tModLoader WeaponOut

Hi all, sorry for late response - I have been (and am still) ill and eurgh, anyway:

WeaponOut for v0.8.3.5 (also updated main page)

There's a couple of other changes but I can't really even think of anything right now so it's basically a hotfix I guess. Oh yeah dual-use weapons work better now, or you can check what changed since last 2 months from here .

ok going back to dying now.

PS: i hope that;s the right donwload link

Nope. Not the right download thing. Redownloaded the mod and all I got was another reload crash. Might need to check out the link, because I think it links to the 1.0 version of the mod.

Nope. Not the right download thing. Redownloaded the mod and all I got was another reload crash. Might need to check out the link, because I think it links to the 1.0 version of the mod.
The one that's 1.61MB? Should be the latest working version, you mind posting what the reload error was? Also I haven't actually messed with the mod version so all releases thus far have been 1.0 (woops :p).

For reference all older versions have been renamed to reflect when they were published:
WeaponOut160828.tmod
WeaponOut160728.tmod
WeaponOut160725.tmod
So the latest version should always be WeaponOut.tmod

EDIT: Link should point to the more optimised 328.7KB

Last edited:
All I know is that when I reloaded the new Weaponout.tmod, the modloader said that an error occurred and disabled the file. I checked the file and it was back to version 1.0. I think you might need to put the new update on the Mod Browser.

All I know is that when I reloaded the new Weaponout.tmod, the modloader said that an error occurred and disabled the file. I checked the file and it was back to version 1.0. I think you might need to put the new update on the Mod Browser.
Ok well I've incremented the build version so that should be fine now, and I'll publish it to mod browser in a sec. Download.

Changes:
  • Fix gun hold offset when upside down
  • More hold styles for magic weapons
  • Spark Shovel and Capacitor fixed for multiplayer
  • Added Mana Sword with sprites by @Eli10293
  • Minor changes to fist usestyle

Ok, I like the Mana Sword, but please give it some work. Every time I use HERO's Mod to reforge it, all I get is this annoying "0<=1" message and this debuff called Switch Item. This is probably because there's an error with the Mana Sword getting reforged, so please fix. This bug also happened to the Steam Persuader as well.

Last edited:
@KirbyMaster500 Sorry, that's a debug message. I've patched it out in the manual update, mod browser update should be changed shortly. Not sure about the reforge stuff, will take some more time to look into it.

Last edited:
Ok, mod should be on v1.0.4 now, hopefully I've ironed out all the last minute bugs... hence why it's still a work in progress :p

When i die and i respawn the weapon isnt there..
Have you made sure your first accessory slot is set to visible? Otherwise I can't really help until I know more about the problem...

Ok, mod should be on v1.0.4 now, hopefully I've ironed out all the last minute bugs... hence why it's still a work in progress :p

Have you made sure your first accessory slot is set to visible? Otherwise I can't really help until I know more about the problem...
oh, XD thanks for that. XD

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at WeaponOut.Items.Weapons.HelperDual..ctor(Item item, Boolean preferAltPrefix)
at WeaponOut.Items.Weapons.Capacitor.SetDefaults()
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Uhm...
All I did was reload my mods 'cuz I had to update one...

Last edited:
I noticed some weird behavior with Buckets.
Sometimes when I hold multiple buckets in my cursor and I use them all at once, I can get the Fist item in my cursor. I can then put it in my inventory and it won't disappear unless I actually delete it.
You might want to check if the selected item slot is not the cursor before spawning the Fist.

zQCf4VW.png

v1.0.4, for tModLoader v0.8.3.5

What Is it?
A relatively minor mod that shows weapons being held, because why not.
Various weapons can be held out, as well as some non-weapons.
Visibility can be toggled by showing/hiding the first accessory slot.

Also a couple of other random features and things, such as punching with your bare hands.

quickseed40 made a video showcasing it!

. . .

But wait, there's more!

Jl1nUZb.png

This mod also includes a bunch of random little things I've been working on. Some for utility, others just for fun. It's a neverending work in progress.
. . .
dFegCii.png
Bare Hands: Punch something - damage scales with armour. You can't actually craft this - its used automatically when you have no item equipped.
Fist weapons grant brief invincibility but ever so slightly shorter in range.
. . .
fXHc2kW.png

Camping Tent: Acts as a temporary spawn point until you set up a bed.
. . .
W4r82wo.png
Mana Blast: Fires a star that returns mana if you hit something.
. . .
VctfpGF.png
Fists of Fury: Combo-oriented fist weapon that carries you with the enemy. Also fires short blasts.
. . .
Immaterial Blade: A phaseblade with no knockback, but great armour penetration.
. . .
Capacitor: Mana cost reducing sword that can fire frost beams.
. . .
Demon Blaster: Fires delayed beams at high speed.
. . .
Hayauchi: Sword that can create a large slash after standing still.
. . .
ZpOVAnd.png
Splinter Shot: A special bullet type that splits into 3 weaker shots after a short distance.
. . .
1LS2p96.png
Discordant Charm: Head piece that allows use of the Rod of Discord.
Replaces your grappling hook for as long as you are NOT in chaos state.
. . .
oFvgReL.png
Mirror Badge
: Reflects non-melee projectiles at the cost of mana.
. . .
S74dPgC.png
Staff of Explosion: Makes big explosions.
. . .
WHIPS
7FkjcF2.png
Leather Whip: Simple corruption whip made from leather.
E8yLVQz.png
Whiplash: Simple crimson whip made from vertebrae.
eUFhL8V.png
Vilelash: Longer, faster whip made from demonite and a vilethorn.

. . .
0DCSwJ8.png

Woods' Antimat Rifle
Amped up sniper rifle that can supercharge all bullets.
Capacitor: Ice Blade, 5 Fallen Star (definitely subject to change)
Demon Blaster: Space Gun, Demon Scythe
Fists of Fury: 5 Meteorite Bars
Hayauchi: Katana, Muramasa, Cobalt/Palladium Sword
Immaterial Blade: 15 Meteorite Bars, 10 Sapphires, 10 Diamonds
Mana Blast: 1 Mana Crystal, 3 Wood
Spark Shovel: Copper/Tin Pickaxe, Wand of Sparking
Staff of Explosion: Wand of Sparking, Ruby Staff, Meteor Staff, Inferno Fork
WAR: Sniper Rifle, 16 Vortex Fragments

Leather Whip: Leather
Whiplash: 5 Vertebrae
Vilelash: Vilethron, 5 Demonite Bars

Wooden Shield: 5 Iron Bars, 10 Wood
Splinter Shot: 15 Musket Balls, 1 Wormtooth/Vertebrae, 2 Gel
Camping Tent: 2 Silk, 8 Wood
Discordant Charm: 15 Souls of Light

To Spriters: I don't actually need new sprites - I can do them myself; if you feel a burning desire to resprite something and want me to put it in, I definitely consider it!

. . .

DISCLAIMER: This is still a work in progress so there will be bugs and other possible issues. Feedback is greatly appreciated (eg. unbalanced, strange behaviour, actually broken, it works in multiplayer, mod is configured wrong)

DOWNLOAD
via MediaFire
or
via Mod Browser
(but I don't keep that as much up to date)

Flashkirby99 - I am making this mod.
kiedev666 - Playtesting and ideas.
Eli10293 - Updated Sprites for: Mana Blast, Mana sword.
Are you going to update the thread with the new sprites?

I am fixing another plethora of bugs from a recent multiplayer test (and still ill euurrgghhh) - expect a more stable version soon (last update was a bit rushed because I accidently mod browser). Keep me posted on bugs in the meanwhile!

@Spacecats this will be fixed in the next one hopefully
@goldenapple I can't recreate this, but because of the issues it's causing vs usefulnes I'm patching out the fists for now.
@Eli10293 I will after the next one.
@KirbyMaster500 dunno what that could be without more context, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom