any examples/suggestions?

Dude, if you could make it so you could dye weapons I will love you with all the homo I have.
o_O ...Well anyway not too sure on this one - I think one of the developers mentioned this didn't as they had hoped when they tried it? If someone could get the reference I swear I read it somewhere (may have been a twitter post). Anyway I could potentially get dyes working when sheathed, probably not when swinging. Also on a side note searching for it brought me to this thread which I found amusing :)

Thanks for feedback so far guys!

What's up? PM me or something.

Weapon placements are probably off, especially the small ones (still tweaking those). Got any examples/suggestions?

o_O ...Well anyway not too sure on this one - I think one of the developers mentioned this didn't as they had hoped when they tried it? If someone could get the reference I swear I read it somewhere (may have been a twitter post). Anyway I could potentially get dyes working when sheathed, probably not when swinging. Also on a side note searching for it brought me to this thread which I found amusing :)
Well it's mostly the yoyos since they seem to at times get very large or go a little wonky while being held and the big weapon should be moved a little bit to the southwest of the player but really other then that everything else is great :D

There are a couple of problems with items that are animated (sometimes). For example, Thorium's new yoyo, the Sick Throw, when held out with this mod enabled, shows it's whole spritesheet instead of, say, just the first frame or an animated version of it. I don't know if this is a mod-only thing or if it happens with vanilla, I only tested a bit. But so far, really, really loving this mod. It's super neat!

Last edited:
The way its coded means the item doesn't matter if its modded or not, hopefully. It definitely works with the Thorium Mod, I know that much.

EDIT: However the Shield Out doesn't work with the Thorium mod because they've made their shields using non-standard values (don't use item.defense for some reason).

Last edited:
Is it possible to make WeaponOut and ShieldOut separate mods? I really like the ability to see my weapons and the weapons you added are really nice, but I don't like ShieldOut since some of the mods I have make it look like I have a shield-:red2: when on low durability. It's just not good for my OC xD

Nice litle mod:happy:
Mana wand sticks in the ground when not used.
Splinter shot has only a short range for the aditional projectiles.
WAR using the anvil sound is annoying. Other than that i love the gun. Looks awesome when carried around.
Demon Blaster is a nice one.
Discordant charm doesn`t allways work.
Swords are ok i guess.
Camping tent is awesome.
Thorium mod shields don`t get the buff. Zoaklen and Tremor shields do get it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom